• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expectations for the season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to this part of your post.. " you stated "they won’t get their ask of 5." , but that's on me, I could have been clearer. So to be clear, I never said, "they won’t get their ask of 5." In response to another poster who quoted their asking price I was quoting a source that refuted it. I'll try to go back to find it. Quotation marks should have made that clear, but again, that's on me.

Gotcha…that makes sense.

No we are good. I understand now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seconds and fourths are no matter what right? The condition is they can upgrade?
Correct! depending on if he's still eligible to play.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie do you have faith in our Front office if Washington does trade for Watson with draft picks can we still draft and get starters .. i would be all in on watson afterh is personal issues are over because really we are getting to the point we need THEE qb ... But i dont think Coaches want a rookie so trading for a qb is our only chance

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We going role into 2022 with a new name change if it is bad name or a good name trading for watson neutralize the media if its a bad name

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We going role into 2022 with a new name change if it is bad name or a good name trading for watson neutralize the media if its a bad name
most people will not like the name no matter what the pick

this guy has a huge issue . you cant bring him in and claim culture change

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie do you have faith in our Front office if Washington does trade for Watson with draft picks can we still draft and get starters .. i would be all in on watson afterh is personal issues are over because really we are getting to the point we need THEE qb ... But i dont think Coaches want a rookie so trading for a qb is our only chance
Anything is better than Bruce Allen but my faith in the front office to draft well if that trade is made depends largely upon, if that trade is made. It tells me that they believe as I do that this team as currently constructed is ready to play with the big dogs with that addition.
Drafting in the next couple of seasons would only require an additional piece here and there which likely be OL, LB, and perhaps WR, players that you can get in the second round or later, better yet in free agency.

My faith in Rivera the man is strong but as a head coach not so much. As our moderator has insisted about the team name, he's going to have to truly earn my faith. That will require him to be much better than he was in Carolina and thus far in Washington.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most people will not like the name no matter what the pick

this guy has a huge issue . you cant bring him in and claim culture change
I don't think that it's an either/or choice with respect to the name change. Older more dyed-in-the-wool folks may not like it, while younger folks are likely to embrace it right away. That said, I think there's a wait-and-see type attitude with the majority of people, who will follow this team come hell or high water. If done properly, they are likely to gain followers although I don't see them losing or gaining a significant number of followers because of the name change. Winning or continued losing will do that.

The world is changing and most men will find it problematic to adjust to the type of man that women want. Why? well, because women have no consensus on what they want. Some will accept you as you are, while others won't. The issue comes when those who accept you, are drowned out publicly by those who think that the person that you are is problematic. ( true deviants excepted)

You can't claim "culture change" simply by doing things differently, there must be receipts, and that, in this instance, can ONLY come with different, sustained results on the field of play. Thus far, the results are pretty much in line with the old way of doing things. (7-9). Perhaps a discussion about what "culture change" means on this board is something that should be done.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, and as such, there must be winning in either case. People care less if the name is "Mud" if the team is above 500. I honestly believe that is what folks are hoping for with Fitz. He's a seemingly good dude, but he has zero history of leading a team to a post-season. So, he's never had a chance to do something like this... (D. Watson's playoff stats)

1628114079147.png

Watson as you've stated would be THE story in D.C. far outplaying talk of the name change because he makes the team instant divisional favorites and SB contenders. Of course, two things can be true at the same time, and there's going to be talk about the name change, especially as people get comfortable adjusting to and using it. That other name has been around since 1937 and change comes gradually, but it does come.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, and as such, there must be winning in either case. People care less if the name is "Mud" if the team is above 500. I honestly believe that is what folks are hoping for with Fitz. He's a seemingly good dude, but he has zero history of leading a team to a post-season. So, he's never had a chance to do something like this... (D. Watson's playoff stats)

View attachment 276636

Watson as you've stated would be THE story in D.C. far outplaying talk of the name change because he makes the team instant divisional favorites and SB contenders. Of course two things can be true at the same time, and there's goin g to be talk about the name change, especially as people get comfortable adjusting to and using it. That other name has been around since 1937 and change comes gradually, but it does come.

We have a hell of a roster now and are easily competitive. The name change happens and people remain lukewarm at worst.

Another outcome would be we trade a whole bunch of high picks and players for a guy looking at a Goodall suspension and he never plays a down for the team during our name change. You are pretty much guaranteed to lose almost every fan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a hell of a roster now and are easily competitive. The name change happens and people remain lukewarm at worst.

Another outcome would be we trade a whole bunch of high picks and players for a guy looking at a Goodall suspension and he never plays a down for the team during our name change. You are pretty much guaranteed to lose almost every fan.
Don'tcha just love Washington fans?? Always expecting the very worse thing to happen!! Hold tight man and remember, they were already losing fans in droves prior to all of the new changes. They are 7-9 and "won??" a division title. True "culture change" comes with sustained wins on the field of play. Teams that take risks, albeit calculated risks, are the ones that historically get ahead.

Before I comment on it, I'll ask. What do you mean when you refer to being "easily competitive?"

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don'tcha just love Washington fans?? Always expecting the very worse thing to happen!! Hold tight man and remember, they were already losing fans in droves prior to all of the new changes. They are 7-9 and "won??" a division title. True "culture change" comes with sustained wins on the field of play. Teams that take risks, albeit calculated risks, are the ones that historically get ahead.

