• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expectations for the season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne is shit.

According to ESPN.com
Haskins was ranked 33 in rating 73.0 and can’t be found on QBR.
Alex Smith was a little better at 31 in rating (78.5) and can’t be found on QBR.
Kyle Allen did not qualify.
Fitzpatrick was 17 in rating (95.6) and 5 in QBR (76.8)
Heineke obviously didn’t qualify.

Pro football reference has DH at 31 for QBR,
Alex Smith at 34.8.
Kyle Allen actually had a rating of 99.3 and a QBR of 74.5.

So you don’t think much of Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Adam Humphries, and Sam Cosmi?

I am actually with you on NY.
We'll see about Dwayne and can come back to this in future seasons.

No on Curtis Samuels

D. Brown is a rookie so there's possibility

I would have never put A. Humphries on this team

Cosmi?? See, remarks on Brown.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see about Dwayne and can come back to this in future seasons.

No on Curtis Samuels

D. Brown is a rookie so there's possibility

I would have never put A. Humphries on this team

Cosmi?? See, remarks on Brown.

I will forget and you won’t bring him back up. It is all good.

Fair enough. At least you are honest. Brown and Cosmi are wait and see. Humphries had a singular good season (but was hand-picked by Ryan Fitzpatrick and is a lock to be second on the team in receptions) but has potential if healthy.

My real question is what do you have against Samuel? I just tried to find an article about how many times Bridgewater missed Samuel last season. He basically could have led the league in receiving if Bridgewater wasn’t ass.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the schedule guys, show me greater than 5 (possibly 6 if they're lucky) wins.

WEEKOPPONENTDATETIME (ET)NETWORK
1vs. ChargersW1 p.m.CBS
2vs. Giants (TNF)L8:20 p.m.NFLN
3at BillsL1 p.m.Fox
4at FalconsW1 p.m.Fox
5vs. SaintsW1 p.m.CBS
6vs. ChiefsL1 p.m.CBS
7at PackersL1 p.m.Fox
8at BroncosW4:25 p.m.Fox
9BYE WEEK
10vs. BuccaneersL1 p.m.Fox
11at PanthersW1 p.m.Fox
12vs. Seahawks (MNF)W8:15 p.m.ESPN
13at RaidersW4:05 p.m.Fox
14vs. CowboysW1 p.m.Fox
15at EaglesWTBDTBD
16at Cowboys (SNF)L8:20 p.m.NBC
17vs. EaglesW1 p.m.Fox
18at GiantsW1 p.m.Fox

WFT key games​

WINS -
Chargers -- Great offense didn't translate to wins - THEY didn't beat any good teams
Saints have no QB, no WRs, Falcons sucked with all-star offense, they have NO DEFENSE, Broncos super shaky at QB
Panthers could be tough but i'd give it us due to defense, -- We matchup really well against Seahawks, shocker win.
Raiders are overrated, o line will get destroyed, split with cowboys, split with giants, sweep the overwhelmed Eagles.

10 wins minimum -- I'd like to get an explanation on how the lose to the Falcons?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will forget and you won’t bring him back up. It is all good.

Fair enough. At least you are honest. Brown and Cosmi are wait and see. Humphries had a singular good season (but was hand-picked by Ryan Fitzpatrick and is a lock to be second on the team in receptions) but has potential if healthy.

My real question is what do you have against Samuel? I just tried to find an article about how many times Bridgewater missed Samuel last season. He basically could have led the league in receiving if Bridgewater wasn’t ass.
I'm actually following his career to see where it goes. I'll bring it up whether he projects as I see him or fails as you do.

Nothing really against Samuels except he's the guy that they settled for. Kenny Golladay could and should have been the signing here. I'm really tired of seeing other teams go for it in order to land top flight players, while Washington plays it safe, then settles for good but not great guys.

Some notes:

1. Samuel: Will be 25 years old by Week 1... inked a three-year agreement with $23 million guaranteed and a total value of $34.5 million.

2. Golladay: Will be 27 years old by Week 1... inked a four-year agreement with $40 million guaranteed and a total value of $76 million.

