• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see the following as a superhero film:

At the 1:14 mark of the Plantman video --- SHIRTS

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Are you referring to the MCU?

I think the only thing we know right now is that it will not be Maguire or Garfield. Outside of that, we don't know much about his role in the MCU.

So you're saying there's a chance we see SpiderSaget?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, i'm referring to that. So i've also heard they are planning to make an Spider-Man Reboot? How many times is Marvel going to reboot Spider-Man? I guess since their are so many versions of the comics.
Marvel has never made a Spidey movie. The last two franchises have both been made by Sony. They own the movie rights to the character. However, Sony and Marvel have reportedly come to some sort of agreement allowing Marvel to use Spidey in some unknown capacity in the MCU. At this point, I think it will be more along the lines of a post-credit cameo, similar to what we saw at the end of Guardians.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first full length Batman vs Superman trailer will be released next Monday April 20th. In the meantime, here is a 20 second teaser trailer:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen IM3?

Yes. Did you read my post? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Are they going to tie in Ultron to Antman??

If you mean are they going to make Hank Pym the creator of Ultron, no. Ultron is going to be based off of a Tony Stark creation. As the Yellow Jacket change, it's not a big deal because it makes sense in the MCU and how they want the story to proceed.

after the credits of xmen days of future past....whats the deal with the pyramid builder?

The next X-Men film is called Apocalypse. The guy in the desert is Apocalypse. He was the first mutant and is essentially a god. Time travel, physical manipulation, etc. He will be a very formidable villain. You probably noticed the 4 horsemen behind him too. They should be great to see. Archangel has already had some production art released.

The first full length Batman vs Superman trailer will be released next Monday April 20th. In the meantime, here is a 20 second teaser trailer:

I've seen the whole trailer. Liked it more as it went on but after watching the Star Wars trailer so many times today it's hard for anything to match up. Still, Affleck looks really good as a brawling Batman. For those who weren't fans of Bale's Batman voice, you may have more to whine about. Affleck has his own Batman voice in this. The little clip of Batman in the battle armor looking up at Superman that was shown last year at Comic-Con is the final scene of the trailer. Batman's line is amazing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it is weird to make a movie about a superhero, have them in the MCU, but bastardize him... They would have been better off not making a movie, and just doing what they want...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FULL BATMAN V SUPERMAN TRAILER LEAKED!

Private message me if you want it in its entirety or find it through the IMDB message boards.

The trailer is intense. Superman is now viewed as a false god. The cinematography and tone of the film is way more Zach Snyder-esque. Very similar tone to Watchmen. Batman also seems darker than ever. And his final lines to the Man of Steel in the trailer shows that he means nothing but business.

I won't reveal that here. It's way more awesome when you hear it for the first time in Ben/Batman's new deep voice.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

olivia-munn-samsung-galaxy-s6-getty_1280.0.0-thumb-550x309-124512.jpg

Psylocke/Betsy Braddock has been cast for X-Men: Apocalypse. Olivia Munn (The Newsroom) will be the purple-haired ninja with psionic and telepathic powers.

psylocke_by_lummage-d4hp68a.jpg

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warner Bros. posted the trailer online today after it had been leaked yesterday. Today, Zack Snyder posted on Twitter that there will be extra content for the trailer seen in theaters on Monday.

This looks pretty good… especially the ending:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's now up for all to see:

"Tell me, do you bleed?.... You will."

So badass

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing in the trailer that I have no idea about is whatever that attack plane thing is. It looks like it's attacking guys who have truck mounted machine guns, so I'd assume bad guys. Is it the Batwing? Could this be Wonder Woman in her "jet?" A Lex Luther invention?

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing in the trailer that I have no idea about is whatever that attack plane thing is. It looks like it's attacking guys who have truck mounted machine guns, so I'd assume bad guys. Is it the Batwing? Could this be Wonder Woman in her "jet?" A Lex Luther invention?

I read something a while back that suggested it was a drone that Batman used for air support.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the Tarentino doing one of the voice overs?

The first was Charlie Rose.

The second, I think is QT.

The third was Neil DeGrasse Tyson, interrupted by Holly Hunter (I think).

