• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expansion

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3 of the bottom 5 were from the north. Take away the Thrash for obivous reasons and you are left with the

Isles
Yotes
Jackets
Thrashers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils have good fans, and lots of them, but they suck at locating their arenas. I think they can stay.

I wasn't aware of how poorly Columbus was doing. I would leave them in, as well, though, because I think they're a good, but currently frustrated hockey market.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils have good fans, and lots of them, but they suck at locating their arenas. I think they can stay.

I wasn't aware of how poorly Columbus was doing. I would leave them in, as well, though, because I think they're a good, but currently frustrated hockey market.

165 mulberry street Newark New Jersey :D and as much as happy as the rest of the conference would be to see us go I don't think the Devs move even with the bad location our fanbase seems to be growing draft party was packed

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
165 mulberry street Newark New Jersey :D and as much as happy as the rest of the conference would be to see us go I don't think the Devs move even with the bad location our fanbase seems to be growing draft party was packed

Yeah, everyone would have to find another team to beat in the first round.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone would have to find another team to beat in the first round.

Low blow from the did fan not surprising :D seriously that's a thing of the past I've heard from a reliable source the devils are working with sirs old diving instructor as we speak :D

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Devils doing poorly? I always thought they had a big fanbase and always put out a good team on the ice.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit! I came in here thinking they had ideas to grow your penis !!!

I would be OK with three more. :dance:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its probably not a popular idea, but why not add 2 teams so there are 8 divisions of 4 with 16 in each conference. I know there a couple of cities who want an NHL team.

I've been saying this for a while that a 32 team league with 4x8 wouldn't be bad at all. Exactly 50% of the teams would make the playoffs which I think would make sense.

They just have to put the teams in the right places. Quebec is really the only remaining option in Canada. Hamilton or several other Southern Ontario markets could support a team but we support isn't the problem there, and most of us know what the problem is. Other than that teams would need to goto the northern US. Lots of good options being mentioned in this thread. I don't like the idea of Las Vegas though. KC isn't exactly north but I don't mind that one at all. There's already a team in the state to have a rivalry with. They have a nice new building that has been waiting for a major tenant for years. Why not?

If teams need to be moved or relocated I nominate Phoenix and Florida but I don't think any other teams should go anywhere. I really don't like the idea of 4 divisions if there are 30 teams. The divisions should be even so I think we need a 28 or 32 team league. 32 works slightly better IMO.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Phoenix be heading to Portland? Listening to a local sports show 750 AM The Game one of the hosts was saying it is likely when Phoenix goes up for relocating that Portland will be in the discussion.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Phoenix be heading to Portland? Listening to a local sports show 750 AM The Game one of the hosts was saying it is likely when Phoenix goes up for relocating that Portland will be in the discussion.

I would like to see a team in Portland. Seattle or Milwaukee.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for a while that a 32 team league with 4x8 wouldn't be bad at all. Exactly 50% of the teams would make the playoffs which I think would make sense.

They just have to put the teams in the right places. Quebec is really the only remaining option in Canada. Hamilton or several other Southern Ontario markets could support a team but we support isn't the problem there, and most of us know what the problem is. Other than that teams would need to goto the northern US. Lots of good options being mentioned in this thread. I don't like the idea of Las Vegas though. KC isn't exactly north but I don't mind that one at all. There's already a team in the state to have a rivalry with. They have a nice new building that has been waiting for a major tenant for years. Why not?

If teams need to be moved or relocated I nominate Phoenix and Florida but I don't think any other teams should go anywhere. I really don't like the idea of 4 divisions if there are 30 teams. The divisions should be even so I think we need a 28 or 32 team league. 32 works slightly better IMO.

I agree with this. Each conference should have the same number of teams and each division should have the same number of teams. Otherwise it's not fair.

Right now MLB has 16 NL teams and 14 AL teams. Aside from the payroll disparities in that sport, there is also a disparity in that regard. The NL Central has 6 teams, the AL West has 4. Seriously, who designed that setup?

If there are to be four divisions, then I agree with expansion to 32 teams. If there are to be six divisions, there need to remain 30 teams.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a team in Portland. Seattle or Milwaukee.

Agreed. If Portland wants a team then I can't see why they wouldn't be part of the discussion. Same for the other cities mentioned. But there seems to be a void in the US northwest for the NHL and either Portland or Seattle could fill that void nicely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 30 teams is too many as it is. The thought of Expansion makes absolutely no sense to me.

If the NBA locks out next season and people fall in love with the NHL in the NBA's absence, I think it would be very wise to expand. Get while the getting's good, so to speak.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Each conference should have the same number of teams and each division should have the same number of teams. Otherwise it's not fair.

Right now MLB has 16 NL teams and 14 AL teams. Aside from the payroll disparities in that sport, there is also a disparity in that regard. The NL Central has 6 teams, the AL West has 4. Seriously, who designed that setup?

If there are to be four divisions, then I agree with expansion to 32 teams. If there are to be six divisions, there need to remain 30 teams.

Yeah its a pretty dumb setup in MLB. Although for years it was the other way around. There were 2 divisions of 7 in the AL and 2 divisions of 6 in the NL. The problem with baseball is that they can't just do 15 teams in each league because each league needs an even number of teams, since every team plays almost every day and since interleague play is only a couple of times a season. MLB really needs to add or delete 2 teams, or have more interleague play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a pretty dumb setup in MLB. Although for years it was the other way around. There were 2 divisions of 7 in the AL and 2 divisions of 6 in the NL. The problem with baseball is that they can't just do 15 teams in each league because each league needs an even number of teams, since every team plays almost every day and since interleague play is only a couple of times a season. MLB really needs to add or delete 2 teams, or have more interleague play.

Well that just opens up a whole new can of worms for me. The two leagues should play under the same rules, and those should be NL rules. The DH is a joke. Then interleague play all of a sudden becomes easier.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is enough talent in the world to have 32 teams but I would like to have 30 healthy teams before there would be any talk of expansion.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NBA locks out next season and people fall in love with the NHL in the NBA's absence, I think it would be very wise to expand. Get while the getting's good, so to speak.

The NHL just had 1 team fail. The Coyotes are still in Glendale because the city counsel feels it can't afford to have one of their two arenas empty & are willing to give the NHL 25 million per year to cover the teams losses & people think the League should expand? I find it RIDICULOUS.