• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons in Atlanta or Raven in N.O. Who's tougher?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So who's the tougher oppenent? Atlanta on the road or the Ravens on a neutral field?

I've gotta go with Julio Jones and the Atlanta falcons. Might be different if Joe Webb were playing...

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was much more worried about Atlanta's offense than I will be about Baltimore's. I'm more worried about the Raven's defense than I was about the Falcon's, but I think we can still move the ball. Anything can happen, but I definitely like our chances.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens have a better running game and defense than the Falcons.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was much more worried about Atlanta's offense than I will be about Baltimore's. I'm more worried about the Raven's defense than I was about the Falcon's, but I think we can still move the ball. Anything can happen, but I definitely like our chances.

Agree here but im not taking BAL lightly.

One thing im curious about and will be paying close attention too is the crowd noise. No doubt it will be loud but who will have the biggest presence there? I have never really put thought into it while watching past super bowls with seeing when the crowd cheered the loudest and what team was on offense?

Will be interesting to see.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
first it is Baltimore's run game, and next it is their special teams. we don't have to commit too much in stopping Rice cold, but can't let them run effectively.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are more physical than the Falcons. Having beaten Broncos and Patriots on the road makes them dangerous. Niners are the better team. It should be a great game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the tougher oppenent? Atlanta on the road or the Ravens on a neutral field?

I've gotta go with Julio Jones and the Atlanta falcons. Might be different if Joe Webb were playing...

IMO, Atlanta is the more dangerous team by a wide margin.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The crowd noise by far caused the Falcons game to be a tougher matchup for us. There will be some crowd noise in the superdome, but I think it would be on our favor. I know it's not technically a home game so crowd noise should be a factor, but it won't be a major issue in comparison to what we had to go through at the Georgia Dome this past weekend.

We need to line up Bowman on Pitta all day. Have Goldson play extra attention to deep passes to Smith. Have Willis matchup on Rice. During their power formations (Vontae Leach, Dickson, and Pitta are in), I'd want to see Willis clean out Leach so that NaVorro can clean up on Rice. Whatever game plan we had against them last year, we need that same game plan against their running game. We need Justin and Aldon to have their best game of their season - go all out!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Atlanta is the more dangerous team by a wide margin.

Hey my Brother - Okay, so I agree with this sentiment on paper - but which team is playing more dangerously - "right now"? For me, this is where I give the edge to Baltimore.

Also, give me your take on the John vs. Jim match-up as well. I give that nearly 100% to John.

Good to see you on the board!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Ravens and Falcons are a bit of a wash in terms of being dangerous.

The Ravens aren't as dangerous offensively as the Falcons but the Ravens are far better defensively then the Falcons.

Neutral field will help and maybe a slight edge to us since we've had a Superdome game this year and we just got done playing in a dome the last game. Also I believe we're overall a faster team so the dome will give us a slight edge in that.

Ravens are playing inspired but it's not like we don't have guys that don't want it either. Ravens are just getting more attention in that department because they've been underdogs and it's Ray's last ride but I know Gore, Justin Smith, Moss, and etc want that ring just as much. Offhand I think Goodwin is the only guy on our team that has a SB ring so there are plenty of the 9ers that are going to be motivated for it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey my Brother - Okay, so I agree with this sentiment on paper - but which team is playing more dangerously - "right now"? For me, this is where I give the edge to Baltimore.

Also, give me your take on the John vs. Jim match-up as well. I give that nearly 100% to John.

I don't know brother, something about the Ravens just does not scare me. Their defense seems a little old and slow. The Niners can shut down their running game too. As far as the Harbaughs, I like John's demeanor better but I'm loving the game plans that Jim's staff is putting together. They are going to have some wrinkles in their offense for the Ravens and I think their new relentless attack is going to cause the Ravens to break.

Lastly, I think the 49ers are on a mission. I think they feel like they let one get away last year and aren't going to let that happen this time. The Kaepernick story is just too good to end one game short of the goal.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You have to factor in staffs in that equation and I would take Jim's staff over John's staff especially when you give Jim's staff 2 weeks to prepare.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know brother, something about the Ravens just does not scare me. Their defense seems a little old and slow. The Niners can shut down their running game too. As far as the Harbaughs, I like John's demeanor better but I'm loving the game plans that Jim's staff is putting together. They are going to have some wrinkles in their offense for the Ravens and I think their new relentless attack is going to cause the Ravens to break.

Lastly, I think the 49ers are on a mission. I think they feel like they let one get away last year and aren't going to let that happen this time. The Kaepernick story is just too good to end one game short of the goal.

Very Cool! For some unknown reason I'm having a difficult time "feeling good" about this match-up; and, since you are the only one other than myself that has been through them all I figured I would check-in for soother - much obliged!

At least it is not like what I felt when we were facing Shula's '84 Dolphins in XIX

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to factor in staffs in that equation and I would take Jim's staff over John's staff especially when you give Jim's staff 2 weeks to prepare.

I got ya Jikkle, I really do - but John and his staff has two-weeks to prepare as well.

This is where I'm at with the coaches - and I'm assuming here that you have some experience with actually playing and being coached in the game.

I can't shake this sense that John will do a better job of anticipating how Jim will try to exploit the Ravens' weaknesses and will thus bait us into mistakes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got ya Jikkle, I really do - but John and his staff has two-weeks to prepare as well.

This is where I'm at with the coaches - and I'm assuming here that you have some experience with actually playing and being coached in the game.

I can't shake this sense that John will do a better job of anticipating how Jim will try to exploit the Ravens' weaknesses and will thus bait us into mistakes.

scheming does help but it can only take you so far? then it comes down to talent and how much your talent can execute? scheming to stop the 49ers and being able to, are different matters.

the 49ers have more talent so unless we turn it over or play poorly on ST's, we'll be fine.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Cool! For some unknown reason I'm having a difficult time "feeling good" about this match-up; and, since you are the only one other than myself that has been through them all I figured I would check-in for soother - much obliged!

At least it is not like what I felt when we were facing Shula's '84 Dolphins in XIX

I was worried about that one too, but boy, did they dominate! I remember Fred Dean had the word "Warrior" written on his cleats in that game.

I really think we have something special going on here and its gonna stay with us for a while. We got a young head coach, young QB, young O Line, young LBs, young DBs, young RBs (except Gore), young TEs, an up and coming young wideout. And we are not only young in those areas, we are talented! We are only old on the D line. This team is going to be very, very tough next year.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me is lately when the Niners play another physical team... they tend to have bad games.. But hopefully they got this.