• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Ross said about letting Flores go:

“I made the decision today to part ways with Brian Flores,” Ross wrote. “After evaluating where we are as an organization and what we need going forward to improve, I determined that key dynamics of our football organization weren’t functioning at a level I want it to be and felt that this decision was in the best interest of the Miami Dolphins. I believe we have a talented young roster in place and have the opportunity to be much better in 2022. I want to thank Brian for his hard work and wish him nothing but the best in his future.”

It your basic "we want to move in a different direction" line. No real way to take the sting of getting fired with a explanation no matter how diplomatic you try to be.
Yeah, that seems more like ownerspeak. We often get coachspeak in post game pressers that say a bunch while really saying nothing. The funniest line in there is him believing they have a talented roster. Most of their roster is average at best, they have a lower tier QB and Ross is one of the worst owners in the league yet somehow Flores got them 2 straight winning seasons despite all that. Something they hadn't had in 18 years.
One of the other allegations on Ross was in 2020, he wanted Flores to meet with and convince a soon to be FA player to come to Miami before the teams were allowed to. Flores said no, it would be tampering but Ross invited Flores to a yacht in Miami harbor a few days later and the FA was there. Flores walked away supposedly, knowing it was wrong and against the rules. I don't think much of any of these owners but Ross strikes me as a guy that would be like that. Maybe it's false but I kinda believe Flores in most of this. I guess we will find out eventually maybe but if some of these shady dealings turn out to be factual, the league will have to deal with Ross in some way. This is a real bad P.R. look for them, regardless of whether we 100% believe Brian Flores.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that seems more like ownerspeak. We often get coachspeak in post game pressers that say a bunch while really saying nothing. The funniest line in there is him believing they have a talented roster. Most of their roster is average at best, they have a lower tier QB and Ross is one of the worst owners in the league yet somehow Flores got them 2 straight winning seasons despite all that. Something they hadn't had in 18 years.
One of the other allegations on Ross was in 2020, he wanted Flores to meet with and convince a soon to be FA player to come to Miami before the teams were allowed to. Flores said no, it would be tampering but Ross invited Flores to a yacht in Miami harbor a few days later and the FA was there. Flores walked away supposedly, knowing it was wrong and against the rules. I don't think much of any of these owners but Ross strikes me as a guy that would be like that. Maybe it's false but I kinda believe Flores in most of this. I guess we will find out eventually maybe but if some of these shady dealings turn out to be factual, the league will have to deal with Ross in some way. This is a real bad P.R. look for them, regardless of whether we 100% believe Brian Flores.
The league likely won't go after Ross.
The owners know they can be on the hotseat next.
There will have to be a fall guy though.

Remember the Martin Icognito fiasco (on Ross watch)
The team got counseling?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would probably hurt his race case.
Jackson should have been fired long before he actually was.
And both coaches covering up a bribe of that magnitude is a conspiracy and a felony, if true. Thus both coaches should not only not be coaching in the NFL, they should be in prison.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league likely won't go after Ross.
The owners know they can be on the hotseat next.
There will have to be a fall guy though.

Remember the Martin Icognito fiasco (on Ross watch)
The team got counseling?
If they do, then they will have to go after Flores for covering up the crime, thus being guilty of a conspiracy to commit fraud

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And both coaches covering up a bribe of that magnitude is a conspiracy and a felony, if true. Thus both coaches should not only not be coaching in the NFL, they should be in prison.
to me this is two different things.
discrimination case is about one thing.

The bribe thing should be a totally different case.
If the Dolphins are guilty of trying to bribe the coach. I think swift & dire consequences should come of it. (the only part of all this SportsHoopla I am interested in)

Well I dont even have to go with if Hue is talking the truth. Because he has now said he took payoffs to lose. Either way whether he is telling the truth or lying. He should be banned from coaching ever again. Of course I seriously doubt he was ever gonna coach in the NFL again anyways.

Dont know how the laws work as far as your prison comment. people take payoffs all the time without going to prison.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me this is two different things.
discrimination case is about one thing.

The bribe thing should be a totally different case.
If the Dolphins are guilty of trying to bribe the coach. I think swift & dire consequences should come of it. (the only part of all this SportsHoopla I am interested in)

Well I dont even have to go with if Hue is talking the truth. Because he has now said he took payoffs to lose. Either way whether he is telling the truth or lying. He should be banned from coaching ever again. Of course I seriously doubt he was ever gonna coach in the NFL again anyways.

Dont know how the laws work as far as your prison comment. people take payoffs all the time without going to prison.
Well, I'm fairly certain he is lying anyway. he knows that ESPN will be chomping at the bit to run with and sensationalize this story. He gets attention Here's a guy who covered up a bribe for two years and now we are supposed to believe him?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
".....with the suit — which could easily bring a premature end to his meteoric rise within the league — Flores has shown that his story belongs to him, not to a league that will use it to prop up its faltering self-image. In the process, he’s sent a different message: that the American Dream belongs to those who are willing to challenge the institutions that drape themselves in the American flag while refusing to embody its promise."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything?
You questioned what I meant when I said the owners' personal issues are almost as bad as the issues that young black players in the league have and I told you; quite clearly in fact.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring a black female as a NFL head coach is long overdue.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB is 70 this year, maybe he should step aside and provide Flores the opportunity he's been denied.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell and the "owners" need to clean that shit up.

How can there be only 1 black HC in a league of 32 teams...and where 70% of the players are black?
players dont always make good coaches.
Dont see how this translates.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this asshole certainly can't say he got fired because he's black or is being overlooked for future jobs for that reason

"Jackson was fired eight games into the 2018 season. He went 3-36-1 with Cleveland, losing all 16 games in 2017."

3-36 and 1! Good lord!