• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone Picking OK State

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodd, Feldman, Fowler, Fornelli, Hinnen, and Patterson all picked them over the Longhorns at home.

Vegas has us as @ home dogs.

6 straight conference wins + @ home vs a team we beat last year = no respect. :noidea:

Absolutely not.

I take longhorns straight up. Nothing against Okie St, the longhorns are resilient team though. I think early it'll look like the pokes will crush them but Texas will come back and win.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodd, Feldman, Fowler, Fornelli, Hinnen, and Patterson all picked them over the Longhorns at home.

6 straight conference wins + @ home vs a team we beat last year = no respect. :noidea:

Getting rolled by BYU and Ole Miss is still fresh in their minds, which I don't blame. Getting dominated by a pair of average teams is fucking embarrassing. Grant it, Texas is not that team anymore since Diaz was fired and Robinson took over, but Texas has no business losing to BYU and an SEC bottom feeder, whom we dropped 66 on last year mind you.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds oh so familiar. Nebraska only plays well when everything is in disarray and their backs are against the wall. Any inkling of success is soon to be followed by a big thud. Hence Pelini being on the hot seat.

So, the question for me is: Do I pick the Huskers in the pick ems?

I picked them first, then the next day, went back with MSU. But, being a fan of the Horns, I'm into this 'back against the wall, coaches fighting for their jobs, us-against-the-world thing.

So, should I go back with the Huskers?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking the Horns, by the way. Hook'em!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the question for me is: Do I pick the Huskers in the pick ems?

I picked them first, then the next day, went back with MSU. But, being a fan of the Horns, I'm into this 'back against the wall, coaches fighting for their jobs, us-against-the-world thing.

So, should I go back with the Huskers?

LOL. Yep. "Us against the world".

Wish I could give you some sound advice, but I think the game's a coin-flip.

About the only clear advantage Nebraska has is it's in Lincoln. In it's history, Michigan St has never beaten Nebraska, but I don't put much stock in that.
Michigan St's defense hasn't played the rushing team Nebraska is, but Nebraska's O-line is a MASH unit. Ameer Abdullah's gonna have to get some tough yds on his own, but he is capable. Nebraska's playing a RS Freshman QB who's bound to make some mistakes if the plan is to keep him in the pocket. Michigan St's offense is improved over the first part of the year. Their RB Langford has had four 100+ yd performances in a row and Nebraska's rushing defense has only played well the last 6 quarters. I guess the question is, is Nebraska's two win's considered success yet?

I'm taking MSU because I win either way. I get the points if MSU wins, I get a Nebraska victory if the Huskers win.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everyone" isn't picking Okie State. Just the guys that follow CFB, live outside of Texas, and have money bet.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright RA, thanks for the insight.

And yeah all, I know the only people picking Texas are the lone few delusional Texas fans...but what the hell, I'm picking em too! lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Ok St.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everyone" isn't picking Okie State. Just the guys that follow CFB, live outside of Texas, and have money bet.

It was even more so leading up to the Tex/OU game.

Just hoping can doing it again.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20131114_125359-1.jpg

Austin Longhorn Club today. We all hoping for one more win...

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yeah all, I know the only people picking Texas are the lone few delusional Texas fans...but what the hell, I'm picking em too! lol

Jefe, no shame in pulling for your team. Afterall this isn't Texas vs. Rice. This should be a great game right on the edge of the line. The issue isn't weather this is a good matchup, it is a Longhorn goober questioning how any sane person could see anything but a 40 point Texas win.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got them in both my pickem's. :suds:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good thing for me is, I'll be at the game. I always seem to stress less when I'm at the game, as opposed to watching them on TV. Not sure why. I know it'll most likely be another stressful game. As long as my team plays hard, I can deal better with whatever the outcome. Last week's game 'bout killed me though.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just one of those games where you hope both teams lose.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. I've had Texas from the start in espins pick'em but I saw a stat yesterday that has me concerned. The records of the teams that Texas has beaten overall, sucks.

I think Texas is a decent team but I don't think they are going to win the B12. The meat of their schedule starts tomorrow and runs the rest of the season. They're gonna lose at least 2 of the remaining 3 games.

I might change my pick later today. :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I've had Texas from the start in espins pick'em but I saw a stat yesterday that has me concerned. The records of the teams that Texas has beaten overall, sucks.

I think Texas is a decent team but I don't think they are going to win the B12. The meat of their schedule starts tomorrow and runs the rest of the season. They're gonna lose at least 2 of the remaining 3 games.

I might change my pick later today. :lol:

Their injury bug gives me some trepidation, but I'm sticking with them.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win they have to blow us out. If the game is even remotely close we have the worlds best 4th quarter comeback QB ever (since Major Applewhite) in Case McCoy.

Seriously, the kid will pull some kind of magic trick outta his ass if it's close late.

errrrr, Colt did more 4th Q and last drive comeback wins than God.