• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons in Atlanta or Raven in N.O. Who's tougher?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More important question: what beer will everybody be drinking as we collect the sixth ring?

Personally, I'm going to stay with PBR. I could go exotic, but this isn't about drinking. This is about watching.

What does everybody else have?

since we intend to drink quite a bit this SB, gotta go easy. will be drinking Heinkin Light.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and the buddies are grabbing a keg for this occasion. Most likely will just be bud light. I even took off work Monday cuz win or lose I will not be able to function at work

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I have a particular aversion to Bud Light. As a professional brewer, I have to speak to its awfulness. As somebody who has judged beer competitions, I can honestly say it's one of the worst three commercial beers I've ever drank.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I have a particular aversion to Bud Light. As a professional brewer, I have to speak to its awfulness. As somebody who has judged beer competitions, I can honestly say it's one of the worst three commercial beers I've ever drank.

Lol bud light is not my first choice believe me lol

Land shark is my beer of choice or sol as you mentioned. I'm a huge beer guy as well and am always looking to try new ones.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol bud light is not my first choice believe me lol

Land shark is my beer of choice or sol as you mentioned. I'm a huge beer guy as well and am always looking to try new ones.

What are your favorite styles?

I've gone through the Ale renaissance, but now, German Pilsners are my favorite. I don't mind stouts and IPA's if paired with food correctly, but when I'm session drinking, it's definitely the German Pilsner.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your favorite styles?

I've gone through the Ale renaissance, but now, German Pilsners are my favorite. I don't mind stouts and IPA's if paired with food correctly, but when I'm session drinking, it's definitely the German Pilsner.

Lager and ales for sure. Haven't tried to many pilsners yet.

What's your favorite beers?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More important question: what beer will everybody be drinking as we collect the sixth ring?
I'm not sure if you'd know this one over in the US... I'll be drinking Little Creatures Pale Ale. Brewed in Fremantle, Australia.
The game starts at 10am Monday morning here, though, so maybe I'll wait til the 2nd half to crack one open.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, I am.

Warty isn't as old as us, he's a wannabe "old and dusty". haaa

Ya, I guess he can be in the group; fetch drinks for the old guys and stuff like that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by THREE touchdowns? wow

as of today i'm leaning by 10 points or there abouts?

That's where I'm at; 10-13 points. If things go right though, and the Ravens are not on top of their game, this could get ugly

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you'd know this one over in the US... I'll be drinking Little Creatures Pale Ale. Brewed in Fremantle, Australia.
The game starts at 10am Monday morning here, though, so maybe I'll wait til the 2nd half to crack one open.

I recently worked with a guy who worked at Little Creatures. Very much know about those guys.

Cheers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I'm going to stay with PBR. I could go exotic, but this isn't about drinking. This is about watching.

What does everybody else have?

4 or 5 Hefes. Paulaner or Franziskaner

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ring Ceremony is next season, so I don't know what drinks I will become introduced to by then. Will try a pilsner if I find a place to go. :) (Yes, I know you meant while we are winning the game. Probably whatever my parents have - they're throwing an SB party so I'll go over there.)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corona with the lime during and Crown Royal for celebrating after

Ah yes. Drank a bunch of those last weekend. Can't go wrong there; gotta have the lime though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, can't stand bud light. I remember now that you were brewing beer. That's cool.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might as well wait on us, right?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lager and ales for sure. Haven't tried to many pilsners yet.

What's your favorite beers?

My favorites right now are all German Pilsners. Bitburger, Warsteiner, Krombacher are among my favorites at the moment. I shy away from IPA's, though Sierra Nevada's 2012 Celebration was fantastic.

Real quick:

American Standard Lager: PBR
American Pale: Sierra Nevada (still), Chama River (local brewpub) makes some wonderful single hop pale ales.
American IPA: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is great, SN 2012 Celebration, Marble (another local brewery) is stellar, Stone Ruination. Some of these are considered doubles, but the line between IPA and Double IPA is so blurred anymore that there really isn't a difference.
Hefeweizen: None. I don't like the style, and think it's mostly garbage.
German Pilsner: As previously stated, Bitburger, Warsteiner, Krombacher. Spaten is excellent as well.
Bohemina Pilsner: Pilsner Urquell is good, for the style.
Stout: Dry, I don't really care for, but Lion Stout is a great example. Sweet, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout (technically an Oatmeal Stout, but also classifies as a Sweet Stout). American, Deschute's Obsidian. Foreign Extra, I still really like Guiness Foreign Extra, but my previous employer, La Cumbre does make a world class Foreign Extra (Malpais; Silver at the 2011 GABF and 2012 World Beer Cup). Imperial, Old Rasputin and Sam Smith's Imperial.
American Wheat: Mostly a craft brewery style. The commercial examples are largely awful.

I don't drink Belgians anymore because the hangovers are horrible, but in the category of Witbier, Avery's White Rascal is good.

New Glarus makes amazing beers.

I could do this all night. I'm going to have to cut myself off unless somebody asks a specific question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes. Drank a bunch of those last weekend. Can't go wrong there; gotta have the lime though.

Oh yeah! Gotta have the lime!

So, I see you will be drinking some "WTF-is-that-beer-called-again"? - Beer! LOL!! I have never even HEARD of the stuff you're drinking! - Dem be some crazy-ass beer names my brother! -

I just hope there is cause for the after the game shot of CR!

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My superstitions dont allow for me to drink or eat before or during a 49er game on gameday :( So I will be starving by 10 pm..yea I really didnt eat before the Packers game. I hope to be drinking some Jack Daniels by 10 or so though :)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorites right now are all German Pilsners. Bitburger, Warsteiner, Krombacher are among my favorites at the moment. I shy away from IPA's, though Sierra Nevada's 2012 Celebration was fantastic.

Real quick:

American Standard Lager: PBR
American Pale: Sierra Nevada (still), Chama River (local brewpub) makes some wonderful single hop pale ales.
American IPA: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is great, SN 2012 Celebration, Marble (another local brewery) is stellar, Stone Ruination. Some of these are considered doubles, but the line between IPA and Double IPA is so blurred anymore that there really isn't a difference.
Hefeweizen: None. I don't like the style, and think it's mostly garbage.
German Pilsner: As previously stated, Bitburger, Warsteiner, Krombacher. Spaten is excellent as well.
Bohemina Pilsner: Pilsner Urquell is good, for the style.
Stout: Dry, I don't really care for, but Lion Stout is a great example. Sweet, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout (technically an Oatmeal Stout, but also classifies as a Sweet Stout). American, Deschute's Obsidian. Foreign Extra, I still really like Guiness Foreign Extra, but my previous employer, La Cumbre does make a world class Foreign Extra (Malpais; Silver at the 2011 GABF and 2012 World Beer Cup). Imperial, Old Rasputin and Sam Smith's Imperial.
American Wheat: Mostly a craft brewery style. The commercial examples are largely awful.

I don't drink Belgians anymore because the hangovers are horrible, but in the category of Witbier, Avery's White Rascal is good.

New Glarus makes amazing beers.

I could do this all night. I'm going to have to cut myself off unless somebody asks a specific question.

More for me then. My absolute favorite of all beers!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paulaner makes one of the best Octoberfests on the planet.

The Hefe is good, but I just hate that style.

This thread made me bust a Paulaner out of the fridge.