• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fan Voting for the Pro Bowl

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going to come out against the player/coach vote for two reasons (maybe more, we'll see as I type).

1. Frankly, I believe the fans are more "knowledgeable." I put it in quotes because obviously the fans don't know more about football than the players, but in this particular case I think they know more.

To expand, let's think about the AFC QB position for the Pro Bowl. Who are the candidates? Schaub, Brady, Roethlisberger, Dalton(?), Fitzpatrick. Three of them will make it.

So, how many times have you, as Niner fans, seen Brady play this year? How about Fitz and the rest of the list?

Now, how much do you think Frank Gore has seen of those guys? He has no reason to watch AFC teams that aren't in the north, and we were done with Dalton months ago. Plus, with Gore playing offense, why would he be watching offensive film of other teams?

And that's at QB. Do you think Vernon Davis is qualified to vote for the guards for the AFC Pro Bowl team? I bet he hasn't watched much AFC OL play at all, if any.

On the flip side how much time do you think Revis has spent watching Justin Smith and Ray McDonald?

2. The game doesn't matter at all. It's simply for fans, and a specific type of fan. I have no interest in it at all.

I'd like to see the fans have the entire vote, and remove Pro Bowl clauses from contracts.