• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Extreme Hockey

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the topics that my friends and I often discuss when watching games is the possibility of extreme hockey. Here is what we have come up with:

1) Will be played on ice with water below. Holes will appear randomly in the ice. Crocodies will be there so they can come out at any time and take a player out. There will also be squid in the water. Squid prodders will prod the squid to get them to release ink, thereby hiding the Crocodiles presence as well.

2) Players can put knives on their sticks.

3) Refs drive motorcycles on the ice with push brooms, so they can get excess weapons or missing limbs off the ice in a hurry.

4) In the corners there are boxing gloves attached to the glass. Fans can stick their hands in them and join scrums or hit guys when they get blasted into the corners.

5) Goalies have a choice of medieval weapons they can carry.

6) Guys would be paid ridiculously as it's unlikely many players would survive a full season.

7) Fan giveaways will include rocks with the team's logo on it. Fans can once again be a part of the experience by trying to take out a player with their rocks.

Any more ideas?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

extreme_hockey.jpg

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a goalie lets in a bad goal he has to do three shots of Jack.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the topics that my friends and I often discuss when watching games is the possibility of extreme hockey. Here is what we have come up with:

1) Will be played on ice with water below. Holes will appear randomly in the ice. Crocodies will be there so they can come out at any time and take a player out. There will also be squid in the water. Squid prodders will prod the squid to get them to release ink, thereby hiding the Crocodiles presence as well.

2) Players can put knives on their sticks.

3) Refs drive motorcycles on the ice with push brooms, so they can get excess weapons or missing limbs off the ice in a hurry.

4) In the corners there are boxing gloves attached to the glass. Fans can stick their hands in them and join scrums or hit guys when they get blasted into the corners.

5) Goalies have a choice of medieval weapons they can carry.

6) Guys would be paid ridiculously as it's unlikely many players would survive a full season.

7) Fan giveaways will include rocks with the team's logo on it. Fans can once again be a part of the experience by trying to take out a player with their rocks.

Any more ideas?

Sounds a lot like a Flyers game....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MSDS only gives melting points in terms of w/w %, and it's 11.6F (-11.2C) at 78%, -21.1 F (-29.5C) at 93%, and 30F (-1.1C) at 98%. I would estimate 18 M to be closest to 98%, as that's classified as "concentrated" sulfuric acid.

http://www.martinsulfuric.com/lib/docs/MSDS.pdf

Okay, I just did a quick calculation using the specific gravities, and 18 M sulfuric acid is actually 93%, so it would freeze at -21.1 F. So it would also be extra extreme because of how cold it would be.

Epic.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If a goalie lets in a bad goal he has to do three shots of Jack.

Good one!

And don't turn this into another nerd vs. nerd thread. Only badass posts allowed. See Boss's example.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always kind of liked the phrase "goalie from the stands". I think that could be worked into the game somehow.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice sig, Tocchet. Takes up tons of room, kinda trolly - well done.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always kind of liked the phrase "goalie from the stands". I think that could be worked into the game somehow.

If squads become too shorthanded from player deaths, they can sign fans for one game contracts in the middle of the game.