• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H
ESPN’s Rich Cimini said running the wrong route in the fourth quarter of Monday night’s loss to the Bills “may have been the end” for Mike Williams in the Jets offense.

Aaron Rodgers made sure to call out Williams for apparently running an incorrect route late in the fourth quarter,
After Rodgers called him out and Cimini shared this with the media, i'm sure the asking price for Mike Williams might be a 7th round pick in 2027.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. Does this help or hurt?

Coleman
Kincaid
Shakir

My guess is Coleman is the most impacted by this, and not in a good way.
I think it hurts all of them. They will still all be on the field, but Cooper will be the clear #1.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H

After Rodgers called him out and Cimini shared this with the media, i'm sure the asking price for Mike Williams might be a 7th round pick in 2027.

Didn't look like a wrong route to me. Williams just slipped on an underthrown pass. Rodgers is such a sook.

Taron Johnson made an unbelievable play. Welcome back kid!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Talk reports the Jets will attempt to trade Mike Williams after acquiring Davante Adams.
Certainly there’s no reason for Williams to want to stick with the Jets after the Adams trade, and it appears the Jets recognize this as well. Williams is on a one-year, $10 million deal with a ton of void years. He’d be an interesting fit on a number of teams, but the type of teams he’d help the most (the Bills and Chiefs immediately come to mind) are not teams that the Jets would want to help. Williams has been targeted 17 times in six weeks and has just 145 scoreless yards on the season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting. An excerpt from a piece at SI.com. Chuba is currently a top 10 RB. If he continues doing what he's doing and stays healthy, how hot of a commodity will he be next year? Cowboys? Raiders? Vikings?

The success Chuba Hubbard has seen gives Carolina no reason to rush Brooks back into action. And while the games still matter, Carolina has every reason to feed Hubbard with as many touches as he can handle. The veteran running back is a free agent in 2025 and Carolina has no obligation to keep Hubbard fresh for next season. No matter what happens in 2024 (bar injury), Brooks will be the starting back for Carolina in 2025 and beyond. The Panthers are contractually tied to both Brooks and Sanders in 2025, making Chuba a long shot to be on the team going forward.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. Does this help or hurt?

Coleman
Kincaid
Shakir

My guess is Coleman is the most impacted by this, and not in a good way.
Makes you wonder if the Bills have decided theyre already moving on from Coleman and Kincaid.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting. An excerpt from a piece at SI.com. Chuba is currently a top 10 RB. If he continues doing what he's doing and stays healthy, how hot of a commodity will he be next year? Cowboys? Raiders? Vikings?

The success Chuba Hubbard has seen gives Carolina no reason to rush Brooks back into action. And while the games still matter, Carolina has every reason to feed Hubbard with as many touches as he can handle. The veteran running back is a free agent in 2025 and Carolina has no obligation to keep Hubbard fresh for next season. No matter what happens in 2024 (bar injury), Brooks will be the starting back for Carolina in 2025 and beyond. The Panthers are contractually tied to both Brooks and Sanders in 2025, making Chuba a long shot to be on the team going forward.
Doubtful IMHO.
even with the slight resurgence in valuation of the position there's still plenty of guys around that could equal or better what Chubba has done.

potential UFA Rb's in 2025-

James Conner
Nick Chubb
Naj. Harris
Aaron Jones
JK Dobbins
Jav. Williams
among at least 4-5 others I would put in the category similar to a back like Chubba

not to mention, the incoming RB class should be significantly deeper than the '24 class..SHOULD be. There's even a Hiesman frontrunner in there

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful IMHO.
even with the slight resurgence in valuation of the position there's still plenty of guys around that could equal or better what Chubba has done.
Treff if i didnt like you i'd hate you.
Chubba plays on the absolute worst offense with the worst QBs and <for emphasis> he is a top 10 RB.

Imagine what he could do on a good offense?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful IMHO.

potential UFA Rb's in 2025-

James Conner
Nick Chubb
Naj. Harris
Aaron Jones
JK Dobbins
Jav. Williams
among at least 4-5 others I would put in the category similar to a back like Chubba

not to mention, the incoming RB class should be significantly deeper than the '24 class..SHOULD be. There's even a Hiesman frontrunner in there

Chubba plays on the absolute worst offense with the worst QBs and <for emphasis> he is a top 10 RB.

Gotta disagree with you here, @TREFF and agree with @averagejoe.

Injury concerns on all you've listed, except maybe Harris.

Not only is Chuba carrying this pathetic team, he's also showing decent signs that he can be a pass catcher.

As to the incoming RB class? Well, that's a subject for debate every year.

We shall see what we see. :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another thing to consider is that while Chubba is a top 10 FANTASY back- he's really only 6 catches, or 60 yards, or 1 TD away from being 14-16th

He's #3 in rushing yards, but in actuality he's just one of the pack from 3-9. Any given week he could dive off a cliff there, and not even within shouting distance of Henry or Mason

His 2 rushing scores put him in a tie for 27th

He's certainly a nice, welcome, surprise. But he's not special

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you here, @TREFF and agree with @averagejoe.

Injury concerns on all you've listed, except maybe Harris.

Not only is Chuba carrying this pathetic team, he's also showing decent signs that he can be a pass catcher.

As to the incoming RB class? Well, that's a subject for debate every year.

We shall see what we see. :)
Definitely give you that point, but that's always been his strong suit, so not surprising. He's currently #3 RB in receptions

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely give you that point, but that's always been his strong suit, so not surprising. He's currently #3 RB in receptions

If you are Jerrah or Antonio Pierce, would you consider him next year?

Lol, now that I think of it, I must digress; did you hear Jerrah's radio meltdown this morning?

:pound: :pound::pound:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are Jerrah or Antonio Pierce, would you consider him next year?

Lol, now that I think of it, I must digress; did you hear Jerrah's radio meltdown this morning?

:pound: :pound::pound:
no, thankfully (I think) Colorado radio could give two shats about the Cowboys unless they're on the schedule the upcoming week.

And IF Jerra were to go for a RB- which at this point- who the F knows what he's thinking about..but IF- I would certainly expect a big bruiser who could actually take some load off of Prescott, not some scat back back that needs the QB to tkae the load off of him.