• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expectations for the season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you believe Winston can.
Winston is much younger and has an upside to be realized if he can, Fitzpatrick's best years are behind him. There's no comparing the two.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is much younger and has an upside to be realized if he can, Fitzpatrick's best years are behind him. There's no comparing the two.
Your talking about ceilings, yes, Fitz has reached his. Perhaps Winston has not but we shall see this year with him. As for Fitz (accept he is our starter) who has raised his level of play 3 consecutive years, and feels himself he is in the best situation he has ever been in in his professional career, I see the ability to raise his level of play to a degree this year. Not certain what that intails but perhaps it starts with a veteran presence, leadership, toughness, seen it all, big moments not too big, effective communicator who can be relied on.
This year we are only looking for lightening in a bottle. Maybe next year we are lucky enough to hit pay dirt on our next future QB but until then, we may have Fitz for 2 years after he brings some excitement to DC and perhaps, play at his ceiling, which I would take this year with our defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking about ceilings, yes, Fitz has reached his. Perhaps Winston has not but we shall see this year with him. As for Fitz (accept he is our starter) who has raised his level of play 3 consecutive years, and feels himself he is in the best situation he has ever been in in his professional career, I see the ability to raise his level of play to a degree this year. Not certain what that intails but perhaps it starts with a veteran presence, leadership, toughness, seen it all, big moments not too big, effective communicator who can be relied on.
This year we are only looking for lightening in a bottle. Maybe next year we are lucky enough to hit pay dirt on our next future QB but until then, we may have Fitz for 2 years after he brings some excitement to DC and perhaps, play at his ceiling, which I would take this year with our defense.
I just can't wrap my mind around settling for this guy that few wanted at this point in his career. It truly figures that Washington gets the last of the pass-around.

Of course he feels that way, this is the best place for him considering he was about to be out of the league. The question is not what's best foe him but what's best for this team. RR and Co. wants to ride with him, OK, but I hope that they won't try that, "we did what we thought was best for the team" nonsense when Fitz is Fitz.

I agree, they are looking for " lightening in a bottle," good luck with that!!

You wrote: "Maybe next year we are lucky enough to hit pay dirt on our next future QB but until then, we may have Fitz for 2 years after he brings some excitement to DC and perhaps, play at his ceiling, which I would take this year with our defense."
Is this what they're trying to do, "bring some excitement?" Two years from now our guys will be play worn and a lot more beaten up. The goal each and every year is to get that 'chip, not waste them, hoping to get lucky in the next year or two.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles arw close to a deal on watson tweeter is blowing my phone up

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles get him and Dallas projects as forecast, Washington finishes last in the division.
Wow thats a crazy statement with out considering all the high draft picks gone for the eagles plus the money to pay for Watson teams need players eagles selling there future and probaly have cap issues .. in the words of Cris Klieman keep chopping wood there is no easy fix

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not “settling “ for anyone. I am saying no to the issues this guy has going on .
I am saying choose the hard right over the easy wrong

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-5 this year

very excited.

OF course this all depends on Fitz staying under centre

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't wrap my mind around settling for this guy that few wanted at this point in his career. It truly figures that Washington gets the last of the pass-around. (I could not agree more)

Of course he feels that way, this is the best place for him considering he was about to be out of the league. The question is not what's best foe him but what's best for this team. RR and Co. wants to ride with him, OK, but I hope that they won't try that, "we did what we thought was best for the team" nonsense when Fitz is Fitz. (More like the above in that we took the best of what was left)

I agree, they are looking for " lightening in a bottle," good luck with that!! (Have seen it happen before, Foles)

You wrote: "Maybe next year we are lucky enough to hit pay dirt on our next future QB but until then, we may have Fitz for 2 years after he brings some excitement to DC and perhaps, play at his ceiling, which I would take this year with our defense."
Is this what they're trying to do, "bring some excitement?" Two years from now our guys will be play worn and a lot more beaten up. The goal each and every year is to get that 'chip, not waste them, hoping to get lucky in the next year or two. (Simply put we were NOT in a position to gain that future QB for many years. Tried the year before with what seemed like a valuable pick at 15 and it turned out to be a failure of sorts. Perhaps the crop of QB players is enough next year for us to have that opportunity or a few FA (Garrapolo) are available as well, but until then, Fitzmagic it is!)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow thats a crazy statement with out considering all the high draft picks gone for the eagles plus the money to pay for Watson teams need players eagles selling there future and probaly have cap issues .. in the words of Cris Klieman keep chopping wood there is no easy fix
I wrote about this before in a response to @dad when he suggested that the Eagles had 3 1sts and could outbid our team. While those three firsts look good, the Eagles are currently 3.5M over the cap and would have to redo contracts and/or cut players this year in order to pay Watson's 15M salary. Stretching that out, with no first round picks, the loss of players and/ or reworked contracts his salary jumps to 35M next year and that would require more player adjustments.

That said, the Eagles will be "in" and perhaps win a lot of games as currently structured. I personally believe that they won't go after Watson simply in order to give Hurts a shot. As I wrote before, if Hurts shows promise ( he kind of reminds me of an inexperienced Dak) as I believe he will, Philly will go with him and use those 3 picks to further build their team.

Now, if they (Philly) believe that they can win right now with a QB change (Watson) then they become more than a team that's "in" and perhaps win a lot of games to a team that actually win those games. (Crazy huh? to believe that you're a QB away)

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is draft a qb and win a superbowl before his contract is up and the skins are following my plan to the T .. 2022 will the all for nothing year its going be RR 3rd year now what does that mean you go all in on high free agents and get your QB Via free agentice or Draft

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't wrap my mind around settling for this guy that few wanted at this point in his career. It truly figures that Washington gets the last of the pass-around.

