• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Flores was going to get another HC job--He did pretty well in Miami despite a poorly run organization, a terrible OL, and a misfiring offense. If he waited until he felt that he wasn't going to get another HC job, then all his talk of principles and sacrifice are BS.
It's ironic that he was fired for actually being a good coach, he did better than expected, and better than the owner wanted him to perform. Plus, he wouldn't violate league rules to try and get Brady to come to South Beach.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe not a lawsuit but some kind of legal action which is what he is pursuing. The Rooney rule was a policy created by the league for affirmative action. I know you think that he would have gotten an NFL head coaching job. Personally I think he would have ended up as either a coordinator having to prove himself again to possibly get a job which to me I think it would be difficult. To this day I have no idea how Eric Bieniemy has not gotten a head coaching job. As a running backs coach he developed Jamal Charles, as an OC he revived Alex Smiths career and was apart of Mahomes success winning a super bowl. I honestly believe if he was white he would have been hired as a head coach.

Bieniemy isnt that big of a surprise.

He is an OC who doesnt call his own plays. It's not his offense. It's Andy Reid's offense. And besides that, it isn't scheme as to why KC is having a lot of success. One of the most talented offenses we have seen in a long time in the NFL.

Other coaches that had the same job that were given head coaching opportunities:
Pat Shurmur
Brad Childress

Andy Reid's coaching tree is not all that impressive. The only success stories were coaches who coached on the defensive (or special teams) side of the ball and not his offensive coaches. Doug Peterson is the biggest success from the offensive side of his coaching tree and he got canned last year and hasnt found a job yet this year so......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe not a lawsuit but some kind of legal action which is what he is pursuing. The Rooney rule was a policy created by the league for affirmative action. I know you think that he would have gotten an NFL head coaching job. Personally I think he would have ended up as either a coordinator having to prove himself again to possibly get a job which to me I think it would be difficult. To this day I have no idea how Eric Bieniemy has not gotten a head coaching job. As a running backs coach he developed Jamal Charles, as an OC he revived Alex Smiths career and was apart of Mahomes success winning a super bowl. I honestly believe if he was white he would have been hired as a head coach.
I think he was a shoe in for another HC job. As for Bieniemy several factors come into play
1) Reid is considered the real OC
2) Matt Nagy ( the previous OC) poor performance sort of strengthen that belief
3) Reid retain the play calling duties until recently

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. We can all come to our own conclusion which side of the line Flores decision falls on. I was looking at pay scales for HCs in the NFL. Fangio was paid $5 million annually by the Broncos, Matt Rule was paid $8.5 million by the Panthers, ex Falcons HC Quinn was paid $8 million for not coaching by the Falcons. By contrast Matt Nagy only got paid $100, 000, Flores $500,000. Getting released by the Dolphins was like a gift and he was about to reap one of those big bucks contract. Keep in mind we are talking annual pay, so say 8 million per year for 4 years would of been a super nice raise for Flores.
Does anyone think his lawsuit will change any thing as far as the NFL and how they conduct business? I don't. I also doubt his lawsuit will come close to the bonanza he was about to reap on his next contract, but who knows? Maybe it will, I just personally doubt that
You have to admire him for doing what he believes is right.

He's not Goodell, watching which way the wind blows.

He is Brian Flores a man know for his character and integrity.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it? Joe Burrow would have been the prize if he had succeeded in tanking.

Oh it’s not hilariously unbelievable

It’s just hilarious that it’s out there

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin is the only one so there's that.
Well only like 13% of all Americans are black, so there should be 4-5 black head coaches. By the numbers. But even in the past when there have been that many, people complain that 70% of players are black, so the coaching numbers should be higher.

I look around the league now, and although I can't find statistics it seems to me that among coordinators its more like 25-30+% who are black. And amongst position coaches it seems like 40-50% or more are black.

Head coaches don't appear out of nowhere.

