• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fales

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they said Bridgewater does not have a strong enough arm either, but look at the throws they are currently asking Jay to make, has there been many over 25 yards?

Just saying you never know until he plays against #1's on the other side, so just calling him a failure before he even gets the opportunity is also ludicrous. Thats bear football I guess, big name over learning what you might have.

Bridgewater is far from a proven guy to use as an example. lol

And please tell me where I said "lack of arm strength" = Can't play in the NFL. I never did, because it's clearly not true, and there are examples of guys who have had success without a very strong arm.

All I did, was give my thoughts on what I've seen out of the guy. There is absolutely no denying that arm strength IS an important factor in being a good NFL QB, right? Just so we're clear on that? It creates another hurdle you have to jump over if you don't have a strong arm. It's not very common guys with weak arms figure out how to be very good NFL QB's. So, it's absolutely a strike against him.

I don't know what Jay's numbers are, as far as how deep he's thrown the ball 20+ times. However, that's not the only reason why arm strength is important. A QB has to be able to drive the ball to both sidelines with precision and speed. A QB without a strong arm won't just struggle throwing deep, but also just with a simple 10 yard out pattern. That's why arm strength is important.

God, you really like to get under my skin. WHERE DID I CALL HIM A FAILURE? I swear, sometimes you just say shit. Jesus Christ...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before and I'll say it again. @noonthirtyjoe, you are the eternal optimist. Too bad your optimism doesn't represent reality. At the very best, Fales is Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0. However, with a name like Fales, I think he is destined for failure (in the NFL, he's pretty damn successful to make it this far though.)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(A QB without a strong arm won't just struggle throwing deep, but also just with a simple 10 yard out pattern. That's why arm strength is important.) Have you not seen Pman the last 3 years? A strong arm is nice but not required. A strong understanding is more important.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I've said this before and I'll say it again. @noonthirtyjoe, you are the eternal optimist.) Well in all fairness the negative boat was full so I had to catch a ride where I could.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before and I'll say it again. @noonthirtyjoe, you are the eternal optimist. Too bad your optimism doesn't represent reality. At the very best, Fales is Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0. However, with a name like Fales, I think he is destined for failure (in the NFL, he's pretty damn successful to make it this far though.)
Could be. Come see me when you see the light buddie. Maybe saying he is the answer to a hundred year question is silly on my part. OK not maybe, but I see something there. Were gonna find out. My hope is he does not play this week. FK having to prove yourself against SEA. That is not fair. On the plus side Clauson will fail miserably and that will get our new superstar franchise HOF bound QB a shot. PS I can't believe you called me a optimist.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm strength is rarely measured in distance... Watch Rodgers, Favre, Elway... strong armed QB's that throw SHORT passes into tight windows, and the hash marks are closer together in the NFL- meaning the out breaking routes are longer throws. THAT's reason you want the rife arm as a QB. You only get what... 3-4 throws over 25 yards in a game anyway.

Honestly, thats more of what I think Jays problem is, when I wrote his over confidence that he can throw it thru people. The strong arm QB holds on longer (like that bennett play) where the weaker arm guy (which is still strong) throws before the break. The DB is moving after the cut, not before the cut, not to mention that the ball is moving 10 mph quicker.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is far from a proven guy to use as an example. lol

And please tell me where I said "lack of arm strength" = Can't play in the NFL. I never did, because it's clearly not true, and there are examples of guys who have had success without a very strong arm.

All I did, was give my thoughts on what I've seen out of the guy. There is absolutely no denying that arm strength IS an important factor in being a good NFL QB, right? Just so we're clear on that? It creates another hurdle you have to jump over if you don't have a strong arm. It's not very common guys with weak arms figure out how to be very good NFL QB's. So, it's absolutely a strike against him.

I don't know what Jay's numbers are, as far as how deep he's thrown the ball 20+ times. However, that's not the only reason why arm strength is important. A QB has to be able to drive the ball to both sidelines with precision and speed. A QB without a strong arm won't just struggle throwing deep, but also just with a simple 10 yard out pattern. That's why arm strength is important.

