• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

expectations for the season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides QB, where are we below average at?
I'm going to actually start looking for possible luxury picks that we may take in the first or second round.
LB,
WR (Unless Dy Brown proves he belongs)
place kicker (sometimes)
OL (yet to be proved)
TE (one is not enough)
Head coach (83 wins and 72 losses and 1 tie is ok but it doesn't tell the whole story)

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB,
place kicker (sometimes)
OL (yet to be proved)
TE (one is not enough)
Head coach (83 wins and 72 losses and 1 tie is ok but it doesn't tell the whole story)

LB - yes, true.

WR - not below average. Terry Mac is a stud. Samuels is a very good number 2. Cam
Sims could be a very good #3. Humphries, Sims, Wright are all “JAGs.” Brown could turn what is already an average wr group into a better than average group.

OL - Lost Moses only (by design), added players, and was at least average last year.

TE - No team has more than one great TE. Average.

Head Coach - Better than average. Please. He has a winning record with some terrible teams.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB,
place kicker (sometimes)
OL (yet to be proved)
TE (one is not enough)

Thoughts on Justyn Ross from Clemson?
Thoughts on Mike Gesicki joining our team
Thoughts on taking a OL in first round.
Thoughts on your 2022 luxury pick, instead of immediate need.
Head coach IMO is TBD
Good Stuff Sty

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB,
place kicker (sometimes)
OL (yet to be proved)
TE (one is not enough)
Any head coach that can win and go to the championship game with Pam Newton is a hof’r

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB - yes, true.

WR - not below average. Terry Mac is a stud. Samuels is a very good number 2. Cam
Sims could be a very good #3. Humphries, Sims, Wright are all “JAGs.” Brown could turn what is already an average wr group into a better than average group.

OL - Lost Moses only (by design), added players, and was at least average last year.

TE - No team has more than one great TE. Average.

Head Coach - Better than average. Please. He has a winning record with some terrible teams.
It looks as if we agree on most of it. Now objectively, there are points that remain to be seem, that includes;

Samuels... who looks to me like a more versatile slot guy that a conventional wideout. The way that he's been used historically suggest that, so the key is Brown. I'll agree with you if he (Brown) becomes the #2 then his projected presence would elevate a less than average group to one that's better than average.

OL... I'm not sure if we're agreeing or not on this group. While I agree that last year's line was just about average, there have been major changes leaving all of us with hope, but hope is just that, until proven on the field. Have they improved over last year, or have they regressed?

TE... Does Washington have one great one?? Good to pretty good I can agree with, but what truly makes this position below average is the novelty of Logan Thomas' second year at the job and the uncertainty behind him. As for Thomas, attended TE-U over the summer and has yet to fully transition into what his potential suggests. This will be a big year for him to improve upon his 2020 output 72 passes for 670 yards and six touchdowns. The questions now are, what will Thomas do for an encore? Which of these young player will step up behind Thomas?

John Bates: 6’6″, 259 — Boise State

Temarrick Hemingway: 6’5″, 245 — South Carolina State

Sammis Reyes: 6’5″, 260 — Loyola University

Ricky Seals-Jones: 6’5″, 243 — Texas A&M

Tyrone Swoopes: 6’4″, 254 — Texas

Deon Yelder: 6’4″, 255 — Western Kentucky

Finally, Head coach... Did you know that prior to becoming know as "River boat Ron" Rivera was one of the most conservative minded coaches in the NFL, and because of that was on the brink of being fired? If you look at his play calling stats after becoming that you'd be surprised to learn that he's not what his nickname implies. The question now is which version of this guy do we have?

‘Riverboat’ Ron Rivera has a great nickname, but he’s not ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=How+did+Ron+Rivera+become+Riverboat+Ron?&cvid=a731a89d06744ad6b425a6438d9e4a2b&aqs=edge..69i57.20461j0j1&pglt=169&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531#

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Justyn Ross from Clemson?
Thoughts on Mike Gesicki joining our team
Thoughts on taking a OL in first round.
Thoughts on your 2022 luxury pick, instead of immediate need.
Head coach IMO is TBD
Good Stuff Sty
*Justyn Ross,... based upon the little that I've read about him, he is a game changer. but what about Dy. Brown? Are we suggesting a swift turn-around away from him, sight unseen? Ross on the other hand is a bigger, faster, more versatile player comparing the two and will be, if healthy and used as Clemson generally does with wideouts, a sure fire first round talent. It's always a good idea to continually upgrade at every position. His selection by Washington would be a great value if their 2022 selection is middle of the pack and the QB position is already solved.

*Mike Gesicki ... I'm all for making additions and this, in an unsettled TE room could go a long way towards having a clearer picture of this group. The question for me is what does he bring that Washington doesn't already have? There's a huge debate in NFL circles surrounding his status as a "top flight" NFL TE. Fifty NFL executives in a poll didn't list his among that group despite his over 700 yards receiving. I honestly don't think that he gives this team any more than Thomas currently does. That said, I would have only one objection to getting this guy, if he becomes available... He played for Penn State :pound::D:pound::D ( I'm say that for a friend...Inside joke)

*OL in the first round?... Left tackle and I'm on board, every other position I believe that you get better value in the later rounds, specifically, rounds 2 and 3.

