• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, that it appears to be a reboot if the character.

However, casting the same actor is a bad strategy if they want everyone to forget about Deadpool from Origins.

Normally , yes but Ryan Reynolds is too perfect for the role. Plus the Origins Deadpool was such a vague example of the character that never wore the costume, I think separating what this new film will be from that crap will be easy.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that I've seen and read of Deadpool so far points to this being the Deadpool we've all been waiting for.

This is the one movie I hope they get right.

KLg9lnU.jpg

FUeMiNT.jpg

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much expectations for this upcoming Fantastic Four, but I have this feeling that it might actually turn out good.

Nice looking cast (Good looking, but not overly good looking) with some actual talent. Huge fan of Michael B Jordan's abilities as an actor. Has the charisma and the emotional range

fantastic-four_612x380.jpg

635641320564306712-XXX-FANTASTIC-FOUR-MOV-JY-5565-72153680.jpg

635640150236937897-56-FANTASTIC-FOUR-MOV-jy-5566-.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Yellow Jacket exists, but is not Pym?

They really are completely bastardizing the story on this one...

Doesn't matter. Describing Ant Man as obscure is a huge understatement and they have a bigger responsibility to make a good film than they do to stay true to every comic book story. Marvel has earned my trust in film making so I don't care how they choose to create the stories in the MCU.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Describing Ant Man as obscure is a huge understatement and they have a bigger responsibility to make a good film than they do to stay true to every comic book story. Marvel has earned my trust in film making so I don't care how they choose to create the stories in the MCU.
I 100% agree that they have earned the benefit of the doubt. ONLY CA1, IM2 and Thor 1 could even remotely be described as stinkers (some would add IM3, but I actually liked that movie).

However, in an Avengers-centric movie-universe, it is a bit of a stretch to call Ant Man obscure. Sure, in the entire Marvel library, he isnt that big (pun fully intended) and the general public does not know about him. But to call him obscure would be similar to calling Beast obscure. It is difficult to tell the X-Man story without Beast and it is difficult to tell the Avengers story without Ant Man.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree that they have earned the benefit of the doubt. ONLY CA1, IM2 and Thor 1 could even remotely be described as stinkers (some would add IM3, but I actually liked that movie).

However, in an Avengers-centric movie-universe, it is a bit of a stretch to call Ant Man obscure. Sure, in the entire Marvel library, he isnt that big (pun fully intended) and the general public does not know about him. But to call him obscure would be similar to calling Beast obscure. It is difficult to tell the X-Man story without Beast and it is difficult to tell the Avengers story without Ant Man.

Sure, but I'm only talking about the general public since they are the vast majority of movie-goers. The 1% who know anything about Ant-Man doesn't concern Marvel Studios even a little if it means not creating a cohesive, logical, and ultimately profitable story.

Days of Future Past (Fox, I know), Civil War, Infinity War... All either have or will take huge liberties compared to their comic book storylines. For Days, that didn't matter because the movie they made was awesome. I expect Civil War and Infinity War to be just as good if not better. All I'm saying is I don't care if they tweak things for the movie universe, as long as they keep making quality films.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

olivia-munn-samsung-galaxy-s6-getty_1280.0.0-thumb-550x309-124512.jpg

Psylocke/Betsy Braddock has been cast for X-Men: Apocalypse. Olivia Munn (The Newsroom) will be the purple-haired ninja with psionic and telepathic powers.

psylocke_by_lummage-d4hp68a.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although I do agree that there are some lesser super heroes that really don't need an accurate origin story, BUT don't create a movie then about that character... By making an Ant man movie(even if it is not the original Ant Man) it still opens up that THIS marvel universe cares about the Character...

Also, It might be true that so little people know anything about many of these characters, but there are so many stories that even comic book nerds, don't know about where you don't have to totally bastardize a character...

I was so pissed off with Iron man 3 when they ruined one of Marvel's best villains, The mandarin... They feared the whole magic of the rings, but by doing so, they lost out on a character that could have had a movie just for him...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I do agree that there are some lesser super heroes that really don't need an accurate origin story, BUT don't create a movie then about that character... By making an Ant man movie(even if it is not the original Ant Man) it still opens up that THIS marvel universe cares about the Character...

Also, It might be true that so little people know anything about many of these characters, but there are so many stories that even comic book nerds, don't know about where you don't have to totally bastardize a character...

I was so pissed off with Iron man 3 when they ruined one of Marvel's best villains, The mandarin... They feared the whole magic of the rings, but by doing so, they lost out on a character that could have had a movie just for him...

Changing one alter ego of a villain of a lesser-known super hero doesn't ruin Ant-Man as a story. That's all that matters. The 200 comic book nerds who are pissed that Yellow Jacket is not Hank Pym are inconsequential and shouldn't keep Marvel from molding their cinematic universe the way they see fit to tell the best story. It's just not a big deal.

As for Iron Man 3, I hated it too until it came out that the Ben Kingsly character wasn't really The Mandarin. He was a paid actor who was going by that name, but only to lure Iron Man out. They released a short online of Kingsly's character sitting in a cell when guys come in to execute him on behalf of the real Mandarin for posing as that name. Yes it was sloppy, but to me it means the true Mandarin character is still out there in the Iron Man world.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing one alter ego of a villain of a lesser-known super hero doesn't ruin Ant-Man as a story. That's all that matters. The 200 comic book nerds who are pissed that Yellow Jacket is not Hank Pym are inconsequential and shouldn't keep Marvel from molding their cinematic universe the way they see fit to tell the best story. It's just not a big deal.

As for Iron Man 3, I hated it too until it came out that the Ben Kingsly character wasn't really The Mandarin. He was a paid actor who was going by that name, but only to lure Iron Man out. They released a short online of Kingsly's character sitting in a cell when guys come in to execute him on behalf of the real Mandarin for posing as that name. Yes it was sloppy, but to me it means the true Mandarin character is still out there in the Iron Man world.
Have you seen IM3?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to tie in Ultron to Antman??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to tie in Ultron to Antman??
I think I heard that there will be a cameo-type tie-in within A3, but "Ultron" will likely by done by the time of AM.

Maybe Vision will make some kind of appearance, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT SHIELD episode tonight.

We learn the story behind 'Cavalry' and get pre-Avengers talk about the Avengers.

Next week is supposed to be a big tie-in to A2...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know who will play Spiderman in the new adventures movie?
???

Are you referring to the MCU?

I think the only thing we know right now is that it will not be Maguire or Garfield. Outside of that, we don't know much about his role in the MCU.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Are you referring to the MCU?

I think the only thing we know right now is that it will not be Maguire or Garfield. Outside of that, we don't know much about his role in the MCU.
Yes, i'm referring to that. So i've also heard they are planning to make an Spider-Man Reboot? How many times is Marvel going to reboot Spider-Man? I guess since their are so many versions of the comics.