*** Samuel's deal is cheaper but Golladay's is longer and they're similar in age. Therefore, kind of a wash.

3. Samuel has improved over each of his first four seasons as a pro and in 2020 he registered 77 receptions to go along with 41 carries and five total touchdowns. That was his first, true breakout campaign.

4. Golladay, on the other hand, was only healthy enough for five contests in 2020. However, in the two seasons before that, the ex-Lion went over 1,000 receiving yards in both go-rounds and hauled in a combined 16 scores.

*** So, while Samuel is certainly ascending, he has yet to reach heights like anything close to Golladay

5. Samuel isn't exactly Cal Ripken — his first taste of the NFL was limited to just nine games before an ankle injury forced him to injured reserve — but he's since suited up for 13, 16 and 15 matchups, which is clearly a positive trend.

6. Golladay, by comparison, had the aforementioned quiet 2020 due to an early hamstring issue and then a hip flexor problem. Some theorized that he wasn't too eager to return to the field in Detroit with free agency coming up, but regardless of whether that's the truth or merely gossip.

7. On the field, Let's begin with Golladay because he was regarded as the top wideout on the market and because he'll be the No. 1 target for Daniel Jones, he's going to have a ton of attention on him. He could have pushed "Scary Terry" into a more frightening position as the no.2

8. Samuel, meanwhile, wasn't as costly to acquire, he was in a tier below Golladay in terms of hype and he's slated to be more of a complement, or perhaps an equal, to Terry McLaurin. That isn't to say he can just coast in his tenure with Washington, but his bar will begin lower than Golladay's.

9. Golladay is supremely effective in contested situations and, as he demonstrated with the Lions in 2019, he's a touchdown threat the second he buckles his chinstrap. Samuel, who's more versatile and joining a club that's very familiar with him, appears poised to contribute immediately.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WINS -
Chargers -- Great offense didn't translate to wins - THEY didn't beat any good teams
Saints have no QB, no WRs, Falcons sucked with all-star offense, they have NO DEFENSE, Broncos super shaky at QB
Panthers could be tough but i'd give it us due to defense, -- We matchup really well against Seahawks, shocker win.
Raiders are overrated, o line will get destroyed, split with cowboys, split with giants, sweep the overwhelmed Eagles.

10 wins minimum -- I'd like to get an explanation on how the lose to the Falcons?
This season is going to be interesting! So much hope... AGAIN!

Same way that they have projected division title loss to the Goat-ropers. Better QB poor defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created a game by game synopsis on how this season plays out. I'll post it in a bit.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created a game by game synopsis on how this season plays out. I'll post it in a bit.

Sty, there's light at the end of the tunnel, and yet you're turning away from it.
Embrace that signs that we've improved and will make the playoffs.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few changes in my outlook, but still 5 wins.

Chargers
WEEK 1

SUN., SEPT 12
1:00 (Bad start another opening day loss 0-1)

Giants
WEEK 2

THU., SEPT 16
8:20 PM (1-1 after game two and a come-back win)

at Bills
WEEK 3

SUN., SEPT 26
1:00 PM (1-2 Bills prove that they have too much offense and Washington can’t match them)

at Falcons
WEEK 4

SUN., OCT 3
1:00 PM (1-3 Upset alert, Falcons get their 1st win of the season) in a shootout.

Saints
WEEK 5

SUN., OCT 10
1:00 PM (1-4 as Washington pulls defeat out of victory in over-time)

Chiefs
WEEK 6

SUN., OCT 17
1:00 PM (1-5 Chiefs cover the spread)

at Packers
WEEK 7

SUN., OCT 24
1:00 PM (2-5 WFT gets the better of the Pack at their place)

at Broncos
WEEK 8

SUN., OCT 31
1:00 PM (2-6 Mile high strikes again)

Buccaneers
WEEK 10

SUN., NOV 14
1:00 PM (2-7 Bucs looking to go undefeated shuts up leftover "close" playoff talk of last season btw; I still hate Brady)

at Panthers
WEEK 11

SUN., NOV 21
1:00 PM (2-8 Well what-do-you-know, it was the Jets, Darnold shines)

