• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

failed drug tests at combine

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who uses our healthcare system without being sick or in acute pain, isn't paying attention.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your choice. More power to you. Personally, if my choice was 100k a year and a piss test, compared to 30k and no piss test. I'd just quit smoking weed. Over a 20 year period, you'd make 1.4 million more on the job with a piss test. After the 20 years, you can retire and smoke all the weed and whatever else you'd like.

At 30k a year -- you are going to be working til you die, as you won't be able to put any money away to retire.

Worked with oldhead on rail road and was about to retire. Asked what his plans were? He said he never lied to me and wasn't about to start. Told me he has been buying some weed last few weeks and in 4 days my buddy has a huge bag for me. I will sit on my back porch and smoke till it is gone... He said he stopped the day they started testing in late 80's. His family came first he said. Everytime I called him he was stoned or getting stoned til the day he had heart attack.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I don't smoke weed any more.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marijuana is a wonder drug. It makes doctor's better at their job. I had no idea. Maybe they should make it a requirement.:laugh3:

It is a wonder drug.

But there isn't even an imaginary side effect of marijuana that impairs the ability to operate in any way.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I have written tens to hundreds of thousands of hours of code high. In school it was consistently the best, most well designed, cleanest, and shortest (less code to do the same thing is much more maintainable by others, provided it is readable) of anyone in the program.

Code is stupid and I hate it. Except for Powershell.... I tried to think of an equivalency for what powershell is like compared to actual coding and they all made me sad in my insides.

Long story short, Sys Admins are way cooler than programmers, even if the paychecks don't show it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the guy just randomly is stoned one time for one surgery? Undoubtedly this is a regular occurrence, from when he started medical school until now, and he has demonstrated himself to be perfectly capable.

The reality is that nothing about marijuana has any impact on a doctor's ability to operate. It's not like alcohol where you lose motor skills or can get shakes. If anything, he's less stressed and more careful and I'm better off.

You got one cell left and just keeps going and going.

3249080.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked with oldhead on rail road and was about to retire. Asked what his plans were? He said he never lied to me and wasn't about to start. Told me he has been buying some weed last few weeks and in 4 days my buddy has a huge bag for me. I will sit on my back porch and smoke till it is gone... He said he stopped the day they started testing in late 80's. His family came first he said. Everytime I called him he was stoned or getting stoned til the day he had heart attack.

I have the utmost respect for that man. Family should always come first and should absolutely come first over something as petty as smoking weed.

I've smoked (cigarettes) for a little over 11 years. I've quit once for 2 months during that time and starting on Monday next week, I'm done with cigarettes for good. Not because I have to, but because I want to -- I have a little boy who needs me around and the money I waste on cigarettes every day can be put to better use to give him a better life.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Code is stupid and I hate it. Except for Powershell.... I tried to think of an equivalency for what powershell is like compared to actual coding and they all made me sad in my insides.

Long story short, Sys Admins are way cooler than programmers, even if the paychecks don't show it.

Code built the world we live in today. With enough skill there are very few limits to the problems you can solve with a computer and a small handful of coding languages.

Except of course actual physical ones, but within my lifetime you'll be able to combine code with a robot and be almost completely limitless.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Code built the world we live in today. With enough skill there are very few limits to the problems you can solve with a computer and a small handful of coding languages.

Except of course actual physical ones, but within my lifetime you'll be able to combine code with a robot and be almost completely limitless.

Absolutely, I understand how it all works, I would just rather be the sys admin and run the systems that you code.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I took some advice from CBS posters back in the day after apparently I was proven wrong that weed is ok. Sweet relief.....Been driving my school bus high everyday since.......Sure makes work fun.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perception isn't reality. Reality is that it adds literally zero risk to me or my loved one.

I'm not entirely sure you're familiar with the concept of reality, particularly as it pertains to the effects of illicit substances on the human body.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ on another thread he stated he needed to get some stronger shit.. I thought to myself, wait a minute, you said you quit. IDK... doesn't matter tho... I do not see any problem from a recreational standpoint other than the law issue BS. just be low profile from the public view, as in actual visually seeing it be done, IMO.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump that, I want to pull up to a redlight with a blunt in my hand 60 kids in tow and wave to the public and cops as I roll this bus.....I want my freedom!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never understood the folks who needed to be high every waking moment. Of course if you want to rip a few bingers when all your stuff has been handled for the day then I'm all for it. In my early twenties I ran a kitchen in a family style restaurant and one of my cooks was high every shift ... he maintained and was actually my best guy.... unfortunately when he was sober not nearly as productive. Go figure. Funny thing is in my experience those most vocal against weed also happen to drink like fish.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never understood the folks who needed to be high every waking moment. Of course if you want to rip a few bingers when all your stuff has been handled for the day then I'm all for it. In my early twenties I ran a kitchen in a family style restaurant and one of my cooks was high every shift ... he maintained and was actually my best guy.... unfortunately when he was sober not nearly as productive. Go figure. Funny thing is in my experience those most vocal against weed also happen to drink like fish.

Wake n bake folks are a special breed I think. Even at my stoniest that wasn't even appealing aside from vacations. And then Id have to take a nap at some point. Go Lions!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ AMEN.... but strange shit happens with that snail track