• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it? Joe Burrow would have been the prize if he had succeeded in tanking.

The Dolphins won their last 2 games and 3 of their last 5. Doesn't seem like a tanking team whatsoever. Tua fell to their draft slot in 2020.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming back to NE now?
Seems to have burned the HC bridge for a few years.
I mean if McDaniels can blow off Indy and a few years later get a job.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a whiny ass bitch trying to play the race card to me. He was a head coach. Might have a little better case if his name was beinemy
He is a successful head coach who worked for an owner who did not want him to win.
He is unemployed in a league where half the teams are desperate for a good head coach.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a successful head coach who worked for an owner who did not want him to win.
He is unemployed in a league where half the teams are desperate for a good head coach.
Maybe he’s not a good head coach and the team overachieved. :noidea:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins won their last 2 games and 3 of their last 5. Doesn't seem like a tanking team whatsoever. Tua fell to their draft slot in 2020.
It is also rumored that Miami offered 3 1st round draft picks and player for the #1 draft pick to grab Burrow. Cincinnati rejected it and said that there is nothing you can offer that would make us trade the #1 overall pick. I admit, Miami didn't look like they tanked, but after so many losses, I am not going to fully dismiss the idea that Ross wanted Flores to tank to get that number 1 pick.

That Bengals / Dolphins game at the end of that season was pretty vital to that #1 pick also. Cincinnati was down 15 with a minute and some change to go, got a TD, and then turned around, got an onside kick and then got a TD and two point conversion to tie the game and go into overtime. Miami eventually won it in overtime, but had that outcome been flipped, who knows where Burrow winds up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hired to lose games. Fucker went and won a bunch of games!
If Ross would have gotten his way, Miami would have gotten Burrow.

When a man is offered $100,000 per game to lose and the illegal money is refused, that is called integrity!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hired to lose games. Fucker went and won a bunch of games!
If Ross would have gotten his way, Miami would have gotten Burrow.

When a man is offered $100,000 per game to lose and the illegal money is refused, that is called integrity!
Exactly. Stating they won so Ross didn't want them to tank completely dismisses the variable that Flores refused and won in spite of the owner.
However, it probably did start a rift between the 2 that led to what has transpired recently.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Flores is a God Damned hero. He is this generation's Curt Flood, and like Flood he probably sunk his career for the greater good. I have no idea how he can prove these charges but I sure hope he does and gets paid bigly.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Stating they won so Ross didn't want them to tank completely dismisses the variable that Flores refused and won in spite of the owner.
However, it probably did start a rift between the 2 that led to what has transpired recently.
How would you like to be "honored" with saving a mediocre team and your 1st HC job only to find that you were hired as the fall guy?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something to watch. I find it interesting that supposedly other HCs might come forward regarding tanking amd hiring practices.
Apparently, Flores and his attorneys believe other HCs will join his lawsuit. I could see that happening, but it'll probably only be guys who have no realistic coaching options, ala Hugh Jackson.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Flores and his attorneys believe other HCs will join his lawsuit. I could see that happening, but it'll probably only be guys who have no realistic coaching options, ala Hugh Jackson.
Yeah, maybe. But Jim Caldwell might be another one. And I think he probably deserves another shot.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't give you a "bullshit" out of respect the only thing difficult about Flores is the color of his skin.
The fact that he has not been offered a job is an atrocity!

I salute you Brian Flores for your courage and dignity!

Is the reason Doug Pederson hasn't gotten another HC job because he's black?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL doesn't have a racism problem it has a nepotism problem.

Flores own coaching staff wasn't even any more diverse than any other coaching staffs around the league. His assistant head coach/special teams coach was a white dude, defensive coordinator white dude, one of the co offensive coordinators white dude, and the QB coach was a white dude.

Hiring isn't based on race but who you know and who you've made connections with. Not that it's not tied to race because it's barely been a generation where black assistant coaches thus they haven't had as much of a chance to break into the "club" like people that have been connected for decades.

Breaking down is nepotism is a slow process that just takes time to break more people into the "club" and given time it will happen.

The NFL could help the process by instead of something like the Rooney rule have things like coaching workshops where they can get minority coaches and other coaches from around the league to mingle, get to know each other, make friendships, talk football, and etc.

Because these guys when they get head coaching jobs basically hire guys they know, know of, and that they can trust. It's just too high stakes of a job to be gambling on guys you don't know all that much about so getting guys to know each other better could help get minorities more jobs as assistants which in turn gets the to start climbing that ladder.

I just think the process is going in the right direction because you have far more black QBs than you ever have had which means down the road they could be QB coaches that could lead to be coordinators and there are more guys in the pool to be head coaches.
this is very true.
The Devil you know & all that.
This is also the problem with so many retread HCs, when you are thinking how did that guy get another HC job.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Jackson is already saying he was paid to lose and has records to prove it......no idea if that holds water but if it does WOW, this would be one huge nightmare for the NFL.