• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Complaint Department

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just going to have to be an agree to disagree thing, because I just see it as a selfish guy padding his stats. So many of those plays are called runs and then he just throws the quick pass to Adams anyway instead of just running the play that was called.
those RPOs are thrown beause typically the DB is giving Adams an 8-10 yard cushion and its an easy conversion and if Adams makes a man miss, which he does very frequently, its a chunk play.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When McCarty was coaching there was speculation that Rodgers change the calls during the game. I haven't heard anything like that under
LeFleur. Be interesting to hear @Trudem take on the matter. Heck I'm not sure why I defend Rodgers as I prefer having RBs score TDs...other then it seems to work.
My input doesnt really matter because Rodgers is such a polarizing player people will always find things to grind an axe. Brady had a 1 yard passing TD yesterday too but no one accuses him of stat padding.

As I said in my previous post, the RPOs are thrown beause of the cushion and because it works. As far as 1 yard passing TDs...those also work. Typically a defense will have 7-8 down lineman on the GL against 5 OL and maybe a TE that math doesnt work out in the offense's favor too often so give me the single coverage to the WR with a deadly accurate QB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop man.

The game has changed a lot.

And defenses are very good at stopping goal line runs these days.

Entirely legitimate to pass the ball in from the 1 today. Lots of teams play that way.
You find me one other qb who throws 15 5 yard ir shorter TD's.. that's not at all accurate

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You find me one other qb who throws 15 5 yard ir shorter TD's.. that's not at all accurate
rodgers has 91 in his career of 3 yds or less brady has 111 course brady also has 175 more overall also

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodgers has 91 in his career of 3 yds or less brady has 111 course brady also has 175 more overall also
Haha, well true...and how often did Brady have a guy as good or better than Jones/Dillon? ...the C Dillon years, and the Blount years...I bet if we checked those box scores we'd find more Manning-esque numbers than we would Rogers-esque numbers.

I'm outta commission with the Rona today..so I'm gonna scour the stats..take every team with a decent or better RB..cross them with also having a better than decent QB..and check each and every game, let's find out if any other team in the league has twice, or almost twice, the amount of passing TD's inside the five as opposed to rushing ones. We'll see if there is a league wide trend Rodgers is simply a part of, or if he's just being a dick.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had a bunch and I believe Brees did too, especially in Michael Thomas's big year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had a bunch and I believe Brees did too, especially in Michael Thomas's big year
I already did a couple Manning years which told a different story, but I'll do a few more. The Brees/Thomas big year too..this'll be fun

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did a couple Manning years which told a different story, but I'll do a few more. The Brees/Thomas big year too..this'll be fun
I know Rodgers has alot but until this year, the Packers were pretty well known for not having a physical run game which likely dictates alot of this. Right now hoever Dillon is a damn tank and I love it! That guy is a monster!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, well true...and how often did Brady have a guy as good or better than Jones/Dillon? ...the C Dillon years, and the Blount years...I bet if we checked those box scores we'd find more Manning-esque numbers than we would Rogers-esque numbers.

I'm outta commission with the Rona today..so I'm gonna scour the stats..take every team with a decent or better RB..cross them with also having a better than decent QB..and check each and every game, let's find out if any other team in the league has twice, or almost twice, the amount of passing TD's inside the five as opposed to rushing ones. We'll see if there is a league wide trend Rodgers is simply a part of, or if he's just being a dick.
problem is other factors also effect which play u run
What down is it?
How much time is left?
Do u have timeouts to stop the clock if needed?
Did the QB call an audible?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do feel your pain on this , my man, as a Jones/Dillon owner in dynasty (traded to me by you - and you warned me as to why). But, given the history, it's not like either of us didn't know what exactly what we were getting into. I get frustrated as well, but the facts were all there from years ago and you just have to live with it or move on from them (as long as Rodgers is there). Granted, it takes 2 guys who are easily RB 1's and transforms them to more into the RB 2 range but that's not so bad, heck with all the committees now capping guys upside, it's just a something ya have to accept and deal with.
I certainly would be interested to see what the stats say since I truly believe Rodgers simply likes to pad his stats - but we both know, it isn't gonna change anything - it just simply is what it is.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel your pain on this , my man, as a Jones/Dillon owner in dynasty (traded to me by you - and you warned me as to why). But, given the history, it's not like either of us didn't know what exactly what we were getting into. I get frustrated as well, but the facts were all there from years ago and you just have to live with it or move on from them (as long as Rodgers is there). Granted, it takes 2 guys who are easily RB 1's and transforms them to more into the RB 2 range but that's not so bad, heck with all the committees now capping guys upside, it's just a something ya have to accept and deal with.
I certainly would be interested to see what the stats say since I truly believe Rodgers simply likes to pad his stats - but we both know, it isn't gonna change anything - it just simply is what it is.
ha, no it won't..regardless of the numbers, it's either that just the way it is, or Rodgers is a douche, depending on who your are and what you think about it

