• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about McCaffrey, though, is that he will probably be on the field with Stewart. I could see him lining up in the slot a good amount of time, and taking the 3rd down back role from the get go. In PPR leagues, this could put him in a good position for steady points.
Oh in PPR McCaffrey should/ could be a stud, but in standard leagues owners buying into his hype are going to be very disappointed.:2cents:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette has the card that says go directly to go.

:L Man!
I don't know why I keep confusing Fournette with McCaffrey?
Embarrassing.

I agree Fournette's situation is better. But it is the Jags.
Todd Gurley didn't do much behind a poor O-line. Not to be a top-8 RB. Even in 2015. Just saying.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing.

Todd Gurley didn't do much behind a poor O-line. Not to be a top-8 RB. Even in 2015. Just saying.
definitely a matter of opinion, and your right, but RB to RB coming out of college i like fournette better, i love him so much hes sure to bust

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing.

Volume alone should make him somewhat valuable.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh in PPR McCaffrey should/ could be a stud, but in standard leagues owners buying into his hype are going to be very disappointed.:2cents:
It won't be long before they get tired of JStew and his sub 4 ypc, then all he'll have to worry about is goaline

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be long before they get tired of JStew and his sub 4 ypc, then all he'll have to worry about is goaline

Then they'll find another RB to handle the first two downs, it won't be McCaffery. He's not built for him, kind of like Prosise isn't built for it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volume alone should make him somewhat valuable.
I know have a rep for hating on rookies.
But I do agree with you.
The big question is "how valuable" depends on the rose-colored glasses.

I read his scouting report (on NFL.com).
The pros are that they make comparisons to Bo Jackson and Adrian Peterson.
One con is that he seems to have issues in pass-protection.​

Just my opinion, but pass-protection in the NFL is huge.
Especially since decent QB are tougher to find than RB.
It's what holds some RB back from being on the field more.

Plus the Jags have a back that they trust on 3rd down. (Yeldon)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do agree with you.

Yeah Yeldon probably comes in to block on passing downs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they'll find another RB to handle the first two downs, it won't be McCaffery. He's not built for him, kind of like Prosise isn't built for it.
Pfft.. he's 5'11" 200+, 10 lbs lighter than Shady (by the way, nearly the exact same size and hieght as Cook that you for whatever think can be the man)... it's not like he's Woodhead. And Prosise at 6'1" 220, has the build just fine, thus far is just proven to have brittle genetics, whether that's weak bones our tendons or muscle tissue, whatever. and if there's one thing we do know about McCaffrey's, their genes aren't brittle, his old man was one tough SOB . You simply don't draft a RB top 10 these days if you don't intend tho feed him the ball whenever, however possible. Maybe he won't hold up over time, but he'll get ample touches until he does

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do agree with you.

One con is that he seems to have issues in pass-protection.

Bad pass protection is a good way to find yourself on the bench in the NFL. This is what holds a lot of rookie RBs back when it comes to early playing time. Most of them never had to worry much about it in college.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do agree with you.

theyve floated on numerous times they want fournette to be a 3 down back and that they feel his pass catching ability is better than hes given credit for, again, they are gonna give him every chance, they took him #4. and yeldon is not recovered yet

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theyve floated on numerous times they want fournette to be a 3 down back and that they feel his pass catching ability is better than hes given credit for, again, they are gonna give him every chance, they took him #4. and yeldon is not recovered yet
Maybe I have doubts what they say compared to what they do.
Him being a 3 down back maybe long term. Not short term.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft.. he's 5'11" 200+, 10 lbs lighter than Shady (by the way, nearly the exact same size and hieght as Cook that you for whatever think can be the man)... it's not like he's Woodhead. And Prosise at 6'1" 220, has the build just fine, thus far is just proven to have brittle genetics, whether that's weak bones our tendons or muscle tissue, whatever. and if there's one thing we do know about McCaffrey's, their genes aren't brittle, his old man was one tough SOB . You simply don't draft a RB top 10 these days if you don't intend tho feed him the ball whenever, however possible. Maybe he won't hold up over time, but he'll get ample touches until he does