Before I comment on it, I'll ask. What do you mean when you refer to being "easily competitive?"

We will be competitive in almost all the games…within a TD either way.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be competitive in almost all the games…within a TD either way.
A bit more clarity please, define "competitive" without using the word in your definition.

Within a touchdown means nothing... as in, 'they were down by 21 points but rallied to end the game losing by 7.' Or to be fair, 'Ahead by seven late in the game, Washington, lost after giving up two late touchdowns.'

You can do the same thing giving them the win, but that makes my point... it means nothing. In fact, I can't remember any games in which they weren't "competitive" (as used) last year. (7-9)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit more clarity please, define "competitive" without using the word in your definition.

Within a touchdown means nothing... as in, 'they were down by 21 points but rallied to end the game losing by 7.' Or to be fair, 'Ahead by seven late in the game, Washington, lost after giving up two late touchdowns.'

You can do the same thing giving them the win, but that makes my point... it means nothing. In fact, I can't remember any games in which they weren't "competitive" (as used) last year. (7-9)

Nope…I mean we will be within ten throughout the game in most games. Super high powered offenses could give us issues that go outside of this if the offense flounders.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope…I mean we will be within ten throughout the game in most games. Super high powered offenses could give us issues that go outside of this if the offense flounders.
Let's be clear, "competitive" ultimately comes down to matchups, and a clear eyed look at this team will result in the point of view that you have. There is, however, one super important position in which they don't match up well at all... QB!

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick vs. Justin Herbert... Herbert is the stronger, better of the two. {Watson's better}

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Daniel Jones... Meh, flip a coin (heads Giants win, tails Washington loses) {Watson's better}

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Josh Allen... No contest against a possible MVP candidate. {Close but nod to Watson}

4. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Matt Ryan... Ryan is better {Watson's better}

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Jameis Winston... Winston easily especially if he cuts down on turnovers. { watson's better}

6. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Patrick Mahomes... Really?? {Watson is close, nod to Myhomeboy}

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Aaron Rodgers.. Really?? {Watson's better}

8. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Drew Lock +... Flip a coin {Watson's better}

9. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Tom Brady... Nope {Watson's better}

10. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Sam Darnold... Flip a coin {Watson's better}

11. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Russell Wilson... Really?? { Watson's better}

12. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Derek Carr... Nod to Carr {Watson's better}

13. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Dak Prescott... Prescott wins {Watson's better}

14. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Jalen Hurts... Flip a coin, nod to Fitz. {Watson's better}

15. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Prescott again, split here Dallas sucks! {Watson's better}

16. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Hurts again, Flip a coin, nod to Hurts {Watson's better}

17. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Daniel Jones again, Flip a coin, Heads Giants lose, tails, Washington wins. {Watson's better}

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear, "competitive" ultimately comes down to matchups, and a clear eyed look at this team will result in the point of view that you have. There is, however, one super important position in which they don't match up well at all... QB!

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick vs. Justin Herbert... Herbert is the stronger, better of the two. {Watson's better}

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Daniel Jones... Meh, flip a coin (heads Giants win, tails Washington loses) {Watson's better}

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Josh Allen... No contest against a possible MVP candidate. {Close but nod to Watson}

4. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Matt Ryan... Ryan is better {Watson's better}

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Jameis Winston... Winston easily especially if he cuts down on turnovers. { watson's better}

6. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Patrick Mahomes... Really?? {Watson is close, nod to Myhomeboy}

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Aaron Rodgers.. Really?? {Watson's better}

8. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Drew Lock +... Flip a coin {Watson's better}

9. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Tom Brady... Nope {Watson's better}

10. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Sam Darnold... Flip a coin {Watson's better}

11. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Russell Wilson... Really?? { Watson's better}

12. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Derek Carr... Nod to Carr {Watson's better}

13. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Dak Prescott... Prescott wins {Watson's better}

14. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Jalen Hurts... Flip a coin, nod to Fitz. {Watson's better}

15. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Prescott again, split here Dallas sucks! {Watson's better}

16. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Hurts again, Flip a coin, nod to Hurts {Watson's better}

17. Ryan Fitzpatrick+ vs. Daniel Jones again, Flip a coin, Heads Giants lose, tails, Washington wins. {Watson's better}

If only it was one on one.

Watson is not better than Ryan, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, or Prescott.

Watson is in the same league as Allen with Herbert needing to prove he can do it again to move up.

Watson is better than nobody if he doesn’t play.

Winston is a joke.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only it was one on one.

Watson is not better than Ryan, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, or Prescott.

Watson is in the same league as Allen with Herbert needing to prove he can do it again to move up.

Watson is better than nobody if he doesn’t play.

Winston is a joke.
Matchups are one to one

this team matches up well with any other, except at QB.

Ryan, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, or Prescott, are close to being as good, they are not better, he is better than all of them.

Two best QB's in the NFL MaHomes and Watson One is #1, the other is #1A, take your pick. Allen and Herbert are wanna bees trying to move up in the rankings. Both are very good!

None of them are any better that the others if they don't play. Right now they are all playing.

Winston will prove you wrong if he can limit those turnovers. I believe that he will.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz will prove you wrong if he limits his interceptions .