*2022 luxury pick,... The signing of William Jackson III was a great addition and IMO elevated our defensive backfield in ranking to at least a top 12 group. That said, I'm sticking with defensive back as my luxury pick. He is... Derek Stingley Jr., cornerback LSU.

In fact, I'll go a step further and add another player at a position of need... Kyle Hamilton Safety, Notre Dame. (Sorry couldn't help myself)

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Justyn Ross,... based upon the little that I've read about him, he is a game changer. but what about Dy. Brown? Are we suggesting a swift turn-around away from him, sight unseen? Ross on the other hand is a bigger, faster, more versatile player comparing the two and will be, if healthy and used as Clemson generally does with wideouts, a sure fire first round talent. It's always a good idea to continually upgrade at every position. His selection by Washington would be a great value if their 2022 selection is middle of the pack and the QB position is already solved.

*Mike Gesicki ... I'm all for making additions and this, in an unsettled TE room could go a long way towards having a clearer picture of this group. The question for me is what does he bring that Washington doesn't already have? There's a huge debate in NFL circles surrounding his status as a "top flight" NFL TE. Fifty NFL executives in a poll didn't list his among that group despite his over 700 yards receiving. I honestly don't think that he gives this team any more than Thomas currently does. That said, I would have only one objection to getting this guy, if he becomes available... He played for Penn State :pound::D:pound::D ( I'm say that for a friend...Inside joke)

*OL in the first round?... Left tackle and I'm on board, every other position I believe that you get better value in the later rounds, specifically, rounds 2 and 3.

*2022 luxury pick,... The signing of William Jackson III was a great addition and IMO elevated our defensive backfield in ranking to at least a top 12 group. That said, I'm sticking with defensive back as my luxury pick. He is... Derek Stingley Jr., cornerback LSU.

In fact, I'll go a step further and add another player at a position of need... Kyle Hamilton Safety, Notre Dame. (Sorry couldn't help myself)

Good stuff as always. I don't forsee it, but getting a chance to grab Ross, without neglecting a bigger need would be interesting. No slight at what we already have!! Yes, Brown could be something special, especially since he'll see single coverage all day. I see Ross and Stingly jr as luxury picks but prospects that shouldn't be entirely overlooked either.

I like Gesickis film because it looks like he has so much more to unlock. One injury and we have nothing at TE. Gesicki is on my radar. I know I'll be hated on for that.
I agree with OT in the first, it likely gives us a top 15 unit.

I need to see more Kyle tape but I've heard he's top 10 material

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is done…just like our former QB Haskins.
As promised, I said that whether good or bad, I would report on D. Haskins after you said that I wouldn't. Well, Pittsburg down 13-0 to the Eagles, in comes Haskins to lead the Steelers on a 65 yard TD drive, in which he went 6 of 7 for 43 yards. (I know, it's preseason, and he'll eventually bust out, right? ) Oh, BTW: that missed throw was a Pass Interference call in the end zone in which the defender grabbed the intended receiver. Ball was on the money though!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As promised, I said that whether good or bad, I would report on D. Haskins after you said that I wouldn't. Well, Pittsburg down 13-0 to the Eagles, in comes Haskins to lead the Steelers on a 65 yard TD drive, in which he went 6 of 7 for 43 yards. (I know, it's preseason, and he'll eventually bust out, right? ) Oh, BTW: that missed throw was a Pass Interference call in the end zone in which the defender grabbed the intended receiver. Ball was on the money though!!
Hell last I saw even when Steelers hadn’t scored rudolf was 8-9 don’t remember the yards

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa Dwayne finished with the following stats (There were 3 extremely catchable drops and 1 near interception)

Completions: 16

Attempts: 23

Passing Yards: 161

Touchdowns: 1

Interceptions: 0

Passer Rating:​

Completion %: 72.73

Touchdown %: 4.5

Interception %: 0.0

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa Dwayne finished with the following stats (There were 3 extremely catchable drops and 1 near interception)

Completions: 16

Attempts: 23

Passing Yards: 161

Touchdowns: 1

Interceptions: 0

Passer Rating:​

Completion %: 72.73

Touchdown %: 4.5

Interception %: 0.0

Yep…and Colt Brennan was godly in preseason.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hemingway at TE isn't it. TE2 needs to be addressed asap

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins looked decent last night. Not sure he is done. He has a skill set "others" do not have. His arm.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haskins played decently but it was vs scrubs

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haskins played decently but it was vs scrubs
Heineke played decently but it was vs scrubs.

On the other hand I wasn't impressed by the 15 year veteran though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins looked decent last night. Not sure he is done. He has a skill set "others" do not have. His arm.
I don't think that he's done at all, he just needed to be in a place where someone believed in him AND they weren't anal about insisting on a one size fits all culture change especially with an arrogant young man that comes from a generation that feels entitled because he's been the shit before arriving here.

In the end Tomlin and the Steelers benefit because Rivera and Washington focused on assigning fault instead of cultivating talent. There was a huge NFL life lesson that Dwayne had to learn, if he has, Washington will regret not knowing how to deal with a Gen X, Y or whatever he is, especially if they haven't solved their QB issues in a year or so.