however, I have nothing but time, so I did it anyways :)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, no it won't..regardless of the numbers, it's either that just the way it is, or Rodgers is a douche, depending on who your are and what you think about it

I have little love for him off the field but I also dont concern myself with the personal lives of my favorite players off the field because in today's world that almost will always disappoint you.The dude is a whackadoo

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..I did find 2 tiny instances where Rogers isn't alone, Kirk Cousins was a bigger offender this year, and Manning's '04 season. But overall, Rodgers does it much more often than virtually anyone else.

as promised-

Drew Brees in Micheal Thomas's 2 big years- TD's from 5 yds and in-
2018- Brees 12 Kamara/Ingram 13
2019- Brees 7 Kamara 2 Both Brees and Kamara missed multiple games here, so I'm not sure what to say about this season

Couple more from Manning, I used his two biggest TD years, '04, and '13

'04 Manning 14 Edge/Rhodes 7

'13 Manning 17 Denver RB's- 12 now, Moreno/Bell/Hillman as good as Jones/Dillon? no, not even close-and yet they still were allowed to score 12

as for this year, today's game? Rodgers actually regressed a bit this year believe it or not. Jone's DIllon combined for 8 TD's within the five, and Rodgers "only" threw 11 TD inside the five..which is better than his '20 numbers of 15 to 7, so sure, maybe its not as bad as it seems.

Not many instances out there with a RB/QB pairing nearing what Rodgers and Jones/Dillon are but, IMHO..there are 3 instances, and you might be able to stretch it to 4 if you count Brady/Fournette and Fournette is not Jones.

Dak Prescott 12 Zeke/Pollard 9
Herbert 11 Ekeler 11
Cousins 10 Cook/Matison 4
if you want to count Brady/Fournette..ok fine..in games Fournette played..Brady 12 Fournette 6

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..I did find 2 tiny instances where Rogers isn't alone, Kirk Cousins was a bigger offender this year, and Manning's '04 season. But overall, Rodgers does it much more often than virtually anyone else.

as promised-

Drew Brees in Micheal Thomas's 2 big years- TD's from 5 yds and in-
2018- Brees 12 Kamara/Ingram 13
2019- Brees 7 Kamara 2 Both Brees and Kamara missed multiple games here, so I'm not sure what to say about this season

Couple more from Manning, I used his two biggest TD years, '04, and '13

'04 Manning 14 Edge/Rhodes 7

'13 Manning 17 Denver RB's- 12 now, Moreno/Bell/Hillman as good as Jones/Dillon? no, not even close-and yet they still were allowed to score 12

as for this year, today's game? Rodgers actually regressed a bit this year believe it or not. Jone's DIllon combined for 8 TD's within the five, and Rodgers "only" threw 11 TD inside the five..which is better than his '20 numbers of 15 to 7, so sure, maybe its not as bad as it seems.

Not many instances out there with a RB/QB pairing nearing what Rodgers and Jones/Dillon are but, IMHO..there are 3 instances, and you might be able to stretch it to 4 if you count Brady/Fournette and Fournette is not Jones.

Dak Prescott 12 Zeke/Pollard 9
Herbert 11 Ekeler 11
Cousins 10 Cook/Matison 4
if you want to count Brady/Fournette..ok fine..in games Fournette played..Brady 12 Fournette 6
I think that is just the way the game is now. Smash mouth football isnt as prevelant. Hell Indy couldnt convert needing just one yard on four attempts against the Jags yesterday and they have one of the best back in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Brady also sneaks it in from the 1 as often as anyone.

But I guess that is selfish too, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he is a douche.

But not fair to criticize him for “padding his stats” when for all you know those could have all been called by the coach.

And if Aaron Rodgers were my QB, guess what I would be doing more often than any other QB?

Throwing it in from the 1.

Because he is damn good at it.

Only reason to criticize would be if he threw it 4 times from the 1 and failed to score. Don’t think that happens often, if ever.