• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eventual Question Will Arise......Tony Romo or Dak Prescott?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...From the little I've seen of him, Dak throws a much better "deep ball" and go route than Tony. He just has a better touch on it. However, Tony is great at those long outs. So I think we are trying to cover multiple things with one stat. Maybe Dunbar breaks a 90 yarder on a screen pass this week and then your stat says he is the best in the league at throwing the deep ball???:noidea:

Dak never had deep threats at MSU. His best deep throw is a back shoulder deep fade IMO. They surprisingly haven't done it yet.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak never had deep threats at MSU. His best deep throw is a back shoulder deep fade IMO. They surprisingly haven't done it yet.
I'm going off of preseason and I'm not talking about back shoulder throws. We never saw that kind of accuracy on deep balls from Romo.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going off of preseason and I'm not talking about back shoulder throws. We never saw that kind of accuracy on deep balls from Romo.

He has had chances supposedly- he just hasn't chosen that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...From the little I've seen of him, Dak throws a much better "deep ball" and go route than Tony. He just has a better touch on it. However, Tony is great at those long outs. So I think we are trying to cover multiple things with one stat. Maybe Dunbar breaks a 90 yarder on a screen pass this week and then your stat says he is the best in the league at throwing the deep ball???:noidea:

I think that stat would be little more misleading on that end than where it is now.

Stats are facts. But you and most people here understand that stats should be taken as a chapter in a book. Not the entire story. Dak, has no TD's & no Ints ...not even sure what to say about that.

Push comes to shove, Romo's production year in and year out is something teams would kill for.
Minus the injuries, Romo has just gotten better with age.

I'm praying Dak becomes a top 10 QB. Until he shows us all the skills to be one, it's a easy decision to give the rock back to Tony when he is ready.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy
IF Dak throws the ball to his left when he stepped up on his TD run, he woulda had a passing TD to witten, whos man came up when Dak stepped up.

we get a win and people want to throw stones at no TD passes by our rookie QB thru 2 games?

Crazy...we give skin fans a run for their money...:L:L:L

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak will get his TD passes. In watching Wentz last night- he only cared about the W. If his WRs had hands he would have thrown for 300 plus with 3 or 4 TDs. U could tell it was all about the next play with him. When that gun sounded at the end - I think he was the happiest guy out there. People talk about poise and calmness when talking Dak, which are good traits. With Wentz I think the word is command. Both of them have had great starts.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak will get his TD passes. In watching Wentz last night- he only cared about the W. If his WRs had hands he would have thrown for 300 plus with 3 or 4 TDs. U could tell it was all about the next play with him. When that gun sounded at the end - I think he was the happiest guy out there. People talk about poise and calmness when talking Dak, which are good traits. With Wentz I think the word is command. Both of them have had great starts.

Wentz did it against possibly the two worst teams in the league. Dak's level of competition was a little better, just saying...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz did it against possibly the two worst teams in the league. Dak's level of competition was a little better, just saying...

As I have said about Dak, the same thing about Wentz - they don't look like rookies.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said about Dak, the same thing about Wentz - they don't look like rookies.

I haven't seen enough of Wentz to have a firm opinion just yet. He looks very good, no doubt. Despite how things looked to be going for the Eagles this off season, Howie Roseman looks to have pulled a rabbit out of his hat. He landed a seemingly franchise signal caller, and also was able to recoup a lot of the cost it took to get Wentz by trading Bradford for a 1st and 4th. Certainly some of that was luck of the draw with the Vikings all of a sudden needing a QB. They are sitting pretty after unloading all those bad contracts, landing Wentz and trading Bradford. Those lucky fuckers...

Dak, I have seen enough. This kid is the real deal, and I have complete confidence in him going forward - we got lucky! I am actually excited for him to be able to start several games and then most likely take a seat behind Romo. To be able to give Dak actual playing experience and then let him sit behind a great QB and learn, all in the 1st year, is going to be invaluable for his development, I believe.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally believe a starter does not lose his job because of injury.

What happens is that the coaches discover a better player while the injured player is recovering.

Look at Tom Brady, for example.

You all have had Romo around for 14 years and he's had all the time in the world to take the Cowboys to the next level, but he can't win the big one. And now, he's breaking down physically.

Time to move on.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will come back and when he gets hurt again Dak will take over till romo recovers rinse repeat

Simply because of the contract Romo has the Boys cant jettison Romo till after next season

JMHO

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all have had Romo around for 14 years and he's had all the time in the world to take the Cowboys to the next level, but he can't win the big one. And now, he's breaking down physically.

Time to move on.

First of all .........Romo has been a starter for 10 seasons and been with the BOYS for 13 seasons counting this year
And a quarterback can only play quarterback.......He can't be GM or coach or play defense.
But the DALLAS COWBOYS as a TEAM, have lost big games.
A QB gets too much credit for wins, and too much credit for losses. (see also Denver Broncos 2015)
And Romo's stats are about as good as any QB in the NFL, and better than Aikman's and Staubach's

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preemptive strike???

in the last 5 years, the DALLAS COWBOYS have won 2 games without Tony Romo as QB

I believe their record is 2 and 14...without Romo

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens is that the coaches discover a better player while the injured player is recovering.

Look at Tom Brady, for example.

Time to move on.

It's a team game, slick.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey when I thought Romo would miss up to 10 games, I was ready to move on. Now that its more like 4 or 5 games My feeling has changed, besides like Colors said because of his contract we are married to Romo for better or worse. Hopefully Dak can lead us to about 4-2. Back to Wentz I think he is going to be special and I wish we had a shot at him, but we all know how the draft went. I was ecstatic when we got Zeke (boy am I worried about him though). Wintz is gonna be a stud, but the boy better learn how to slide or he'll be the next RG3.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the last 5 years, the DALLAS COWBOYS have won 2 games without Tony Romo as QB

I believe their record is 2 and 14...without Romo
They are 1-1 this year with a 4th round rookie playing and easily could be 2-0. Who cares what a crappy or mediocre Dallas team in the past did with crappy to mediocre QBs starting? And for the record when a guy cripples your cap he hurts who you can bring in at other positions and thus weakens the rest of your team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey when I thought Romo would miss up to 10 games, I was ready to move on. Now that its more like 4 or 5 games My feeling has changed, besides like Colors said because of his contract we are married to Romo for better or worse. Hopefully Dak can lead us to about 4-2. Back to Wentz I think he is going to be special and I wish we had a shot at him, but we all know how the draft went. I was ecstatic when we got Zeke (boy am I worried about him though). Wintz is gonna be a stud, but the boy better learn how to slide or he'll be the next RG3.
What makes you think Romo only misses 4 or 5 games? I'm guessing (key word guessing) it's a minimum of 8.
Straight up right now I take Dak over Wentz and for me it is not a tough decision.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think Romo only misses 4 or 5 games? I'm guessing (key word guessing) it's a minimum of 8.
Straight up right now I take Dak over Wentz and for me it is not a tough decision.

Wow. That's a bold statement.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's a bold statement.
Why is that bold? Draft spot means absolutely nothing once the draft is over. I think Dak is going to be a very good QB in this league. Still not sure about Wentz. If they held a redraft today I would be taking Dak with our first pick.