• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Fansville" is right... This season will be nuts! (2022 CFB season follow-along thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January 2nd bowl picks (Part 2)

And now it's time to finish up these bowl predictions with the last 2 big ones: The Cotton and the Rose (All times are Eastern, and both games on ESPN).

Cotton Bowl Classic: Tulane vs. USC [1:00] (Here we have a USC program that is a year ahead of schedule when it comes to their rebuilding. And they'll be taking on a Tulane team that is playing with house money [they've already won a conference title after going 2-10 in 2021] and who has had a whole month to figure out how to stop Caleb Williams. In this game, the X-factor will be the Trojans defense; they must contend with Tulane's own star players like QB Michael Pratt and RB Tyjae Spears. What has USC learned from their embarrassing loss to Utah 4 weeks ago?)
My prediction: USC 45-34

Rose Bowl presented by Prudential: Utah vs. Penn State [5:00]
(Penn State CANNOT think about what happened to Michigan and Ohio State on New Year's Eve. I mean, they're in the Rose Bowl! It's the "Granddaddy of Them All"! And Utah has QB Cameron Rising on offense and a REALLY tough defense, hungry for the Rose Bowl trophy that eluded them last year.
Hmm... on offense, Penn State can counter with their own QB, Sean Clifford. And what about the Nittany Lion defense? Can it hold tough?)
My prediction: Utah 30-28

...and I'm done! Now all that's left to do is to sit back and see if we get any more "instant classics".

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl recap (January 2nd- Reliaquest and Citrus)

Yes, I'm doing this 6 days behind schedule. But with the CFP title game going on tonight, this is a great chance to take care of any unfinished business.

For the Reliaquest Bowl, we got a strong 4th-quarter performance from Mississippi State as they pulled away late from Illinois. The Citrus Bowl? That's barely worth mentioning.

Rating for the Reliaquest Bowl: 2.75 stars
Rating for the Citrus Bowl: 2 stars

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl recap (Cotton and Rose)

The result of the Rose Bowl came as a shock to me. I mean, Utah was completely stymied in the 2nd half, and so Penn State grabbed a proud win in Pasadena.

And of course, NOBODY will forget THIS version of the Cotton Bowl, as Tulane completes maybe the best "bounce-back season" in FBS history.

Rating for the Rose Bowl: 3 stars
Rating for the Cotton Bowl: 4.5 stars

And finally, I'm going with Georgia to hold off TCU in tonight's title game 35-31. If it doesn't happen, I will definitely let you know.