• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons in Atlanta or Raven in N.O. Who's tougher?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Cool! For some unknown reason I'm having a difficult time "feeling good" about this match-up; and, since you are the only one other than myself that has been through them all I figured I would check-in for soother - much obliged!

At least it is not like what I felt when we were facing Shula's '84 Dolphins in XIX

Easy now, cowboy. Deep and I are in that category as well.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy now, cowboy. Deep and I are in that category as well.

Wow, I did not know that - Very Cool!! If I'm not mistaken I think you haven't any fear of the Ravens either; correct?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are old and dusty too, huh?

Well I wouldn't go that far. But I am in the camp of having seen all of them (too young to vividly recall the first one, but it was on in the room).

One of my friends was running his mouth the entire run-up to the 9ers destruction of the Broncos, and bet me $50 they'd win. I'm not sure if I ever collected all of that money, but I definitely gave him enough hell to make up for it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens have an old defense (still, the best we'll have seen since the Seattle game), and Ray Rice. Flacco and the pass don't scare me at all. Honestly, I don't see how this team can keep up with our offense.

If we shut down Ray Rice, which I expect, we should win this game by a minimum of three TD's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, I did not know that - Very Cool!! If I'm not mistaken I think you haven't any fear of the Ravens either; correct?

on paper we have the better team, and IMO it isn't "just barely". so no, don't fear the Ravens in this game.

do however respect their ability to win on a level of "on any given Sunday". if we play poorly that day, then we deserve to lose, otherwise we'll be fine.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Ravens have an old defense (still, the best we'll have seen since the Seattle game), and Ray Rice. Flacco and the pass don't scare me at all. Honestly, I don't see how this team can keep up with our offense.

If we shut down Ray Rice, which I expect, we should win this game by a minimum of three TD's.

by THREE touchdowns? wow

as of today i'm leaning by 10 points or there abouts?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well then I'm jumping on yours and Toby's bandwagon as the one I'm currently riding in is rather lonely and unfriendly :(

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Y'know, if the Falcons were playing the Ravens in the Superbowl, I think the Falcons would be slight favourites. Like a point or 2.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on paper we have the better team, and IMO it isn't "just barely". so no, don't fear the Ravens in this game.

do however respect their ability to win on a level of "on any given Sunday". if we play poorly that day, then we deserve to lose, otherwise we'll be fine.

Then make room for me - I'm climbing aboard! I don't like this lack of confidence!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More important question: what beer will everybody be drinking as we collect the sixth ring?

Personally, I'm going to stay with PBR. I could go exotic, but this isn't about drinking. This is about watching.

What does everybody else have?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by THREE touchdowns? wow

as of today i'm leaning by 10 points or there abouts?

If Ray Rice is contained, Flacco is going to have his head handed to him by our pass rush. Last week's passing game made me nervous. Flacco to Smith is JV compared to what we saw last week.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More important question: what beer will everybody be drinking as we collect the sixth ring?

Personally, I'm going to stay with PBR. I could go exotic, but this isn't about drinking. This is about watching.

Corona with the lime during and Crown Royal for celebrating after

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me and the buddies are grabbing a keg for this occasion. Most likely will just be bud light. I even took off work Monday cuz win or lose I will not be able to function at work

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corona with the lime during and Crown Royal for celebrating after

I don't mind Corona, though it can develop mercaptan from the clear bottles. Mercaptan is a flavor compound (skunky) that develops within beer when it is exposed to light.

Pacifico and Sol both have brown bottles, and I'd go with either before Corona for a better beer experience, but if you like Corona, then you probably don't have a sensitivity to mercaptan. I personally don't mind sulfuric compounds, and find them pleasant in a lot of lagers.

Funny point. Corona is classified as an American Standard Lager (according to the BJCP; the rules that set up beer judging at virtually every level). As are Red Stripe, Heineken, Dos Equis, and PBR (which won gold at this last Great American Beer Festival for American Standard Lager).

I could talk beer all night, and since the Lobos are killing Colorado State right now, I might have to.:suds:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well then I'm jumping on yours and Toby's bandwagon as the one I'm currently riding in is rather lonely and unfriendly :(

haaaa, hell yeah!

as you know, its been YEARS so why not enjoy it from the positive side? it is difficult to reach the superbowl, so hell yeah!