• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Flores is full of shit. If he knew the interview with the Giants was a sham then why did he go and do it?
And now he brings up shot from two years ago against Miami and Denver? Why didn’t he bring that up when those things happened? Why wait til now?

HIs suit also mentions that black men put their bodies and brains at risk every day in the NFL.

And he's mad because he didn't get the job that leads black men to ruining their bodies and brains?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just keep your mouth shut Boy and you'll be better off?
Being free of a poor organization and a record of elevating the team with sound coaching was like a golden ticket. So yes just putting that experience behind him would of made him better off.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HIs suit also mentions that black men put their bodies and brains at risk every day in the NFL.

And he's mad because he didn't get the job that leads black men to ruining their bodies and brains?
Yeah, just because he claims this lawsuit is for all black people doesn't mean its true. He did this for himself. Otherwise he would have done this the first time he noticed such a trend, not wait until it happened to him

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just because he claims this lawsuit is for all black people doesn't mean its true. He did this for himself. Otherwise he would have done this the first time he noticed such a trend, not wait until it happened to him
Are you and OldSchool besties?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a lot more to the story that would make sense of things that the public obviously doesn't know. I highly doubt Flores is saying "oh nobody is hiring me because I am black I just came off a winning season with a sorry Dolphins roster I deserve a job."

If he has proof that a hire was made before the Rooney Rule was applied before he was even interviewed that is grounds for a lawsuit. What people do not know is that owners, GMs and other important people all talk to one another and I am sure Flores was not talked about well from the Dolphins management. He was not going to get another NFL head coaching job he might as well just sue and see what comes of it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a lot more to the story that would make sense of things that the public obviously doesn't know. I highly doubt Flores is saying "oh nobody is hiring me because I am black I just came off a winning season with a sorry Dolphins roster I deserve a job."

If he has proof that a hire was made before the Rooney Rule was applied before he was even interviewed that is grounds for a lawsuit. What people do not know is that owners, GMs and other important people all talk to one another and I am sure Flores was not talked about well from the Dolphins management. He was not going to get another NFL head coaching job he might as well just sue and see what comes of it.
Not sure of this is true but I read elsewhere that the Giants satisfied the Rooney Rule requirement already by interviewing Leslie Frazier prior to hiring the Bills OC.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of this is true but I read elsewhere that the Giants satisfied the Rooney Rule requirement already by interviewing Leslie Frazier prior to hiring the Bills OC.

Probably so, unlike the rest of the internet I will admit that I do not know everything.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that this lawsuit--regardless of outcome--backfires and brings about an end to the Rooney Rule. That would be ironic.

If he has proof that a hire was made before the Rooney Rule was applied before he was even interviewed that is grounds for a lawsuit. What people do not know is that owners, GMs and other important people all talk to one another and I am sure Flores was not talked about well from the Dolphins management.
That wouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit b/c the law doesn't require teams to interview certain candidates based on race. It is the NFL that requires teams to do that. So, at best, it would've been grounds for a complaint to the league against the team for subverting the league's minority-interview requirements.

He was not going to get another NFL head coaching job he might as well just sue and see what comes of it.
I think Flores was going to get another HC job--He did pretty well in Miami despite a poorly run organization, a terrible OL, and a misfiring offense. If he waited until he felt that he wasn't going to get another HC job, then all his talk of principles and sacrifice are BS.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can find, you're right--the team satisfied the Rooney Rule before they ever interviewed Flores.

Here is what I could find on the NYG HC interview timeline:
Jan 21, Daboll (white)
Jan 22, Frazier (black)
Jan 23, Anarumo (white)
Jan 24, Quinn (white)
Jan 25, Daboll #2
Jan 26, Graham (black)
Jan 27, Flores (black)
Jan 28, Frazier #2
Jan 29, NYG hire Daboll as HC

That timeline doesn't look good for Flores.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that this lawsuit--regardless of outcome--backfires and brings about an end to the Rooney Rule. That would be ironic.

That wouldn't be grounds for a lawsuit b/c the law doesn't require teams to interview certain candidates based on race. It is the NFL that requires teams to do that. So, at best, it would've been grounds for a complaint to the league against the team for subverting the league's minority-interview requirements.

I think Flores was going to get another HC job--He did pretty well in Miami despite a poorly run organization, a terrible OL, and a misfiring offense. If he waited until he felt that he wasn't going to get another HC job, then all his talk of principles and sacrifice are BS.

Well maybe not a lawsuit but some kind of legal action which is what he is pursuing. The Rooney rule was a policy created by the league for affirmative action. I know you think that he would have gotten an NFL head coaching job. Personally I think he would have ended up as either a coordinator having to prove himself again to possibly get a job which to me I think it would be difficult. To this day I have no idea how Eric Bieniemy has not gotten a head coaching job. As a running backs coach he developed Jamal Charles, as an OC he revived Alex Smiths career and was apart of Mahomes success winning a super bowl. I honestly believe if he was white he would have been hired as a head coach.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. We can all come to our own conclusion which side of the line Flores decision falls on. I was looking at pay scales for HCs in the NFL. Fangio was paid $5 million annually by the Broncos, Matt Rule was paid $8.5 million by the Panthers, ex Falcons HC Quinn was paid $8 million for not coaching by the Falcons. By contrast Matt Nagy only got paid $100, 000, Flores $500,000. Getting released by the Dolphins was like a gift and he was about to reap one of those big bucks contract. Keep in mind we are talking annual pay, so say 8 million per year for 4 years would of been a super nice raise for Flores.
Does anyone think his lawsuit will change any thing as far as the NFL and how they conduct business? I don't. I also doubt his lawsuit will come close to the bonanza he was about to reap on his next contract, but who knows? Maybe it will, I just personally doubt that

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe not a lawsuit but some kind of legal action which is what he is pursuing. The Rooney rule was a policy created by the league for affirmative action.
My point is that Flores isn't basing his lawsuit on a claim that the NYG failed to meet the Rooney Rule. And a lawsuit based on that claim would get thrown out of court.

Flores is claiming basic racial discrimination. He and other black coaches were not fired and/or interviewed but not-hired b/c they were black.

I know you think that he would have gotten an NFL head coaching job. Personally I think he would have ended up as either a coordinator having to prove himself again to possibly get a job which to me I think it would be difficult. To this day I have no idea how Eric Bieniemy has not gotten a head coaching job. As a running backs coach he developed Jamal Charles, as an OC he revived Alex Smiths career and was apart of Mahomes success winning a super bowl. I honestly believe if he was white he would have been hired as a head coach.
Oh, I'm not sure he'd have gotten a new HC job this year, but he'd have gotten another one, if not 2023, then the year after. His accomplishments as the Pats DC and Miami HC all-but guaranteed him another chance.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Dolphins could have had Brady!!!

Oh, and some lawsuit thingy happened

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he can prove he was offered bribes to tank games what would that mean for the Phins?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billionaires rarely do