God, you really like to get under my skin. WHERE DID I CALL HIM A FAILURE? I swear, sometimes you just say shit. Jesus Christ...

You got all this from my response and took it as a personal attack? I guess thats most everyones problem with me here, nobody reads a thought as nothing but a thought, its always defensive. All I said is let the kid play against #1's in a pro game before you either call him the next big thing or a failure.

The only reason I brought up Bridgewater was because teams passed over him because he did not have that strong arm.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Come see me when you see the light buddie. Maybe saying he is the answer to a hundred year question is silly on my part. OK not maybe, but I see something there. Were gonna find out. My hope is he does not play this week. FK having to prove yourself against SEA. That is not fair. On the plus side Clauson will fail miserably and that will get our new superstar franchise HOF bound QB a shot. PS I can't believe you called me a optimist.

Haha! You are right, we will just have to wait and see. I think Clausen will do better than last week since the Bears are most likely game planning with him in mind. However, I don't think we will see Fales at all until maybe the last few games if we're terrible, which we are right now. And yes, I have long believed you to be an optimist towards the Bears. This should be no surprise because I know I have said it before.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! You are right, we will just have to wait and see. I think Clausen will do better than last week since the Bears are most likely game planning with him in mind. However, I don't think we will see Fales at all until maybe the last few games if we're terrible, which we are right now. And yes, I have long believed you to be an optimist towards the Bears. This should be no surprise because I know I have said it before.

I dont think planning has much to do with it, there is probably an issue with quarterback reps during the few hours they practice each week. Thats what happens when you have a franchise quarterback and leave the backup to run the other teams offense on the scout team.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think planning has much to do with it, there is probably an issue with quarterback reps during the few hours they practice each week. Thats what happens when you have a franchise quarterback and leave the backup to run the other teams offense on the scout team.
EVERY TEAM... has starter take 98-100% of the reps in practice. The Backup get's to run the scout team. It's just the way the NFL works.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future Fact:
*I know that if SOMEHOW...SOMEWAY... the Bears win vs Seattle and/or Oakland... There will be calls for Jimmy Clausen or Fales if he plays to be full time starter, and even have a radio caller or two suggest that they are:
A. "Better Leaders"
B. "The team plays better with them"
Just throwing that out there. Cheers

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY TEAM... has starter take 98-100% of the reps in practice. The Backup get's to run the scout team. It's just the way the NFL works.

Pretty sure everyone knows this Einstein, all I wrote is it does not help when the backup does not get any reps. Everyone so high on Fox here, but he does things like everyone else does?

But we are gonna be on the it must be ok because every team does it line of thinking so I am wrong to suggest more backup getting reps?

I hear there are a line of Cutler Lemmings heading for a cliff, better get there.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that one deserved the facepalm for sure.
Let me get this straight... You are advocating for NFL teams to give the backup more reps in practice- BECAUSE it's out of the norm? whaaaat?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolzien will probably be available next year and probably Hundley the year after if the Tolzien thing doesn't work out. Probably only cost a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Tolzien...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that one deserved the facepalm for sure.
Let me get this straight... You are advocating for NFL teams to give the backup more reps in practice- BECAUSE it's out of the norm? whaaaat?

umm, no, for the simple fact that the guy might actually have some preparation if they need to get in the game on sunday. I am stating just because its normal does not make it right when we constantly see backups fall on their faces on sunday. Did I really need to explain that to you einstein? I mean, I know you love watching our bear backups play like shit, it makes your Jay excuses so much easier. I just thought you were an actual bear fan, not just a jay fan.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm, no, for the simple fact that the guy might actually have some preparation if they need to get in the game on sunday. I am stating just because its normal does not make it right when we constantly see backups fall on their faces on sunday. Did I really need to explain that to you einstein? I mean, I know you love watching our bear backups play like shit, it makes your Jay excuses so much easier. I just thought you were an actual bear fan, not just a jay fan.

But if other team's backups don't fall flat on their faces, following the same protocol, doesn't speak mopre to their skill-level, than their reps in practice? Maybe our backups just fucking suck bawls?