Then it jumps from Rose to QT, to Tyson, to Irons, to Hunter, to Eisenberg (not in that order). Hunter, Eisenberg and Irons are all known, documented cast members. And I can imagine Rose and Tyson making cameos as themselves. But QT? That is interesting...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New trailer for the Fantastic 4 is out and it's looking better and better every time they release new info. Thing looks amazing and even the effects of Mr Fantastic's abilities look somewhat realistic. Not ridiculous like those other abominations of the franchise.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really fucked up with the casting on that new Fantastic 4 movie. And no, i'm not just talking about the obvious dumb-ass decision to make one of the Storm TWINS black for no real reason. On top of that Reed Richards looks like he's 20 years old at most and Ben Grimm, who was a collegiate football player at one point in the comics, is played by a 5'7'' 160 lb dude. The Sue Storm casting is pretty much the only one that kind of fits the character. Frankly I'm surprised Zac Efron didn't get the role of Dr. Doom.

Sony needs to stop forcing all these crappy re-boots *cough* Amazing Spiderman *cough* just so they can keep rights to the franchise. Give it back to Marvel since they seem to care about more than just making money and have proven they can put out a superior product.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the special IMAX premier of the Batman V Superman trailer

It was a pretty cool event. A lot of die hard DC and Comic book fans in general there. Came away with both limited edition Batman/Superman posters, a free pass to see the movie a week prior to its release in IMAX, and of course the exclusive extra footage of Batman and Superman's showdown.

The clip was literally only 5 seconds...but it was damn worth the wait

Oh and just to top it off Zach Snyder just released a full photo of the new Batsuit

batman-costume.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really fucked up with the casting on that new Fantastic 4 movie. And no, i'm not just talking about the obvious dumb-ass decision to make one of the Storm TWINS black for no real reason. On top of that Reed Richards looks like he's 20 years old at most and Ben Grimm, who was a collegiate football player at one point in the comics, is played by a 5'7'' 160 lb dude. The Sue Storm casting is pretty much the only one that kind of fits the character. Frankly I'm surprised Zac Efron didn't get the role of Dr. Doom.

Sony needs to stop forcing all these crappy re-boots *cough* Amazing Spiderman *cough* just so they can keep rights to the franchise. Give it back to Marvel since they seem to care about more than just making money and have proven they can put out a superior product.

So... you realize siblings can be adopted in this day and age, right? Who cares if Johnny Storm is black? What does it change? Jessica Alba isn't white and Chris Evans is. Did you call that a dumb-ass decision? And of course Reed looks 20. They're all young. Again, it changes nothing.

Most of all though, no, they didn't fuck the casting up. What they did is decide to actually cast good actors this time around instead of garbage. Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan are really good young actors, which should be the goal of every casting director trying to make a good movie, not matching the skin tone to a 1940's comic book.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I'll tell you who did fuck up. Me. The Storms are NOT twins. I don't know where I was getting that from, must have been thinking Wonder Twins or something. If anybody wants to shit on me for that one go right ahead.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... you realize siblings can be adopted in this day and age, right? Who cares if Johnny Storm is black? What does it change? Jessica Alba isn't white and Chris Evans is. Did you call that a dumb-ass decision? And of course Reed looks 20. They're all young. Again, it changes nothing.

Most of all though, no, they didn't fuck the casting up. What they did is decide to actually cast good actors this time around instead of garbage. Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan are really good young actors, which should be the goal of every casting director trying to make a good movie, not matching the skin tone to a 1940's comic book.

More or less yes. That one was stupid as well, but you might have been able to pass them off as siblings if the make up artists hadn't done such a terrible job making Alba look white. Really the bigger issue there was that they just needed a more capable actress. The other three in that film all were at least decent even though the film as a whole wasn't great.

But really the move we're talking about is more like when they made the Dragon Ball movie and made Goku white. It's pretty cut and dry. The character is not white, so just don't cast a white guy. They didn't make this mistake with any other character in that film.

Of course Reed looks 20? Why of course? He and Ben Grimm are supposed to be mid 30s, possibly pushing 40. And again the guy they brought in as Grimm makes about as much sense as Topher Grace was for Eddie Brock in Spiderman 3. Now, I don't mind if they make some minor changes to the characters if the actor fits the role. For instance, Wolverine is supposed to be like 5'3'' but Hugh Jackman looks the part and nailed the role even though he's a foot taller than that.

A few small changes here and there doesn't irk me too much, but when they go out of their way to cast a bunch of young, good looking actors who don't even come close to looking the part it sends out red flags. I keep hearing that "oh these guys are great young actors!" but I've seen all of them in plenty of other stuff. And yes, they're all decent but it's not like they stand out as outstanding when compared to their peers. Like I said, this film is only being made so that Sony can keep the rights to the Fantastic 4 and the casting decisions were clearly made to pander to a younger audience. Doesn't mean the movie is going to automatically be bad or that the actors aren't going to do a good job, but I'm really expecting the worst especially after those Sony Amazing Spiderman films