• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell and the "owners" need to clean that shit up.

How can there be only 1 black HC in a league of 32 teams...and where 70% of the players are black?
LOL! What a stupid question

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked someone with your posting tendencies on race in here doesn't get the gist, or the sad reality of it.
There is no gist. The owner hires who he is comfortable with running his business. You cannot legislate peoples' feelings. You can't force colored candidates on owners who don't necessarily want them

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no gist. The owner hires who he is comfortable with running his business. You cannot legislate peoples' feelings. You can't force colored candidates on owners who don't necessarily want them
yet!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, goofy...but that's a stupid answer....and you know it.
Thanks for proving my point about you...and for the cogent point I made regarding my other post, which obviously triggered you.
This will also be my final reply to you...because I'm not gonna play your dumb game.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Former Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores stunned the sports world with his racial discrimination lawsuit against the NFL on Tuesday, likening the professional football league to a plantation that exploits Black labor. "

How do I get work on that plantation?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, goofy...that's a stupid answer....and you know it.
Thanks for proving my point about you...and for the cogent point I made regarding my other post, which obviously triggered you.
This will also be my final reply to you...because I'm not gonna play your dumb game.
"Cogent"? LOL. When did a bumpkin like you start using words like that?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe not a lawsuit but some kind of legal action which is what he is pursuing. The Rooney rule was a policy created by the league for affirmative action. I know you think that he would have gotten an NFL head coaching job. Personally I think he would have ended up as either a coordinator having to prove himself again to possibly get a job which to me I think it would be difficult. To this day I have no idea how Eric Bieniemy has not gotten a head coaching job. As a running backs coach he developed Jamal Charles, as an OC he revived Alex Smiths career and was apart of Mahomes success winning a super bowl. I honestly believe if he was white he would have been hired as a head coach.
I think Bieniemy should be a HC right now. But look at his legal problems and you’ll probably understand why the hesitancy to hire him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Flores then had to sit through dinner Wednesday with the Giants’ general manager and the interview Thursday, the lawsuit says, knowing full well that Daboll had been chosen for the job."

Why would someone sit for a three-hour interview when he knew the job was already taken? Would a team want a coach who is that stupid?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me this is two different things.
discrimination case is about one thing.

The bribe thing should be a totally different case.
If the Dolphins are guilty of trying to bribe the coach. I think swift & dire consequences should come of it. (the only part of all this SportsHoopla I am interested in)

Well I dont even have to go with if Hue is talking the truth. Because he has now said he took payoffs to lose. Either way whether he is telling the truth or lying. He should be banned from coaching ever again. Of course I seriously doubt he was ever gonna coach in the NFL again anyways.

Dont know how the laws work as far as your prison comment. people take payoffs all the time without going to prison.
Though not an expert in employment law, I've had a few employment law cases involving claims not all that different from those Flores is raising. You're right, these are two different things (but there's nothing wrong with bringing them in the same lawsuit).

1. Hiring discrimination is one of his causes of action. It's the primary legal basis for Flores's suit. Without it, I doubt Flores would've sued at all. This is the woke headline grabber, but I think his other claim has the most meat on the bone.

2. The other claim he's making is that he was offered more money to intentionally lose games--that has nothing to do with Flores's racial discrimination claims, but it could be its own separate (though still heard in the same case) legal basis b/c even though it appears that the pay-to-lose allegations were thrown in just to smear the Dolphins and the league, Flores could argue that he was fired for refusing to commit fraud or a crime (which the pay-to-lose proposal could be). That has nothing to do with his racial discrimination claims.

Last edited:

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though not an expert in employment law, I've had a few employment law cases involving claims not all that different from those Flores is raising. You're right, these are two different things (but there's nothing wrong with bringing them in the same lawsuit).

1. Hiring discrimination is one of his causes of action. It's the primary legal basis for Flores's suit. Without it, I doubt Flores would've sued at all. This is the woke headline grabber, but I think his other claim has the most meat on the bone.

2. The other claim he's making is that he was offered more money to intentionally lose games--that has nothing to do with Flores's racial discrimination claims, but it could be its own separate (though still heard in the same case) legal basis b/c even though it appears that the pay-to-lose allegations were thrown in just to smear the Dolphins and the league, Flores could argue that he was fired for refusing to commit fraud or a crime (which the pay-to-lose proposal could be). That has nothing to do with his racial discrimination claims.
So he was fired in 2022 for refusing to tank in 2019 season, but kept his job for 2 more years after the alleged request and never said anything to anyone? I will buy that if you buy my farmland in the antarctic

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if any of the bribery charges end up being true. Owners could be looking at prosecution. I assume Hue Jackson could be prosecuted as well.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad word was ever said about Flo in New England. Consider the source! Ross?
Ross makes Snyder look like a great leader!

C3854bSUYAAHshf.jpg

She's coaching now?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bieniemy should be a HC right now. But look at his legal problems and you’ll probably understand why the hesitancy to hire him.

I think that is just a scapegoat to not hiring him his last incident was 21 years ago and he has had so much success in the NFL since then. Josh McDaniels was in a video tapping scandal with the Broncos that was investigated by the NFL and found that McDaniels didnt report the incident as he should have then went 11-17 as a head coach before getting fired. He was granted a 2nd NFL head coaching job before Bieniemy which I think proves the narrative of the good old boy system.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I would say purely as a fan is that I would be frustrated if my teams ownership were not finding the best means to win. If I were a Texans fan I would be sick to my stomach as it is pretty publicly put out that Watson really wants to play under Flores and they have a good relationship. If I was the Texans management why can't they just have a good communication with his camp and say hey if we hire Flores would you want to stay here with the Texans so we dont have to try and trade you away. If I were a Texans fans getting Brian Flores and at the same time make Watson happy so he stays is a mega win I would like to see.

Instead it looks like they are going the route of hiring a Josh McCown a freaking high school football coach and they would most likely trade Watson away for picks. If hiring McCown isn't an example of the good old boy system I dont know what is.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Flores then had to sit through dinner Wednesday with the Giants’ general manager and the interview Thursday, the lawsuit says, knowing full well that Daboll had been chosen for the job."

Why would someone sit for a three-hour interview when he knew the job was already taken? Would a team want a coach who is that stupid?
Because if he didn't, all the people like you would say,"he didn't even show up and so on and so forth".