Of course he feels that way, this is the best place for him considering he was about to be out of the league. The question is not what's best foe him but what's best for this team. RR and Co. wants to ride with him, OK, but I hope that they won't try that, "we did what we thought was best for the team" nonsense when Fitz is Fitz.

I agree, they are looking for " lightening in a bottle," good luck with that!!

Is this what they're trying to do, "bring some excitement?" Two years from now our guys will be play worn and a lot more beaten up. The goal each and every year is to get that 'chip, not waste them, hoping to get lucky in the next year or two.

FitzMagic’s Cautionary Tale​

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not your typical journeyman quarterback. He’s currently playing for his 9th team so he definitely checks that box. But his 35,000 passing yards and 223 passing TDs are not numbers you expect from a "journeyman"quarterback. Fitz’s remarkable journey began with the St. Louis Rams. The first time he stepped on the field as a rookie on November 27, 2005 he was faced with a 24-3 halftime deficit. He would throw for 310 yards and 3 touchdowns in the second half to win the game and claim NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors. That would be the first of many comebacks, and the first of his many NFC (and AFC) Player of the Week honors. During Fitz’s amazing career he set team passing records for the Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Miami Dolphins. He also holds 10 NFL passing records. Unusual for a journeyman. Even more fascinating is the fact that, unlike most journeymen QBs Fitz wasn’t brought in to play a back up role. Aside from his two year stint with the Rams, Fitz won the starting job for all 7 of the other teams he played for. Granted the 12 games he started for the Bengals in 2008 was due to an injury to Carson Palmer. Still, he would finish that season as the 3rd highest rushing QB in the NFL. Fitz would move on to Buffalo where he started for 3 and a half years. In 2013 the Bills cleaned house and drafted a QB in the 1st round of the draft. Fitz went to Tennessee where he won the starting job. The following year the Titans owned the 8th overall pick in the draft. They picked a quarterback and Fitz went to Houston. After winning the starting job in Houston Fitz found himself in a familiar situation. Houston took a QB in the 1st round. Fitz went to NY where he won the starting job for the Jets. After 2 years in the Big Apple the Jets took a QB in round 2 of the draft. Fitz moved on to Tampa Bay where he set 5 team passing records and actually beat out the number one pick in the draft (Jameis Winston) for the starting job. But Winston, with his huge contract, was destined to be given another chance to prove himself and Fitz went to Miami. He would beat out another 1st round draft pick (Josh Rosen) for the starting job and on his way to being named team MVP actually led the team in rushing. The following year (last year) Fitz beat out another 1st round draft pick (Tua) for the starting job. And although Tua eventually won back the job - primarily because he was the 5th overall pick in the draft - Fitz outplayed him. In 7 starts Fitz had more passing yards, more passing touchdowns, a higher completion %, and a higher Quarterback Rating. Now Fitz is with Washington. His success in the Nation’s Capital is anyone’s guess. But, if nothing else, he taught us a valuable lesson. One that Ron Rivera seems to have embraced. To wit: drafting a quarterback in the 1st round isn’t always the best way to build a winning team. The1st round quarterbacks drafted to replace Fitz were... EJ Manuel, Jake Locker, Brandon Weeden, and 2nd rounder Christian Hackenburg. It’s worth noting, EVERY time Fitz was given a chance to compete for the starting job he won it. Most recently beating out the 1st overall pick, the 5th overall pick, and the 10th overall pick in their respective drafts. Clearly, this guy is not your run of the mill journeyman quarterback.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote about this before in a response to @dad when he suggested that the Eagles had 3 1sts and could outbid our team. While those three firsts look good, the Eagles are currently 3.5M over the cap and would have to redo contracts and/or cut players this year in order to pay Watson's 15M salary. Stretching that out, with no first round picks, the loss of players and/ or reworked contracts his salary jumps to 35M next year and that would require more player adjustments.

That said, the Eagles will be "in" and perhaps win a lot of games as currently structured. I personally believe that they won't go after Watson simply in order to give Hurts a shot. As I wrote before, if Hurts shows promise ( he kind of reminds me of an inexperienced Dak) as I believe he will, Philly will go with him and use those 3 picks to further build their team.

Now, if they (Philly) believe that they can win right now with a QB change (Watson) then they become more than a team that's "in" and perhaps win a lot of games to a team that actually win those games. (Crazy huh? to believe that you're a QB away)
My gut tells me "if" philly were to pursue and actually trade for Watson which in turn oust Hurts, you will no longer see philly as a destination team for many players. It's a bad PR move on their part and Hurts has put everything he has into QB1 to this point. I'm not sure Philly even knows what they have in Hurts however, dropping him like a hot rock for Watson likely doesn't go over well with the team based on Watson's current situation.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me "if" philly were to pursue and actually trade for Watson which in turn oust Hurts, you will no longer see philly as a destination team for many players. It's a bad PR move on their part and Hurts has put everything he has into QB1 to this point. I'm not sure Philly even knows what they have in Hurts however, dropping him like a hot rock for Watson likely doesn't go over well with the team based on Watson's current situation.
I disagree with the PR part of your comment. I believe that in a generalized manner posters here are offering their own points of view based on guilt of Mr. Watson. Right now, as these reports are in the public radar, we are witnessing zero outrage, no continued reports of the same resulting in bad PR for his current team and generally stories regarding trades or what he's doing or not doing in camp. Those are the facts.

I completely agree with you about the Philadelphia /Hurts relationship. Players take note of things like that including potential future free agents. It is interesting to note which teams are showing interest. Those most often mentioned are ones who would be dropping a promising young talent "like a hot rock" as Philly would. Others wouldn't have that issue (Denver/Washington ) because they don't have the same situation and are QB absent.