• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons in Atlanta or Raven in N.O. Who's tougher?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm..beers that I enjoy (no particular order)

Newcastle
Fat Tire
Kingfisher
Yuengling (America's oldest brewery)
Antarctica (Brazil)
Chimay Gran Reserve
Sapporo
Leinenkugel's
Stella Artois
Paulaner
Hoegaarden
Bad Penny
Peroni

I'm sure I've forgot plenty....a few of these are tough to get everywhere or at all in US.

Not a fan of New Belgium anymore. They used to be really good, but lately a lot of their beers taste like Fat Tire (Shift, Red Hoptober specifically).

I used to love Newcastle, but I can't drink it anymore. I have developed a high sensitivity to Diacetyl (a compound in beer that taste like butterscotch, or rancid butter, or buttered popcorn depending on the concentration), and Newcastle has enough of a content that it's now offputting for me.

Stella is good. I also like Peroni, though neither would make my top 10 for lagers. That's not a knock on those two. I'm in that mode right now.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm..beers that I enjoy (no particular order)

Newcastle
Fat Tire
Kingfisher
Yuengling (America's oldest brewery)
Antarctica (Brazil)
Chimay Gran Reserve
Sapporo
Leinenkugel's
Stella Artois
Paulaner
Hoegaarden
Bad Penny
Peroni

I'm sure I've forgot plenty....a few of these are tough to get everywhere or at all in US.

We could drink together! :suds:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love Newcastle, but I can't drink it anymore. I have developed a high sensitivity to Diacetyl (a compound in beer that taste like butterscotch, or rancid butter, or buttered popcorn depending on the concentration), and Newcastle has enough of a content that it's now offputting for me.

I thought that was just me. Not Newcastle, specifically, but I'll find a beer and LOVE it...then I get to where I can't stand it....kinda' like college GF's, lol.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
German. The Czech variety falls under Bohemian. The German breed is more my style.

I was under the impression that pilsner originated in the Czech city of Pilsen?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Heife along with Pilsner. There's this beer called Saporo that's pretty dope, too.
With that said, I don't think we should overlook the Ravens. Quite a few experts had the Niners winning handily over the Falcons and look how that turned out. They are a physical team and they can move the chains on us if Rice gets going. IMO, the key to success in this game is to shutdown Ray Rice, which would cripple their offense tremendously.

Yep. I used to drink that stuff when I was in Hokaido.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personally like Heife along with Pilsner. There's this beer called Saporo that's pretty dope, too.

With that said, I don't think we should overlook the Ravens. Quite a few experts had the Niners winning handily over the Falcons and look how that turned out. They are a physical team and they can move the chains on us if Rice gets going. IMO, the key to success in this game is to shutdown Ray Rice, which would cripple their offense tremendously.

message board 'experts', or talking head experts? haaa

the 49ers were 4 point favorites in Atlanta, and ended up winning by 4. so it turned out what the general perception was.

the Ravens have impressed to date, so the general perception is them "only" +3-1/2. i'm certainly not overlooking them in the sense chit happens on any given Sunday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the 49ers were 4 point favorites in Atlanta, and ended up winning by 4. so it turned out what the general perception was.

the Ravens have impressed to date, so the general perception is them "only" +3-1/2. i'm certainly not overlooking them in the sense chit happens on any given Sunday.

Hmm, I got in with Atlanta and 5.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing to remember Deep is those were 4 "away" points - when you add the HFA points the spread was closer to 7-8. (Home field is usually measured at ~3 points)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing to remember Deep is those were 4 "away" points - when you add the HFA points the spread was closer to 7-8. (Home field is usually measured at ~3 points)

so even when we add the 3 points, does 7-8 confirm "most experts had us winning handily"?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so even when we add the 3 points, does 7-8 confirm "most experts had us winning handily"?

I think that is a matter of interpretation - I've seen bigger playoff spreads that's for sure. But, I guess I would say that being a 4-5 point favorite on the road for a Conference Championship Game would not considered a close game - not a blowout - but not close either. Again, that is just my interpretation; yours can be different and just as accurate. :)