• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FAAB system on CBS

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ok, ok... As the Commish of a going on 12 year 12 person money league... this off-season I am willing to strongly look into the FAAB system. The league uses CBS so any feedback on settings from you please remember I may or may not have that option. Anyways... I will explain what we currently have been using for our Waiver Wire. This should help on feedback for setting up the FAAB system. Reason for the FAAB direction is: Our league has advanced with solid owners that can handle this time of system, league is tired of weekly rewarding low ranked teams (many times teams with 2-4 records going ahead of 3-3 records. example), free for all gets a bit lucky on having a phone by you when news breaks, etc...

Currently How I run WW:
I go in CBS tools on Tue. morning and click on the option to run waivers late Tue. based on worst to best record. Once that waiver runs late Tue. night... I will go into settings on Wed. at 9:00 a.m. I turn the setting back to free for all for the rest of the week. So as you can see my job was easy and everyone had free range 95 percent of the time... Thus why going to FAAB for us is a BIG change!

My FAAB thought:
1. Set faab to run on Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat. (Mon. has game so open, Thur. has game so open, Sun. has game so open for free for all.) Any thoughts on this...?
2. Do we allow ZERO dollar transactions (or $1.00 min.)... I am thinking zero dollar for first time around. Any thoughts on this...?
3. What budget to use example $500 for our 12 week regular season plus 4 week playoff. Any thoughts on this...?
4. Does faab always make a dropped player sit on waivers for 24 hours or what not?
5. Fill me in on anything I am not thinking of GOOD or BAD....

Thank you for the off-season thoughts, ideas, and feedback to teach this old Commish new settings.

-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My FAAB thought:
1. Set faab to run on Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat. (Mon. has game so open, Thur. has game so open, Sun. has game so open for free for all.) Any thoughts on this...?
2. Do we allow ZERO dollar transactions (or $1.00 min.)... I am thinking zero dollar for first time around. Any thoughts on this...?
3. What budget to use example $500 for our 12 week regular season plus 4 week playoff. Any thoughts on this...?
4. Does faab always make a dropped player sit on waivers for 24 hours or what not?

Also going FAAB in one of my leagues this upcoming season, answering your questions in how I am planning to set up, not saying it is the right or only way to do it.

1) run it TUE each week, then the rest of the week, all players that received no bids are in the FA pool, anybody dropped goes to FAAB waiver to be bid on for 1 day, then they also go into FA pool
2) any FA claimed costs $0.00, you only use your money when making an actual bid that has to be processed through the waivers
3) you can use any budget you want. I'm probably going 200 to give everyone a chance to make 1 or 2 mistakes and still have some funds left
4) I think so, and not regular waivers, I think the rest of the league should get a chance to bid on the player that was dropped, but not the owner that dropped that player
5) Bid accepts max amount, or $1 over the 2nd highest bidder? I think the gentlemanly way to do it would be to award the winner bidder $1 over the 2nd highest, but that does take away some of the strategic aspects of FAAB so, tough call. Haven't figured that one out yet myself.

Reactions: DUB

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi @SmokingMonkey thanks for the reply. Good to bounce this off folks. I see what you mean on #5 you posted...Interesting. If you think of other stuff about FAAB hit this thread back. I"ll do the same.

-DUB-

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey for the playoffs are you going to keep it FAAB style with bidding still? Or have it waivers for Tue. night only possibly best seed to worst or worst seed to best to select? Or some other option?

Are playoffs run week 13, 14, 15, 16. Having budget money left over for a championship run is big!!!

-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey for the playoffs are you going to keep it FAAB style with bidding still? Or have it waivers for Tue. night only possibly best seed to worst or worst seed to best to select? Or some other option?

Are playoffs run week 13, 14, 15, 16. Having budget money left over for a championship run is big!!!

-DUB-

Haven't thought about running it differently for playoffs.

I think it's part of the strategy of FAAB, gotta take into account if you're still playing or not, just like whether or not to use your waiver spot towards the end of the season in rolling format that doesn't reset worst-to-first each week.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey are you going to all FAAB funds to be allowed in trades. Example I trade player A to you and $10 dollars for player B?

-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey are you going to all FAAB funds to be allowed in trades. Example I trade player A to you and $10 dollars for player B?

-DUB-

that's one that I haven't thought of......

and very interesting to consider.......

I'll have to get back to you on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ok, ok... As the Commish of a going on 12 year 12 person money league... this off-season I am willing to strongly look into the FAAB system. The league uses CBS so any feedback on settings from you please remember I may or may not have that option. Anyways... I will explain what we currently have been using for our Waiver Wire. This should help on feedback for setting up the FAAB system. Reason for the FAAB direction is: Our league has advanced with solid owners that can handle this time of system, league is tired of weekly rewarding low ranked teams (many times teams with 2-4 records going ahead of 3-3 records. example), free for all gets a bit lucky on having a phone by you when news breaks, etc...

