• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else finding this game hard to watch? I'm literally within an eyelash of playing Madden instead. Ugly game

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else finding this game hard to watch? I'm literally within an eyelash of playing Madden instead. Ugly game
I’m letting the wife watch Netflix. Ugly game between two bad teams

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made that mistake Saturday, "Making a Murderer, Part 2" marathon..missed my Huskers first win :(

My wife had never seen “Friends”. We are now at the end of season 8 so I’m ok with this one. Need a recommendation on what to watch next.

That’s rough...might be the only one this year.

Florida definitely got the best immediate return on the coaching carousel this year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never watch a Giants game, especially in primetime. They are always dreadfully boring

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that Amari trade seems really bad. Why didn't Jerry go after Jordan Matthews when he was available. He and Amari basically are the same guy big slot receivers with athletic ability and bad hands.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife had never seen “Friends”. We are now at the end of season 8 so I’m ok with this one. Need a recommendation on what to watch next.

That’s rough...might be the only one this year.

Florida definitely got the best immediate return on the coaching carousel this year.
House of cards..if you can get over Kevin Spacey being what he is/was..is a must watch, for me.
Breaking Bad (if you haven't already), Better Call Saul (but omly AFTER you've watched Breaking Bad), the "making a murderer" was really good, yet frustrating in a way, "Schitts Creek" is hilarious, "The Tudors" is a great one if you like historical dramas based in that time (King Henry VIII), the wife LOVED "Dexter"-i managed, there's enough hot chicks and nudity that it wasn't bad. "Grace and Frankie" is pretty good, although we kinda lost interest in the 4th season, and "the Ranch", Sam Elliot is one step below Morgan Freeman for the best voice ever, anything he's in is gold in my book.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Gallup plummet? He's no longer the most dangerous outside receiver on the team. If you're going to roll coverage to someone, wouldn't you pick Cooper? Maybe he's no longer destined to be the Cowboys #1, but the guy across from Cooper has outproduced Cooper pretty much his entire career.

Cowboys don't throw enough to support that
Way different when you go from Carr passing attempts to Dak's passing attempts. Can't see Dak magically supporting a slot WR and a WR2, while also giving Cooper enough attention that warrants coughing up a 1st rounder

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way different when you go from Carr passing attempts to Dak's passing attempts. Can't see Dak magically supporting a slot WR and a WR2, while also giving Cooper enough attention that warrants coughing up a 1st rounder
Do they not throw enough by design, or necessity, because they have(had) no one to throw to besides a slot and a rookie? The trade itself suggests the later.
Gallup, in a redraft, had next to zero value, hard to plummet when you're already near the bottom. And in a keeper/dynasty, I feel its unchanged. Loses the probability of being the #1, at least until 2021 , but benefits from not having to be THE guy right away.

That line isnt what it was, they can't just lineup and plow people over any longer. The trade is an indicator they realize they have to open things up

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they not throw enough by design, or necessity, because they have(had) no one to throw to besides a slot and a rookie? The trade itself suggests the later.
Gallup, in a redraft, had next to zero value, hard to plummet when you're already near the bottom. And in a keeper/dynasty, I feel its unchanged. Loses the probability of being the #1, at least until 2021 , but benefits from not having to be THE guy right away.

That line isnt what it was, they can't just lineup and plow people over any longer. The trade is an indicator they realize they have to open things up
Leaning towards Treff's view here.
Dak did well his first season. He had Dez. Prior to Elliott. Don't recall his exact numbers but it was enough to make him a top draft pick the following season.

Gotta say, all this talk of Cooper's stone hands is news to me. What is his drop rate?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning towards Treff's view here.
Dak did well his first season. He had Dez. Prior to Elliott. Don't recall his exact numbers but it was enough to make him a top draft pick the following season.

Gotta say, all this talk of Cooper's stone hands is news to me. What is his drop rate?
Dak and Zeke were rookies the same year..but yes he produced quite respectably with Dez, Witten, Williams, Beasley. I wouldn't say he did well enough to support two WR's, but how many rookies do? As a third year, I think its fair to expect he COULD, if the game plan allowed.

Cooper drop rate is pretty high career wise, among the league leaders in 15 and 17, but only dropped 4, in that one game, in the 16 season. Having a hard time finding drop numbers for this year, but the "leader" board lists down to those tied at 2 drops, and he ain't on it

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak and Zeke were rookies the same year..but yes he produced quite respectably with Dez, Witten, Williams, Beasley. I wouldn't say he did well enough to support two WR's, but how many rookies do? As a third year, I think its fair to expect he COULD, if the game plan allowed.

Cooper drop rate is pretty high career wise, among the league leaders in 15 and 17, but only dropped 4, in that one game, in the 16 season. Having a hard time finding drop numbers for this year, but the "leader" board lists down to those tied at 2 drops, and he ain't on it
NFL Leaders - Pass Dropped | NBCSports

He isnt on here but he also isnt getting much action this year. Less passes so less chances to drop them

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Leaders - Pass Dropped | NBCSports

He isnt on here but he also isnt getting much action this year. Less passes so less chances to drop them

Yeah, but those lists only count ones that hit them directly in the middle of their body and they drop it, it doesn't take into account balls that everybody thinks a wide receiver should catch and doesn't. Cooper doesn't have great hands, but he has gotten better.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos QB Chad Kelly was charged with first-degree criminal trespassing following an incident in Englewood, Colorado early Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, Englewood officers responded to a call about a man standing outside a residence around 1:17 in the morning. By the time they arrived, the man had entered the residence and been chased away by the occupant. Police eventually found a man who matched the description, later identified as Kelly. "We are disappointed that Chad Kelly was arrested early this morning," the Broncos said in a statement. "Our organization has been in contact with Chad, and we are in the process of gathering more information." Kelly lasted until the final pick of the 2017 draft because of several issues off the field in college including an arrest following a bar fight in Buffalo.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Oct 23 - 12:28 PM

@TREFF your boy got himself in some serious hot water

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos QB Chad Kelly was charged with first-degree criminal trespassing following an incident in Englewood, Colorado early Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, Englewood officers responded to a call about a man standing outside a residence around 1:17 in the morning. By the time they arrived, the man had entered the residence and been chased away by the occupant. Police eventually found a man who matched the description, later identified as Kelly. "We are disappointed that Chad Kelly was arrested early this morning," the Broncos said in a statement. "Our organization has been in contact with Chad, and we are in the process of gathering more information." Kelly lasted until the final pick of the 2017 draft because of several issues off the field in college including an arrest following a bar fight in Buffalo.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Oct 23 - 12:28 PM

@TREFF your boy got himself in some serious hot water
Evidently Kelly attended the annual Bronco Halloween party with his girlfriend, got drunk and had an incident near the party location. Dumb Ass.