• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the Chubb feedback fellas.

Not sure if you guys do mock drafts but I’ve been doing some just so I have some experience of being on the clock at 4 and at 9 my draft positions this year in my two leagues.

Starting to see St Brown start to go 5 and 6 and Jefferson going 9 and 10.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Chubb opens the season on the PUP list. What do you guys think is the time to start kicking the tires on taking a flyer on him as a draft pick?
PUP is first 4 weeks gone, that was always expected to be the case. Historically, with the rare exceptions of a guy like Adrian Peterson, it's a minimum one year recovery for ACL's, and even then, typically, they aren't what they used to be for a good 18-24 months - Check out Javonte Williams last year. He came back in less than a year, and was, by almost any measure, a shell of himself. Reports now are that he looks more or less back to his pre torn ACL form- which is about 20 months from his injury.

I would not be touching him in a draft. Unless you have multiple IR spots, AND a deep bench. And even then, I wouldn't touch him until all the starting RB's, and the major/minor RBBC members are gone. SO most likely someone else will take that risk earlier.

I would assume that what Shane said is probably accurate, he will play, but how much? And in addition to it, how effective?
If Cleveland is out of it by his return, and they may very well be, will they bother? Maybe they just keep him on IR and he plays week 1 2025? If they do play him, by the time he's fully integrated into the offense this year, will it be in time to matter for your team?
Just not worth the investment IMHO

Not sure if you guys do mock drafts but I’ve been doing some just so I have some experience of being on the clock at 4 and at 9 my draft positions this year in my two leagues.

I personally loathe mock drafts. typically they're full of jag offs who aren't in it for anything other than something to pass the time and they just screw off taking players they'd never take if it were 'real'.
But more importantly, all the mocks, all the experts mocks, none of them are relevant to your leagues settings, scoring, and makeup of your owners. Knowing the tendencies of the other owners in your league is huge on draft day. And no mock accounts for that.

I'll pay closer attention to ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator and Fantasy Pros than any mock draft.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW: with Darnold starting the last 6 games in Carolina in 2022, DJ Moore had 386 yards and 4 TDs. That pro-rates out to 1100 yards and 11 TDs over 17 games. (Moore had 1364 and 8 in 17 games last year with Fields and Bagent.)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju back to the Cheifs? If he was ever going to be relevant again, that's the place.
78 for 900+ in 22.

Relevant in a loose definition

Got dropped in my huge bench superflex dyno, I'll gladly take the free stab that he has some useful flex weeks with Mahomes (my QB1)

Also I don't think they sign him if Hollywood was 100% healthy but he isn't and here we are

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got dropped in my huge bench superflex dyno, I'll gladly take the free stab that he has some useful flex weeks with Mahomes (my QB1)

Also I don't think they sign him if Hollywood was 100% healthy but he isn't and here we are
Hollywood dinged, Rice with his issues, Worthy unproven, Toney being Toney...yea

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure got lucky I didn't drop JuJu in my superflex league, mostly because the deep benches means the WW has nothing worth while.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure got lucky I didn't drop JuJu in my superflex league, mostly because the deep benches means the WW has nothing worth while.

Def one of those guys that you don't want to start, but would happily put him in a flex spot if he earns snaps/targets with Mahomes. He had some decent games during last stint with KC

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Chubb opens the season on the PUP list. What do you guys think is the time to start kicking the tires on taking a flyer on him as a draft pick?
His ACL tear was not a typical tear. It required 2 surgeries to fix. Read a medical report that his kind of tear requires 2 years recovery.

Now they say he is running "individual drills" on his own on the sidelines.

Even if he survives PUP and plays he wont be in "football shape." Getting up to speed by week 8 or 9 is dreaming imo. He would be a wasted pick to me.

:2cents:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CeeDee Lamb...

Im Rich Chappelles Show GIF

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is also on my "no-fly" list for this season, let someone else take the risk

Screenshot_20240826_132428_X.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ACL tear was not a typical tear. It required 2 surgeries to fix. Read a medical report that his kind of tear requires 2 years recovery.

Now they say he is running "individual drills" on his own on the sidelines.

Even if he survives PUP and plays he wont be in "football shape." Getting up to speed by week 8 or 9 is dreaming imo. He would be a wasted pick to me.

:2cents:
To be clear, I think he did say "flyer" in his post. I guess it depends on his definition of flyer. If we are talking late round pick and you have an IR spot Chubb could be up to speed by the end of the year. For a normal guy, he already came back from an injury that should have ended his career and he was better than ever. I am not saying in time he will be the same guy but for a late round pick where it is basically a deep flex pick...maybe not a bad option.

In one of my main leagues, someone got him in the 9th but we don't have IR spots so that was pretty risky. I think that is around his projection but if we are talking like 11th or 12th...I might pull the trigger.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I think he did say "flyer" in his post. I guess it depends on his definition of flyer. If we are talking late round pick and you have an IR spot Chubb could be up to speed by the end of the year.

You know how the fantasy season goes Shane.... guys underperform, guys get hamstring issues... you wonder if you should start or bench someone based on a matchup.... you wonder if the next Puka is sitting on waivers after a good week.... you wonder if other guys you took dart throws on will pan out...

There are enough decisions that can hose up an otherwise steady fantasy season. And to deliberately take on a player who will either mess with a bench spot or even an IR spot for a good third of the season or more.... plus a guy who may not be fully recovered from a serious tear.... its a headache i dont want to get into.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos exploring trade options for Tim Patrick and Sam Perrine - as expected- I'm not sure what you can realistically expect to get for a 30 year old injury riddled WR, or a 29 year old role playing RB..
but, it does probably assure that Denver carries 3 QB's, Franklin is assured a spot, and most likely that Williams, McLaughlin, Estime, and maybe even Blake Watson will make the team

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook a Cowboy?