200lbs. is not a prototypical size for a 3 down back, he's not powering through tackles or bowling over DL and linebackers. However as a receiver coming out of the backfield, linebackers trying to cover him are at a big disadvantage, I expect the Panthers to take advantage of that, also he's a good enough receiver to be a WR and he'll see action out of the slot position IMO. He'll get used a lot in the Panthers offense, but likely as much as a receiver as a runner. I certainly could be wrong, lord knows been wrong plenty of times, but that's how I see it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200lbs. is not a prototypical size for a 3 down back, he's not powering through tackles or bowling over DL and linebackers. However as a receiver coming out of the backfield, linebackers trying to cover him are at a big disadvantage, I expect the Panthers to take advantage of that, also he's a good enough receiver to be a WR and he'll see action out of the slot position IMO. He'll get used a lot in the Panthers offense, but likely as much as a receiver as a runner. I certainly could be wrong, lord knows been wrong plenty of times, but that's how I see it.
We could both be way off, who the heck knows, but given what he's done, what he can do, I'm not going to write him off because he's about 10-15 lbs lighter than the prototype. To me that's almost negligible, and it ain't hard to add 10 lbs of muscle to a 5' 11", 21 year old frame, when you've got an army of strength and fitness trainers, nutritionists, and gawd knows what else. .. should he need to.

I guess where i get confussed is how a guy at 5' 10" 212, is somehow magically more built for an every down role than a 5'11", 202.. their both "proto-typically" undersized. I'll take the one who doesn't have a bad rap about creating his own yards inside anyday

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size doesn't matter. Either a RB can stop a LB or he can't.
Ray rice was a little guy but a great blocker.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know the thing about Christmas being "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"?

Well, this is anti-that; jeezus, between the coachspeak and the fantasyspeak, this makes for a horrible time of year.

Mike Evans an overrated 2017 fantasy pick?
9296.jpg

Mike Evans was a top-12 fantasy scorer in just one of the final eight weeks of last season.

He finished outside the top-40 receiver scorers in four of those eight weeks. At his 1.07 overall ADP, Evans is presently being drafted as if his extremely volume-driven first-half success should be the expectation, but Tampa Bay's defensive improvement, run-game commitment, and weapons upgrades in DeSean Jackson and O.J. Howard suggest Evans is likely to lose north of 25 targets off last year's career-high 173. You can read more about Evans' situation in Rich Hribar's "Winning, Losing and Plays" column at the link below.

@obxyankeefan , believe the Anti-Hype! Oh, it is true, sir...I'm here to tell ya! :nod:

So...I'll do ya a favor and take him off yer hands. ;)

That said, I kinda like Hribar; he hasn't totally sucked in years past. It is an interesting column, but in the end it's still a crapshoot, imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, this is anti-that; jeezus, between the coachspeak and the fantasyspeak, this makes for a horrible time of year.

9296.jpg

Mike Evans was a top-12 fantasy scorer in just one of the final eight weeks of last season.

He finished outside the top-40 receiver scorers in four of those eight weeks. At his 1.07 overall ADP, Evans is presently being drafted as if his extremely volume-driven first-half success should be the expectation, but Tampa Bay's defensive improvement, run-game commitment, and weapons upgrades in DeSean Jackson and O.J. Howard suggest Evans is likely to lose north of 25 targets off last year's career-high 173. You can read more about Evans' situation in Rich Hribar's "Winning, Losing and Plays" column at the link below.

@obxyankeefan , believe the Anti-Hype! Oh, it is true, sir...I'm here to tell ya! :nod:

That said, I kinda like Hribar; he hasn't totally sucked in years past. It is an interesting column, but in the end it's still a crapshoot, imo.

i read this and i semi agreed, but he will get his, if he loses targets but imporves his catch efficiency he'll be still dominant

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9296.jpg

Been reading much of the same. Guess some regression could/ should be expected short term. In dynasty though I'd love to take my chances with him. OBX got a death grip on him though, you basically got to kill OBX then pry Evans from his cold dead hands if you want Evans.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9296.jpg

Yet he was the highest scoring WR in a normal league for the season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my humble opinion, one thing fans like us miss is that when a QB on the verge of becoming top flight gains offensive weapons, it not only pushes him over the top, it also improves the quality of the guys he depended on before; I believe that will be true with Rishard Matthews and Mariota, and I certainly believe it about Winston and Evans.

Seriously, about Winston and Evans, I am convinced.