• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to find an IMAX 2D (only reg 2D) for any Marvel film in my area (Seattle). Marvel tends to do 3D and 3D only. I hate that, because I love the better sound and large screen but not a fan of the 3D.

I heard Infinity Wars will be shot entirely in IMAX though. Wonder if Marvel will continue to throw in the 3D wrench.

Too much money to be made with the 3D/3D IMAX ticket price bumps. Disney owns Marvel, and the mouse won't tolerate productions that bomb, break even, or don't triple the budget in profits in full release.

I purposely saw Mad Max in 2D because even the director said to see it presented that way. It was a masterpiece in 2D.

If a movie is only filmed in 2D and then they add subpar 3D effects via computers in post production, I'm going to avoid IMAX and standard 3D if I can. Love the IMAX big ass screen and thumping sound systems, but refuse to overpay if it was never filmed with that format in mind to begin with.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I've seen the Ant-Man trailer in the theater about 5 times now and I still don't get the appeal of this. Anyone else feel the same? I've enjoyed all the Marvel films. Minus Thor.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here it is. The trailer for the SuperGirl series coming to CBS this fall.

It appears to be really geared towards teenage girls and filled with tons of stupid cliches.
Like a Calista Flockhart sporting so much botox and lip fillers, she looks like a frozen faced fish, playing supergirls super bitchy boss.

Jimmy Olsen has been replaced with a black guy who looks like a model and gets supergirls underwear soaked. Waaaahhhh?????

Of course the nerdy guy chasing after her and ends up friendzoned is a white male.

I'd want to give this show a shot, but it looks way too aimed at pre-teen and teen girls. It's like their going to take all the misandrist crap being packaged in movies like Frozen and Malificent, and now channel it into supergirl.

Call me crazy, but I'm not blind to how much man-hate crap being spewed out of hollyweird these day. Disney and all the other major studios are pumping this out. Oh well....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Batman vs Superman producers have unleashed the new Batmobile for a first time public viewing at a Vegas event this week. Some pics taken by spectators during filming, but this is the first time the public got to see it up close.

546b4a5233bbf_-_batmobile01kgp-lg.jpg

The full specs show that the latest Batmobile is coming in at a lengthy 20 feet, which puts it just over three feet longer than a Cadillac Escalade. It also weighs a hefty 7,000 pounds, which again puts it over the Escalade which comes in at around 5,500 lbs. Even with all this length and weight it must have some sort of special motor because it’s listed at being able to reach 205 mph.

The interior is said to look like something from a military vehicle with various switches and systems present. The exterior is listed as being fully armored and comes with stealth capabilities. Weapons are listed as a set of .50 caliber retractable machine gun turrets. The whole design of the vehicle is listed as coming from stolen Wayne Industries technologies and being "single-handedly designed and fabricated by the Batman."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'X-Men' Spinoff 'Gambit' Lands Director Rupert Wyatt

Twentieth Century Fox’s X-Men spinoff Gambit has found its director.

Rupert Wyatt, who directed Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes, will direct the comic book movie that has Channing Tatumattached to star, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The project is one of the studio’s priorities and has a release date of Oct. 7, 2016.

Josh Zetumer penned the script for the film, which is being produced by Tatum, Reid Carolin, Lauren Shuler Donner andSimon Kinberg.

Gambit, a mutant with the ability to harness kinetic energy, is one of the more recently-created X-characters (created in 1990 by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee) but quickly established himself as a fan favorite. He is also a thief and hailed from New Orleans, often speaking in a Cajun accent.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just watched Age of Ultron and I thought it kind of sucked. A few good moments here and there but I'm not a fan of continuously breaking the 4th wall for a laugh and constantly acknowledging criticisms of the last movie. Just took me out of the movie, and the romance between Bruce Banner and Black Widow was gag worthy. You're seriously comparing being sterile with growing into a 2 ton beast every time you get angry?

If the film was meant to be a comedy then they did a bang up job.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'X-Men' Spinoff 'Gambit' Lands Director Rupert Wyatt

Twentieth Century Fox’s X-Men spinoff Gambit has found its director.

