• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken I believe the Daredevil series gets released on Netflix next week. I'll certainly give it a chance.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken I believe the Daredevil series gets released on Netflix next week. I'll certainly give it a chance.

Lots of critics were given the first 5 episodes, so far everything I read says its very good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty certain it is. So they could theoretically interact with the other movies unlike X-Men and Spider-man.
And the fall of SHIELD, and the Mutant Registration in the MCU universe rather than the MR in the X universe...

They are doing a Heroes For Hire series as well, right?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fall of SHIELD, and the Mutant Registration in the MCU universe rather than the MR in the X universe...

They are doing a Heroes For Hire series as well, right?

They're also doing Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist and then once those are all done they will culminate in "The Defenders".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're also doing Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist and then once those are all done they will culminate in "The Defenders".
Cage and Fist ARE Heroes for Hire...

Will the the Jessica Jones one include them as well?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty certain it is. So they could theoretically interact with the other movies unlike X-Men and Spider-man.
Also, there are rumors that Spidey will be adopted into the MCU. Sony and Marvel are apparently working on it.

Apparently Spidey (Garfield??) will have at least a cameo (post-credit scene??) in one of the upcoming flicks (Either A2 or CA3, IIRC)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there are rumors that Spidey will be adopted into the MCU. Sony and Marvel are apparently working on it.

Apparently Spidey (Garfield??) will have at least a cameo (post-credit scene??) in one of the upcoming flicks (Either A2 or CA3, IIRC)

I do believe they are working together, I had read an article months ago regarding that, likely to get Spidey in the Civil War story arc.

And I don't think the 4 series will criss cross one another, at least not until the end. All 4 are independent series with no official release date for Luke Cage and Iron Fist yet. I think it is end of the year for Luke Cage and early next year for Iron Fist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe they are working together, I had read an article months ago regarding that, likely to get Spidey in the Civil War story arc.

And I don't think the 4 series will criss cross one another, at least not until the end. All 4 are independent series with no official release date for Luke Cage and Iron Fist yet. I think it is end of the year for Luke Cage and early next year for Iron Fist.
So they are not doing a Heroes for Hire show? They are doing a Cage stand-alone, a Fist stand-alone and a Jones stand-alone?

Gotcha. I hope they do some kind of promotional cross-over on Shield. Any clue if there is any relationship between ABC and Netflix?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if I read this exact article when the news broke, but I always thought it was 4 series total, including Agent Carter (Carter, Daredevil, Jones and HfH). Even this article makes it difficult to understand the exact breakdown. Every time they mention Cage and Fist, they are mentioned together, but to get to "4", you need to separate them out.

Is Iron Fist big enough to carry his own show? He and Cage are so intimately linked, is there a point in telling their stories separately? I am excited since it provides us with additional material, and Marvel has REALLY only made a few semi-stinkers in the universe (Thor 1, IM2, CA1, Hulk - none were horrible, but all were below the bar set by the rest of the series).

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do kinda of wonder if they are going to spin it off of the x-men origins movie though...

There's not a chance in hell the new has anything to do with Origins. That was such a steaming pile, especially the way they butchered Deadpool (how do you take the "merc with a mouth" and tape his mouth shut?!!!) and they're really trying to stay faithful to the comic book Deadpool so you can bet money they'll stay as far away from referencing that as they can.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a chance in hell the new has anything to do with Origins. That was such a steaming pile, especially the way they butchered Deadpool (how do you take the "merc with a mouth" and tape his mouth shut?!!!) and they're really trying to stay faithful to the comic book Deadpool so you can bet money they'll stay as far away from referencing that as they can.
I agree with you, that it appears to be a reboot if the character.

However, casting the same actor is a bad strategy if they want everyone to forget about Deadpool from Origins.