• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bieniemy should be a HC right now. But look at his legal problems and you’ll probably understand why the hesitancy to hire him.
I think Bienemy isn't getting jobs partly because he comes from Andy Reid and doesn't call the plays. Teams also see Nagy's failure. However, I think some teams might have taken a shot if he was one of these young white guys.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going the way of CK and will coach again.....but most likely in college.

If an NFL owner was in tune with their customer base in any way what so ever they would hire this man. Not only is he qualified it would show they actually care about these issues. Of course I don't think we have such an owner in the NFL so he will be forced to rebuild his career at Arkansas South Central University.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an NFL owner was in tune with their customer base in any way what so ever they would hire this man. Not only is he qualified it would show they actually care about these issues. Of course I don't think we have such an owner in the NFL so he will be forced to rebuild his career at Arkansas South Central University.
Very true but most billionaires aren't in tune with their customer base or with the average guy on the street working to support his family. They live in a completely different world.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bienemy isn't getting jobs partly because he comes from Andy Reid and doesn't call the plays. Teams also see Nagy's failure. However, I think some teams might have taken a shot if he was one of these young white guys.
I'm not going to dive into the race aspect. I keep forgetting that OCs under Reid aren't calling their own plays. I'd like to see him get an opportunity.

As far as Flores, look, the Dolphins are an incompetent mess across the board with management (including Ross as an owner). But, you can't really claim the Dolphins are racist when they hired you as a HC when you weren't even a coordinator, which is extremely rare. On top of that, they've held onto Chris Grier who should've been fired long ago, and last time I checked, he's a black GM.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole kneeling for the anthem thing showed us that NFL owners aren't all that in tune with their customer base.

The NFL cares enough about these issues to force its teams to interview 2 external minority candidates for HC jobs and at least 1 for coordinator openings and IIRC, even 1 for GM spots. That is going above and beyond what the law requires. The only way to do more is to actually force teams to hire minority candidates whether they want to or not. I get the argument that such a rule is needed to help break out of the "we coached/played together" old-boy network and raise the profile of minority candidates, but this suit by Flores could actually hurt minority coaching interests.

Besides, had Flores been a little more patient, he could've landed the Houston job this year or any number of jobs next year. That's why I called this suit of his more of a tantrum than a principled stand.

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins owner has issued an official statement calling former coach Brian Flores' allegations "false, malicious and defamatory."​

In addition to Flores' charges of racism, he has alleged Ross offered him $100,000 per game to intentionally lose in 2019 and tried to strong arm him into a rule-breaking meeting with a free agent quarterback — believed to be Tom Brady — in 2020. "With regard to the allegations being made by Brian Flores, I am a man of honor and integrity and cannot let them stand without responding,” Ross said late Wednesday. “I take great personal exception to these malicious attacks, and the truth must be known." Ross and the NFL sound like they are digging in for war, though the league is believed to be readying an investigation into Flores' tanking allegation. At least at first blush, Flores doesn't seem to be running low on evidence. Ross could be in a fight for his survival as Dolphins owne

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole kneeling for the anthem thing showed us that NFL owners aren't all that in tune with their customer base.

The NFL cares enough about these issues to force its teams to interview 2 external minority candidates for HC jobs and at least 1 for coordinator openings and IIRC, even 1 for GM spots. That is going above and beyond what the law requires. The only way to do more is to actually force teams to hire minority candidates whether they want to or not. I get the argument that such a rule is needed to help break out of the "we coached/played together" old-boy network and raise the profile of minority candidates, but this suit by Flores could actually hurt minority coaching interests.

Besides, had Flores been a little more patient, he could've landed the Houston job this year or any number of jobs next year. That's why I called this suit of his more of a tantrum than a principled stand.
As I said when this was made public I'm not sure why he did not wait to see if he landed a job before filing this suit. Would an owner be so insensitive to fire him after he was hired just because of this law suit? It would have been interesting to see.