So while I agree there is still a problem, it's a problem that is already on its way to being solved organically from the ground up. It's like the old idiom; Give a man a fish a d he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime. You could mandate teams hire minorities right now, but its just covering up the problem.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This “Woke” shit is just further dividing America. You’ve got people who are sick and tired of being called racist and it is creating hate. You’ve got other folks who hear their race can’t get a job or if they do they’re expected to make 10k less, and it’s creating hate. Fucking dumb liberals.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This “Woke” shit is just further dividing America. You’ve got people who are sick and tired of being called racist and it is creating hate. You’ve got other folks who hear their race can’t get a job or if they do they’re expected to make 10k less, and it’s creating hate. Fucking dumb liberals.
We are talking about Flores here. Not your hatred of woke liberals.

Flores is a man of integrity and character. He is not a liberal playing "the race card"

The haters are coming out of the woodwork, trying to turn this into "a black man once did me wrong"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it? Joe Burrow would have been the prize if he had succeeded in tanking.

I don't recall their being a "blow for Burrow" campaign like there was a "tank for Tua" one.

At the time, wasn't Tua considered the top prospect prior to him getting hurt?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Flores here. Not your hatred of woke liberals.

Flores is a man of integrity and character. He is not a liberal playing "the race card"

The haters are coming out of the woodwork, trying to turn this into "a black man once did me wrong"
Sounds like a whiny ass bitch trying to play the race card to me. He was a head coach. Might have a little better case if his name was beinemy

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admire him for doing what he believes is right.

He's not Goodell, watching which way the wind blows.

He is Brian Flores a man know for his character and integrity.

Bullshit.

If he was doing what he thought was right, he would have brought up all these allegation the moment he was fired from the Dolphins. Not months later AFTER he didnt get hired at a different head coaching position.

He is a jilted girlfriend looking for revenge and willing to say anything to get it. Not some social justice warrior.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

If he was doing what he thought was right, he would have brought up all these allegation the moment he was fired from the Dolphins. Not months later AFTER he didnt get hired at a different head coaching position.

He is a jilted girlfriend looking for revenge and willing to say anything to get it. Not some social justice warrior.
Bullshit.

He was taking the high road until he got black-balled by Miami with Ross making big press saying he was "difficult to deal with"

Difficult means he had integrity - unlike Fins owner Ross.

There is a point where a man decides he's had enough!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall their being a "blow for Burrow" campaign like there was a "tank for Tua" one.

At the time, wasn't Tua considered the top prospect prior to him getting hurt?

Burrow heading into the 2019 college football season wouldn't have even been on a draft board. He hadn't played yet up to that point because Urban Meyer was doing Urban Meyer things.

And the "blow for Burrow" campaign wont begin in earnest until Joe wins a SB. After that you will have the fight @mrschaney for a spot in line.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure a guy that hadn't yet risen above LB coach, but was still hired as head coach at age 38 is really the guy to complain about hiring practices. Sure, it sucks that he was getting interviewed in NY as what seems a Rooney rule necessity. I assumed he was the favorite to get the Texans job to try to keep Watson happy, but maybe they've moved on from trying to keep Deshaun.

The tanking stuff is interesting, but not really tied to hiring practices. He seems to be just lashing out in every direction here. I think we are seeing that he isn't an easy guy to work with, and we do know that he was pushing for Watson over Tua and was butting heads with the FO over that.

If you want guys that really can complain about hiring/firing practices, we should talk about Bienemy, Caldwell, etc. Caldwell had a winning record (36-28) in Detroit with 2 playoff appearances in his 4 years. They only had one other playoff appearance since 1999. Since he was fired in favor of Patricia (and now Campbell)? 17-46-2.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Jim Caldwell, I have to wonder if he was approached by Irsay the way Ross allegedly approached Flores.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

I'll go one further - That's not integrity...that's opportunity. Integrity would have been calling this out at the moment it happened, even if it meant his job at the time. Not waiting until he was fired to speak up.