Rupert Wyatt, who directed Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes, will direct the comic book movie that has Channing Tatumattached to star, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The project is one of the studio’s priorities and has a release date of Oct. 7, 2016.

Josh Zetumer penned the script for the film, which is being produced by Tatum, Reid Carolin, Lauren Shuler Donner andSimon Kinberg.

Gambit, a mutant with the ability to harness kinetic energy, is one of the more recently-created X-characters (created in 1990 by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee) but quickly established himself as a fan favorite. He is also a thief and hailed from New Orleans, often speaking in a Cajun accent.
Wasn't Gambit the one that threw playing cards?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Gambit the one that threw playing cards?
Yes, but the cards are just the vehicle for his power. He can manipulate kinetic energy (or something like that) so he charges a card then throws the card and it explodes.

He was in Origins:Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch. I believe this will be a reboot for the character, though.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the cards are just the vehicle for his power. He can manipulate kinetic energy (or something like that) so he charges a card then throws the card and it explodes.

He was in Origins:Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch. I believe this will be a reboot for the character, though.
yeah I remember that guy

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here thinks Deadpool will alot be better than Age of Ultron?

Couldn't be any worse, that's a film where comedy would actually work too.

(btw good luck trading Embiid for a proven guard at this point)

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't be any worse, that's a film where comedy would actually work too.

(btw good luck trading Embiid for a proven guard at this point)
When the dude overcome his health issue, his worth would rise instantly. Embiid is a legit big man at the paint. He was already being compared to HOF centers when he was still in college if you knew that.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the dude overcome his health issue, his worth would rise instantly. Embiid is a legit big man at the paint. He was already being compared to HOF centers when he was still in college if you knew that.

Sorry to get this thread off topic.

Depends on what you mean by proven guard, if we're talking mid-tier then it's possible if he overcomes his injury issues. If you're looking for a star PG then I don't think there's much of a chance. Not trying to bash the 6ers or anything.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC flexed their muscles this weekend unleashing their Michael Jordan and Jerry Rice of Superheroes in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Fox continues to impress with unveiling of Deadpool and X-Men Apocalyse.

Deadpool is the crude, raunchy, foul mouthed superhero that we all deserve.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide Squad trailer.

What do you guys think of Leto's Joker voice and delivery?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide Squad trailer.

What do you guys think of Leto's Joker voice and delivery?

I couldn't tell from the poor sound quality, but it sounds like he's trying to make a carbon copy voice of ledgers voice. It was pretty good in the limited amount of time he had in the trailer, but I hope he isn't too over the top in the entire movie. Is he supposed to be the bad guy in it? Or is he with the suicide squad?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here thinks Deadpool will alot be better than Age of Ultron?

Not sure, but I definitely think it will be in some sort of sub-category on it's own. The clip that was leaked from this year's SDCC was very much in the vein of the comics.

I was far more intrigued by that, that anything else Marvel or DC related. As a matter of fact, the more leaks regarding the Joker that I see and hear, the more I think Leto's Joker is going to be terrible. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but it appears they basically made the Joker a doucher, not a criminal mastermind and sadistic monster, then they called it a day.

I feel a little better about Batman vs. Superman, but I couldn't have felt much worse after the first trailer. Also, so far Lex really disappoints me. Jessie looked and sounded like a weak, little bitch. I never ever thought of Lex as weak until I saw that clip. Hopefully it was a misrepresentation of his character in that movie.

The FF4 seem boring. They did come out after the Deadpool cast this weekend though, so they were probably screwed from the start. Besides that, I haven't seen an interesting clip yet. The FF4 would probably be better off if they weren't with Fox. They could potentially get linked to the Guardians of the Galaxy in a crossover down the road, which would be better off down the road for that series anyway.

I haven't checked out much for X-Men: Apocalypse yet. I heard Munn was a dud on the panel, but what else is new? That chic has been overrated for years. Hopefully she doesn't suck it up in the movie, especially since she is apparently a horseman.