If he lands another job, and that's dubious, I'll be rooting for that team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said when this was made public I'm not sure why he did not wait to see if he landed a job before filing this suit. Would an owner be so insensitive to fire him after he was hired just because of this law suit? It would have been interesting to see.

If he lands another job, and that's dubious, I'll be rooting for that team.

He reportedly interviewed well with the Saints and was still in the running for the Texans job.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea, the Washington Commies can be the trend setter....
Why not? They’ve had a black president forced on them. Why isn’t hiring a White female HC long overdue?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good reputation is so very hard to get and harder to keep.

Brian Flores has a reputation of honesty and integrity

Stephon Ross has a reputation of being a crook.

Which should I believe? A man of integrity or a swindler?

Ya! The more shit that comes out sure does indicate that Brian attempted to do the right thing at all times.

If Ross was indeed trying to get him to tank(and tamper) and then floated the rumor that Brian was difficult to work with when he wouldn't tank(and tamper) that would fucking reek to high hell.

I hope Kraft and BB offer him his old job back and he accepts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no gist. The owner hires who he is comfortable with running his business. You cannot legislate peoples' feelings. You can't force colored candidates on owners who don't necessarily want them

In reality, it is the Rooney Rule that forced the Broncos and Giants to interview a person of color, which led to Flores' embarrassment in those two circumstances. The system today is clearly not working. It is tough to legislate past the old boy owner network.

It doesn't help when two of the more prominent coordinator options have been playing deep into the postseason of late, and often the jobs are already filled. The NFL should put a moratorium on coaching hires until after the Super Bowl; it's not really fair to the teams trying to prepare for their biggest games of the season with their coaching staff needed to lose time and focus with interviews.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? They’ve had a black president forced on them. Why isn’t hiring a White female HC long overdue?

Women don't play football?

It's a matter of experience. Women are working their way up through FO and support responsibilities, but these things take time, especially without name recognition or past experience to sell to your owner and/or fanbase. The Giants just hired Laura Young as director of coaching operations, whom Daboll brought over with him from Buffalo.

I realize my answer is far too serious for your baiting question, but so be it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya! The more shit that comes out sure does indicate that Brian attempted to do the right thing at all times.

If Ross was indeed trying to get him to tank(and tamper) and then floated the rumor that Brian was difficult to work with when he wouldn't tank(and tamper) that would fucking reek to high hell.

I hope Kraft and BB offer him his old job back and he accepts.
Flores' lawyers said they have corroborating evidence regarding the tampering and tanking thing from Ross so I guess we may eventually find out. Right now it's just one man's word vs another. Personnaly, I tend to believe Flores more than Ross but I'm not going to just assume things because I don't care for a guy. I think what's getting lost in our discussion is that is the part of the suit dealing with the Dolphins. The hiring practice thing is more aimed at the Giants and the league as a whole, imo.I think the two charges would have been better served as seperate suits but I'm not a lawyer.
One question in all of this that keeps bothering me is how and why Bill Belichick was privy to the hire seemingly before anyone else. It just seems odd to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores' lawyers said they have corroborating evidence regarding the tampering and tanking thing from Ross so I guess we may eventually find out. Right now it's just one man's word vs another. Personnaly, I tend to believe Flores more than Ross but I'm not going to just assume things because I don't care for a guy. I think what's getting lost in our discussion is that is the part of the suit dealing with the Dolphins. The hiring practice thing is more aimed at the Giants and the league as a whole, imo.I think the two charges would have been better served as seperate suits but I'm not a lawyer.
One question in all of this that keeps bothering me is how and why Bill Belichick was privy to the hire seemingly before anyone else. It just seems odd to me.

Bill is an instigator, just did this to stir things up lol.

With Daboll though, it was kind of a foregone conclusion the Giants were going to hire him after they hired Schoen to be their GM, as they were both with the Bills last year. He had his second interview with the Giants by the time Bill sent out that "Oh, Grandpa!" text.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Belichick was first to know, but Deboll was on his staff on two occasions so they likely have a personal connection Just as Belichick and Flores do.