Currently How I run WW:
I go in CBS tools on Tue. morning and click on the option to run waivers late Tue. based on worst to best record. Once that waiver runs late Tue. night... I will go into settings on Wed. at 9:00 a.m. I turn the setting back to free for all for the rest of the week. So as you can see my job was easy and everyone had free range 95 percent of the time... Thus why going to FAAB for us is a BIG change!

My FAAB thought:

Thank you for the off-season thoughts, ideas, and feedback to teach this old Commish new settings.

-DUB-

I definitely suggest allowing zero bids. All the coveted players will cost, but it sucks having to spend money on a bye week kicker and positions like that.

Also, not sure if this is what you meant or not, but when a player clears waivers they should be a free agent, just like before. Dropped players would go on waivers, but I have played in leagues where ALL players go back in the wire and that really sucks. If everyone is on waivers, you have no ability to make last minute moves to replace a game time decision.

As for starting budget, it really does not matter. Owners will adjust their bids depending on how much they have. Most leagues use a $100 budget, but $500 is fine too. Also, if you do not allow zero bids you should start with a larger budget.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to use zero bids. I agree.

Yes, I agree the budget bares no difference after doing research.

I like this setup you mentioned: Also, not sure if this is what you meant or not, but when a player clears waivers they should be a free agent, just like before. Dropped players would go on waivers.

I am looking at have a FREE FOR ALL on game days, Thur, Sun, Mon. (Of course already played players can't be used.) But this way on those days it frees up the action for add/drops. Waiting for waivers every day is boring!!

Thanks for the input @tlance any other feedback or thought please share... I'm trying to learn this waiver wire system.

-DUB-

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to use zero bids. I agree.

Yes, I agree the budget bares no difference after doing research.

I like this setup you mentioned: Also, not sure if this is what you meant or not, but when a player clears waivers they should be a free agent, just like before. Dropped players would go on waivers.

I am looking at have a FREE FOR ALL on game days, Thur, Sun, Mon. (Of course already played players can't be used.) But this way on those days it frees up the action for add/drops. Waiting for waivers every day is boring!!

Thanks for the input @tlance any other feedback or thought please share... I'm trying to learn this waiver wire system.

-DUB-

Correct!

I played in a league last year where all players went back on waivers as soon as they cleared and zero bids were not allowed. I love FAAB, but I hated those settings.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other thoughts on this from anyone who uses it or is looking to use this system in the league....

Thinking of running waivers for FAAB bid on only Tue. and Wed of each week and rest of week it'll be open to pickup agents as you wish....

-DUB-

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been running a league for about as long using the Blind Bid FA system. Our rules are as follows...

Midnight Monday night (or Tuesday morning if you want to get technical), the BBs may start. They go until midnight Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning). Anyone bid on during that time will be claimed. If only one team bid on the player, he will go to that team for $1. If 2 or more teams bid on the same player, the player goes to whomever bid the most for him at that price. Everyone who loses the bid is charged $1. If there is a tie for the highest bid, the player goes to whoever put the first bid on him (between the highest priced bids).

We do the same thing starting at 12:15am Wednesday to midnight. Then, Thursday goes to FCFS.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@femurov thank you for the reply and info.

Do you use CBS to host the league or another site?

I use CBS so wondering if I can setup this style. I like the input you made.

-DUB-

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, Dub. I swear I replied to this. I use myfantasyleague.com. I know they are in the process of changing some things in the waiver system this off season, but hopefully they are just adding some things. The system is a bit tedious, but once you get the hang of it, it's not difficult.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS update for anyone that runs a league on that system.

They are working hard for the 2017 season to allow the Commish to switch from FAAB to Free For All without screwing up owner's budgets and what not.

That's great news as I am trying to only run FAAB on Tue. and Wed. Rest of week would be Free For All.

Also
@SmokingMonkey our league is going to allow trading of FAAB dollars. You doing that or no?

QUESTION:

For those that use FAAB do you use another system for the playoffs or a new budget or something? Seems tough to have much funds left for playoff time....

-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also
@SmokingMonkey our league is going to allow trading of FAAB dollars. You doing that or no?

QUESTION:

For those that use FAAB do you use another system for the playoffs or a new budget or something? Seems tough to have much funds left for playoff time....

trading FAAB bucks not allowed in my work league, but I think I'm going to allow it in the league I run that's half ppr and half 1st down rush/rec

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW DOES THE PLAYOFF FAAB BUCKS WORK?

Do your leagues start a new Playoff Budget?

Is it whatever budget is left is what you take with you in the playoffs?

Would it be ok to start a new budget for playoff teams example $50 bucks each? (Remaining Old budget would be erased.)

Thanks,

-DUB-

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been kicking ideas around... And I see carrying the regular season budget over as unfair advantage.
So separating regular season and playoffs is key to fair field.

Going to reward 1st seed (6 of 12 owners make our playoffs) and down the line...

10. Playoff waiver wire FAAB Resets From the Regular Season FAAB.
10B) Team's will be seeded 1 thru 6.
10C) The first seed will get $50, 2nd gets $48, 3rd gets $46, 4th gets $44, 5th gets $42, 6th gets $40.

-DUB-