Seahawks
WEEK 12

MON., NOV 29
8:15 PM (2-9 Wilson Hawks dominate)

at Raiders
WEEK 13

SUN., DEC 5
4:05 PM (3-9 Raiders scratching their heads)

Cowboys
WEEK 14

SUN., DEC 12
1:00 PM (4-9 nearly benched, the other Fitz shows up)

at Eagles
WEEK 15

DEC 18 or 19
TBD (5-9, Washington on a 3 game winning streak)

at Cowboys
WEEK 16

SUN., DEC 26
8: 20 PM (5-10, Ropers stop DC streak at 3, Merry my ass!)

Eagles
WEEK 17

SUN., JAN 2
1:00 PM (5-11 battle for the bottom)

at Giants
WEEK 18

SUN., JAN 9
1:00 PM (5-12 talk intensifies about upcoming draft, new team name)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually following his career to see where it goes. I'll bring it up whether he projects as I see him or fails as you do.

Nothing really against Samuels except he's the guy that they settled for. Kenny Golladay could and should have been the signing here. I'm really tired of seeing other teams go for it in order to land top flight players, while Washington plays it safe, then settles for good but not great guys.

Some notes:

1. Samuel: Will be 25 years old by Week 1... inked a three-year agreement with $23 million guaranteed and a total value of $34.5 million.

2. Golladay: Will be 27 years old by Week 1... inked a four-year agreement with $40 million guaranteed and a total value of $76 million.

*** Samuel's deal is cheaper but Golladay's is longer and they're similar in age. Therefore, kind of a wash.

3. Samuel has improved over each of his first four seasons as a pro and in 2020 he registered 77 receptions to go along with 41 carries and five total touchdowns. That was his first, true breakout campaign.

4. Golladay, on the other hand, was only healthy enough for five contests in 2020. However, in the two seasons before that, the ex-Lion went over 1,000 receiving yards in both go-rounds and hauled in a combined 16 scores.

*** So, while Samuel is certainly ascending, he has yet to reach heights like anything close to Golladay

5. Samuel isn't exactly Cal Ripken — his first taste of the NFL was limited to just nine games before an ankle injury forced him to injured reserve — but he's since suited up for 13, 16 and 15 matchups, which is clearly a positive trend.

6. Golladay, by comparison, had the aforementioned quiet 2020 due to an early hamstring issue and then a hip flexor problem. Some theorized that he wasn't too eager to return to the field in Detroit with free agency coming up, but regardless of whether that's the truth or merely gossip.

7. On the field, Let's begin with Golladay because he was regarded as the top wideout on the market and because he'll be the No. 1 target for Daniel Jones, he's going to have a ton of attention on him. He could have pushed "Scary Terry" into a more frightening position as the no.2

8. Samuel, meanwhile, wasn't as costly to acquire, he was in a tier below Golladay in terms of hype and he's slated to be more of a complement, or perhaps an equal, to Terry McLaurin. That isn't to say he can just coast in his tenure with Washington, but his bar will begin lower than Golladay's.

9. Golladay is supremely effective in contested situations and, as he demonstrated with the Lions in 2019, he's a touchdown threat the second he buckles his chinstrap. Samuel, who's more versatile and joining a club that's very familiar with him, appears poised to contribute immediately.

I truly appreciate the breakdown and the format. People screw up tidy mess in writing far too frequently.

I liked Golloday but at the price I would take Samuel. There is a big difference catching the ball from Stafford and catching the ball from Bridgewater/Allen/Newton.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, there's light at the end of the tunnel, and yet you're turning away from it.
Embrace that signs that we've improved and will make the playoffs.
More often than not, when it comes to Washington football, that light is attached to a speeding train!

That said, get a QB on this team and I'll gladly change my mind, "embrace the new signs that they've improved and will make the playoffs."

