• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, it is the Rooney Rule that forced the Broncos and Giants to interview a person of color, which led to Flores' embarrassment in those two circumstances. The system today is clearly not working. It is tough to legislate past the old boy owner network.

It doesn't help when two of the more prominent coordinator options have been playing deep into the postseason of late, and often the jobs are already filled. The NFL should put a moratorium on coaching hires until after the Super Bowl; it's not really fair to the teams trying to prepare for their biggest games of the season with their coaching staff needed to lose time and focus with interviews.
They shouldn't be able to legislate it. These are privately owned businesses owned by billionaires who are not going to be told who they have to hire.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill is an instigator, just did this to stir things up lol.

With Daboll though, it was kind of a foregone conclusion the Giants were going to hire him after they hired Schoen to be their GM, as they were both with the Bills last year. He had his second interview with the Giants by the time Bill sent out that "Oh, Grandpa!" text.

I pretty much agree with both comments here. Haha. Bill either did some brilliant move to fuck somebody over or he really is beginning to show his age.

Honestly, I think Daboll was probably the right choice for the Giants and while they may have violated the Roonie Rule I don't find anything racist in them hiring the guy they knew they wanted before somebody else snatched him up.

The claims against the Broncos are meh IMO. Possibly true but if I found out John Elway was a fucking asshole I wouldn't be shocked.

The shit with the Dolphins on the other hand seems pretty intense. If Flores can prove any of it then that's going to reek.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with both comments here. Haha. Bill either did some brilliant move to fuck somebody over or he really is beginning to show his age.

Honestly, I think Daboll was probably the right choice for the Giants and while they may have violated the Roonie Rule I don't find anything racist in them hiring the guy they knew they wanted before somebody else snatched him up.

The claims against the Broncos are meh IMO. Possibly true but if I found out John Elway was a fucking asshole I wouldn't be shocked.

The shit with the Dolphins on the other hand seems pretty intense. If Flores can prove any of it then that's going to reek.

Is Elway required to take a linebackers coach as a serious contender for his head coaching opening, if it was any more than Elway just being hung over (which happens to the best of us, lol)?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You questioned what I meant when I said the owners' personal issues are almost as bad as the issues that young black players in the league have and I told you; quite clearly in fact.
Why is it relevant they are black?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway statement:

"While I was not planning to respond publicly to the false and defamatory claims by Brian Flores, I could not be silent any longer with my character, integrity and professionalism being attacked. I took Coach Flores very seriously as a candidate for our head coaching position in 2019 and enjoyed our three-and-a-half hour interview with him. Along with the rest of our group, I was prepared, ready and fully engaged during the entire interview as Brian shared his experience and vision for our team. It's unfortunate and shocking to learn for the first time this week that Brian felt differently about our interview with him.
"For Brian to make an assumption about my appearance and state of mind early that morning was subjective, hurtful and just plain wrong. If I appeared "disheveled", as he claimed, it was because we had flown in during the middle of the night -- immediately following another interview in Denver -- and were going on a few hours of sleep to meet the only window provided to us. I interviewed Brian in good faith, giving him the same consideration and opportunity as every other candidate for our head coaching position in 2019."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Former Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores stunned the sports world with his racial discrimination lawsuit against the NFL on Tuesday, likening the professional football league to a plantation that exploits Black labor. "

How do I get work on that plantation?
Lose your rascist tendencies. The league is 70% black. That could really cramp your "style"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose your rascist tendencies. The league is 70% black. That could really cramp your "style"

Montalban aside, that quote is ridiculous. Plantations that pay their "employees" millions of dollars lol? Where do I sign up for this kind of exploitation?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it relevant they are black?
Because they are the ones who can’t stay out of trouble. I couldn’t find any examples of white players in trouble. They are much smarter and stay out of trouble

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, if he can prove the $100k per loss that owner has to sell right?
I would really hope so.

On the other hand, the Dolphins have had reasonably good draft positions for years, and where has it gotten them? The most they seem to get out of a good draft position is another good draft position the next year.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 posts with the keywords "race card" That appears to be his go to post.
Might want to check @libhater and HTTR08 while you’re at it

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are the ones who can’t stay out of trouble. I couldn’t find any examples of white players in trouble. They are much smarter and stay out of trouble
Well, you answered my question. You are a rascist! May God rebuke you gently

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ironic that he was fired for actually being a good coach, he did better than expected, and better than the owner wanted him to perform. Plus, he wouldn't violate league rules to try and get Brady to come to South Beach.
I believe he was fired for not wanting Watson.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fired for refusing to tank and refusing to follow illegal orders.
Billionaires sometimes want what they pay for.....

In 2019? They let him stay on for two more years after those issues?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fired for refusing to tank and refusing to follow illegal orders.
Billionaires sometimes want what they pay for.....
this one is kind of a stretch.
he (allegedly) refused to tank & follow illegal orders in 2019.
So they fired him at the end of 2021?

Also I guess he found his honor & integrity at the end of 2021 to finally report said offenses.