• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Extension Expected To Be Finalized

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld:
ESPN's Alden Gonzalez reports contract extensions for Rams coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead have yet to be finalized, but are "expected to get done" even after Week 1's debacle.
Nine games away from being the NFL's all-time losingest coach, Fisher suffered his most comprehensive exposure yet in Week 1, where his team was utterly annihilated by a similarly hapless 49ers squad. The game seems to have passed Fisher by, but owner Stan Kroenke has never been that concerned with wins and losses. Kroenke is focusing on monetizing the team as much as possible and tricking out his new stadium. Fisher could seemingly go 0-16 and retain his owner's trust. The rest of the league is just fine with the arrangement.
:gaah:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld:
ESPN's Alden Gonzalez reports contract extensions for Rams coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead have yet to be finalized, but are "expected to get done" even after Week 1's debacle.
Nine games away from being the NFL's all-time losingest coach, Fisher suffered his most comprehensive exposure yet in Week 1, where his team was utterly annihilated by a similarly hapless 49ers squad. The game seems to have passed Fisher by, but owner Stan Kroenke has never been that concerned with wins and losses. Kroenke is focusing on monetizing the team as much as posand tricking out his new stadium. Fisher could seemingly go 0-16 and retain his owner's trust. The rest of the league is just fine with the arrangement.
:gaah:[/QUO

Fisher, while a shitty coach, obviously must be good at something? I'm thinking he must be taking care of Stans "extension"

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will happen soon 3 years.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insanity.

Look... we're stuck with him for the year. Nothing we can do about that. Firing him mid (or tomorrow) season, as enticing as it may sound, probably isn't going to help anything. But to be talking extension, after 4 mediocre seasons and the new one looking to be more of the same (if not worse) is just insane.

Contract talks should be OFF the table until the season ends. and as far as I'm concerned... the ONLY thing that should be able to save him is at the very least, one playoff win. If we miss the playoffs... bye-bye Fisher. And I don't care if we miss the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Too bad... you should have gone 11-5. I don't care if the entire starting defense comes down with pneumonia at mid-season and can't finish the year. Too bad... you should have stocked up on chicken soup. I don't care if nuclear war ends the season in week 16. Too bad... you should have lobbied for nuclear disarmament.

No excuses.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Caynine, this extension makes no sense whatsoever unless you consider the limp biscuit running this dog and pony show. If the story by Keyshawn Johnson has any weight and Fisher was "forced" to do that horrid trade to get Goff, then we are in deep kimche for the foreseeable future. Looks like the second coming of the Queen Idiot is upon us save one difference. The new version has boatloads of money.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe stan is really older than we though o.O

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the latest from Rotoworld:

Profootballtalk confirms there's "widespread belief" the Rams and coach Jeff Fisher have an extension in place.
This falls in line with previous reports the Rams plan to move forward with extensions for Fisher and GM Les Snead. There's speculation a deal is already done, but was delayed after a Week 1 loss to the 49ers. The Rams are a running joke at Rotoworld. Extending Fisher is the latest misdirection for an organization that hasn't had a winning season since 2003.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55015360.jpg

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an extension for Fisher makes me want to cry :(

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sickens me that there were still extension talks after that week 1 beat down. Now Stan is going to be fooled by that win yesterday and think Jeff turned the team around.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sickens me that there were still extension talks after that week 1 beat down. Now Stan is going to be fooled by that win yesterday and think Jeff turned the team around.
He'll probably extend it to five years now.

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this little blip on USA Today. Maybe this explains why Fisher is still around.

With Fisher – whose well-respected agent, Marvin Demoff, is the father of Rams president Kevin Demoff, by the way – patience seems to be the ticket, too.

Isn't this a conflict of interest? :scratch:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did they sign him yet? :noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insanity.

Look... we're stuck with him for the year. Nothing we can do about that. Firing him mid (or tomorrow) season, as enticing as it may sound, probably isn't going to help anything. But to be talking extension, after 4 mediocre seasons and the new one looking to be more of the same (if not worse) is just insane.

Contract talks should be OFF the table until the season ends. and as far as I'm concerned... the ONLY thing that should be able to save him is at the very least, one playoff win. If we miss the playoffs... bye-bye Fisher. And I don't care if we miss the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Too bad... you should have gone 11-5. I don't care if the entire starting defense comes down with pneumonia at mid-season and can't finish the year. Too bad... you should have stocked up on chicken soup. I don't care if nuclear war ends the season in week 16. Too bad... you should have lobbied for nuclear disarmament.

No excuses.

True...as we know the definition for insanity if doing the same process over and over and expecting a different result.

I understand stability in a NFL franchise matters and constant change is the recipe for failure, but I don't get this....not with Fisher's results.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...as we know the definition for insanity if doing the same process over and over and expecting a different result.

I understand stability in a NFL franchise matters and constant change is the recipe for failure, but I don't get this....not with Fisher's results.

If the Rams were routinely playing well outside their division but losing their matchups against the Cardinals and Seahawks each year, Fisher could use the tough division excuse. However, they have won 4 of their last 5 against Seattle and seem to usually split with the Cardinals; their real problems seem to be getting up for non-division games. In other words, coaching and game-planning.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams were routinely playing well outside their division but losing their matchups against the Cardinals and Seahawks each year, Fisher could use the tough division excuse. However, they have won 4 of their last 5 against Seattle and seem to usually split with the Cardinals; their real problems seem to be getting up for non-division games. In other words, coaching and game-planning.

The one area I give Fisher some credit...even going back to his HOU/TN days...his DEF were always decent. He seems to be average to poor on OFC. IDK whether it's personnel, scheme or both.

Certainly there is a winning blueprint out there for strong DEF and so so OFC, but he had not quite figured it out yet, and he's had ample opportunity.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as though we the fans have been getting the "extension" for some time now!

Did I mention my butt hurts?