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz has never played with this kind of defense. Don't underestimate him. Gibson will compliment him nicely. He loved Gisicki in Miami, expect Thomas to explode.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie please give me some powerball numbers

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie please give me some powerball numbers
Now why would I do that? Even if I gave you the exact winning combination, you'll just end up convincing yourself that they are factually the wrong ones based on your love for another set of numbers that you got from the dearly departed Miss Rudolph on radio or tv. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon further consideration and the current situation involving D. Watson, you guys have convinced me to reevaluate my trade offer to one that's more palatable to the objectors here. (I still believe that my original offer gets it done just with greater risks)

Here's my standing offer:

First in '22 and '23

3rd in 2023, and 2024

Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne not both (They had the worse run stopping defense )

Here's my revised offer based on the fearful responses:

Conditional 2nd in '22 and '23 (reverts to 1sts if he's playing related to his legal case)

Conditional 4th in '23 and '24 (reverts to 3rds if he's playing related to his legal case)

Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne not both

Brandon Scherff with Washington paying this years salary.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon further consideration and the current situation involving D. Watson, you guys have convinced me to reevaluate my trade offer to one that's more palatable to the objectors here. (I still believe that my original offer gets it done just with greater risks)

Here's my standing offer:

First in '22 and '23

3rd in 2023, and 2024

Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne not both (They had the worse run stopping defense )

Here's my revised offer based on the fearful responses:

Conditional 2nd in '22 and '23 (reverts to 1sts if he's playing related to his legal case)

Conditional 4th in '23 and '24 (reverts to 3rds if he's playing related to his legal case)

Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne not both

Brandon Scherff with Washington paying this years salary.

I think Deshaun is done, not playing, but playing at an elite level.
He never made it to the superbowl with Hopkins and Watt, so no need to expect he could right away here either.
I'd prefer to move up, but if we're mock GMs, I'd support you

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Deshaun is done, not playing, but playing at an elite level.
He never made it to the superbowl with Hopkins and Watt, so no need to expect he could right away here either.
I'd prefer to move up, but if we're mock GMs, I'd support you
I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that the second best QB in the game at 25 years old is done playing at an elite level?
Your reasoning ("He never made it to the superbowl with Hopkins and Watt") is curious as well considering the fact that no team makes it to a SB with 3 players!! does the rest of the roster NOT count?

I guarantee that there are going to be folks who object to having to move up, (based on cost to do so) especially in what projects to be an extremely weak '22 QB class.

How did you like the "conditional pick" adjustment to my offer?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm genuinely curious as to why you think that the second best QB in the game at 25 years old is done playing at an elite level?
Your reasoning ("He never made it to the superbowl with Hopkins and Watt") is curious as well considering the fact that no team makes it to a SB with 3 players!! does the rest of the roster NOT count?

I guarantee that there are going to be folks who object to having to move up, (based on cost to do so) especially in what projects to be an extremely weak '22 QB class.

How did you like the "conditional pick" adjustment to my offer?

I'd like to retract that statement regarding Watson never reaching an elite level of play again.
THAT will however IMO depend on where he is traded. Texans enjoy getting outwitted in trades, so for all i know he'll end up on the Colts
I do not expect him to put up the gaudy numbers immediately on his new team, and as far as what you've proposed, again if we're in the room
and you're set on this, i'd do it, ONLY because you're clearing a TON of cap space, and i truly believe we are a quarterback away from winning a superbowl...
now, on the flip side....for less trade capital and roster moves, we should get a QB that can eventually be very good and who knows how far we get based on very good.
STY!!! you know I meant, the big 3 on the texans roster, LOL. 3 great players/leaders weren't enough to get the Texans to the superbowl

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what ? until its resolved you cant bring him in . you have to let due process play out .

so if i am GM and i have to make the call i would simply wait till his issues are solved.
"The Texans aren’t getting the high price they’re asking for him right now which is supposed to be five assets, three draft picks and two starting-caliber players, that’s just not out there for the Texans right now. They’re not going to get it unless they find a franchise in dire straits with absolutely nothing to lose on or off the field. How many of those types of teams is Deshaun Watson going to play for? I don’t even think if you find a desperate trade partner that finishes this.”

Something will have to be worked out soon, though.

The Texans open the season in a little more than a month against the Jaguars on Sept. 12 or they eat his 2021 contract while getting zero productivity from him. Hell, he's not participating in team activities during camp now.