• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons in Atlanta or Raven in N.O. Who's tougher?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah! Gotta have the lime!

So, I see you will be drinking some "WTF-is-that-beer-called-again"? - Beer! LOL!! I have never even HEARD of the stuff you're drinking! - Dem be some crazy-ass beer names my brother! -

I just hope there is cause for the after the game shot of CR!

Ha ha! Franziskaner, Baby! A bunch of monks in Germany living in an abbey on a hill with nothing else to do but drink have been making this stuff since the 1800s. Its awesome! Couple of two fisted drinking Germans turned me on to this stuff when I was over there in 2009.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Franziskaner, Baby! A bunch of monks in Germany living in an abbey on a hill with nothing else to do but drink have been making this stuff since the 1800s. Its awesome! Couple of two fisted drinking Germans turned me on to this stuff when I was over there in 2009.

Franziskaner is good. Also, try Wiehenstephaner Dark Hefe. It's a dunkel, so it's more carmelly, but the banana/bubblegum is still distinct.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good ones out there. I just don't like the style. The balance is all wrong for me.

You mentioned Pilsner. Czech or German? They are a little bitter for me but everone in Europe is drinking the stuff.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha!! Works for me my man!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franziskaner is good. Also, try Wiehenstephaner Dark Hefe. It's a dunkel, so it's more carmelly, but the banana/bubblegum is still distinct.

I could swear I get a little cinnamon type after taste from the Franzikaner hefe weizen. In Deutschland the wheat is still floating around, at least I think its wheat, in the bottom of the glass when you pour it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it helped those monks to see Jesus!

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, with a name like FrankenHineyZiskySteiner I would hope so!! Haha!!!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raven have BY FAR the better coach.

Don't know why (even though you guys don't run the prototypical NFL offense) you guys are buying in to what ESPN says the NFL should look like. The Raven are here for a reason and you should respect that.

The Ravens are a better team than the Falcons. Baleigh dat.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, with a name like FrankenHineyZiskySteiner I would hope so!! Haha!!!

Ha ha ha! Ya, it sounds like something they came up with in a drunken stupor.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you'd know this one over in the US... I'll be drinking Little Creatures Pale Ale. Brewed in Fremantle, Australia.
The game starts at 10am Monday morning here, though, so maybe I'll wait til the 2nd half to crack one open.

My favorites right now are all German Pilsners. Bitburger, Warsteiner, Krombacher are among my favorites at the moment. I shy away from IPA's, though Sierra Nevada's 2012 Celebration was fantastic.

Real quick:

American Standard Lager: PBR
American Pale: Sierra Nevada (still), Chama River (local brewpub) makes some wonderful single hop pale ales.
American IPA: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is great, SN 2012 Celebration, Marble (another local brewery) is stellar, Stone Ruination. Some of these are considered doubles, but the line between IPA and Double IPA is so blurred anymore that there really isn't a difference.
Hefeweizen: None. I don't like the style, and think it's mostly garbage.
German Pilsner: As previously stated, Bitburger, Warsteiner, Krombacher. Spaten is excellent as well.
Bohemina Pilsner: Pilsner Urquell is good, for the style.
Stout: Dry, I don't really care for, but Lion Stout is a great example. Sweet, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout (technically an Oatmeal Stout, but also classifies as a Sweet Stout). American, Deschute's Obsidian. Foreign Extra, I still really like Guiness Foreign Extra, but my previous employer, La Cumbre does make a world class Foreign Extra (Malpais; Silver at the 2011 GABF and 2012 World Beer Cup). Imperial, Old Rasputin and Sam Smith's Imperial.
American Wheat: Mostly a craft brewery style. The commercial examples are largely awful.

I don't drink Belgians anymore because the hangovers are horrible, but in the category of Witbier, Avery's White Rascal is good.

New Glarus makes amazing beers.

I could do this all night. I'm going to have to cut myself off unless somebody asks a specific question.

Great list man!

You reminded me of spaten, I love spaten Oktoberfest.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could swear I get a little cinnamon type after taste from the Franzikaner hefe weizen. In Deutschland the wheat is still floating around, at least I think its wheat, in the bottom of the glass when you pour it.

Couple things. Hefeweizen is a wheat beer (by standard wheat has to be 50% of the beer). So it's hazy, even if filtered. Also, most of those styles are bottle conditioned. Not going to get into that at the moment (though I might tomorrow morning). Basically, the beer is carbonated in the bottle. The process makes "stuff" fall out of suspension and that's what settles at the bottom of the bottle.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raven have BY FAR the better coach.

Don't know why (even though you guys don't run the prototypical NFL offense) you guys are buying in to what ESPN says the NFL should look like. The Raven are here for a reason and you should respect that.

The Ravens are a better team than the Falcons. Baleigh dat.

So much epic fail in one post.

LOL at you.

When the Ravens lose by 20-30, make sure you don't come back.

And you're a Bears fan, to boot. Sour grapes much?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More important question: what beer will everybody be drinking as we collect the sixth ring?

Personally, I'm going to stay with PBR. I could go exotic, but this isn't about drinking. This is about watching.

What does everybody else have?

Cuuuurs Light, and Woodford Reserve on rocks for end of game.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fuzzywigs (fruity/cloudy/sweet), the rest are all good.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guinness and Jim Beam Devils cut... mostly Whiskey though. Beer is moderately good filler.. but Whiskey is the water of life.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guinness and Jim Beam Devils cut... mostly Whiskey though. Beer is moderately good filler.. but Whiskey is the water of life.

I thought water was the water of life. Beer, liquor and wine help make it worth livin'!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Heife along with Pilsner. There's this beer called Saporo that's pretty dope, too.

With that said, I don't think we should overlook the Ravens. Quite a few experts had the Niners winning handily over the Falcons and look how that turned out. They are a physical team and they can move the chains on us if Rice gets going. IMO, the key to success in this game is to shutdown Ray Rice, which would cripple their offense tremendously.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm..beers that I enjoy (no particular order)

Newcastle
Fat Tire
Kingfisher
Yuengling (America's oldest brewery)
Antarctica (Brazil)
Chimay Gran Reserve
Sapporo
Leinenkugel's
Stella Artois
Paulaner
Hoegaarden
Bad Penny
Peroni

I'm sure I've forgot plenty....a few of these are tough to get everywhere or at all in US.