• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eventual Question Will Arise......Tony Romo or Dak Prescott?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article makes sense. I have thought for a while that it would be tough to take Dak out with the chemistry and magic the group has shown this season. It was mentioned a few weeks back that a full blown Qb competition that might take place. 25 yrs ago - maybe. With the new practice rules though every snap is so important. Dak needs them all if he is going to be properly prepared for Sunday's. There was a pic of today taking a shot gun snap. Dunbar was beside him, Lucky was split wide. The OLine looked small. In other words it was the second team. Laughable almost. He has a heck of a lot more self control than I ever would.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tony's smart," Jones told Breer Wednesday. "He's very bright. And so when he came out and said it, in the end, I don't think it took him long to figure that wouldn't be a great thing for the team. We've got a good thing, and no one wants Dak looking over his shoulder."

I kind of disagree. Dak better not feel like the competition is over. Yeah, no one wants him thinking a bad half of football is going to cost him the job, but if he stinks it up Romo is coming in. That's one of the benefits of having both.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to think long and hard about what to do with Romo. Nobody wants to handcuff the future of this franchise to keep Romo on the roster.

But at the same time you look around the NFL and you see how fast fortunes can change for the younger QB's.
They can regress in a heartbeat. Cam was the MVP last year, yesterday he had a 42% completion rate. 10 ints last year, he has 7 already this year.

Than again, is any price too high to keep butt fumble from being the #1 back up again?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to think long and hard about what to do with Romo. Nobody wants to handcuff the future of this franchise to keep Romo on the roster.

But at the same time you look around the NFL and you see how fast fortunes can change for the younger QB's.
They can regress in a heartbeat. Cam was the MVP last year, yesterday he had a 42% completion rate. 10 ints last year, he has 7 already this year.

Than again, is any price too high to keep butt fumble from being the #1 back up again?
I think the Cowboys would be smart to play it week to week for the remainder of this season and not worry about anything else....which seems to be what Tony is saying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree, but not with the Cam example. He has been in the league for a while now and always overrated during his good streaks. The most important attribute for any QB IMO is accuracy and I have never seen that with Cam.

To me it's injury and the fact that Dak has only played half a season. I'm not concerned AT ALL about next year. If Dak gets through this entire season without Romo taking the job back I feel very confident he will be fine going forward. I cut/trade Romo if helps the team and keep him if that is what helps, but that's a question for next year. As of today I still say Dak is the best QB on the Cowboys roster this week. Not better for chemistry, not better for momentum, just a better player. Now if he falters and starts to show he isn't the guy that has been out there for the first half of the year I put Romo in without hesitation, hope he can stay healthy and may even I look at him as my 2017 QB until proven otherwise. Right now all we know is this next game. The rest will figure itself out over time

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play hypotheticals. Let's say Dak has the same stats minus the OT TD to Wit and we lose to the Eagles. Let's say we also lose to the Steelers. So instead of 8-1, we are 6-3 but Dak has still been outstanding. Do you still think Dak is Qb1. From JJs comments yesterday he said Dak is allowed to have a couple of bad games going forward. Dak isn't coming out. I do think the chemistry and momentum has something to do with the decision. I'm not trying to stir the pot here. I'm being serious. I think this is Stephen and JGs decision all the way, not Jerrys.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys would be smart to play it week to week for the remainder of this season and not worry about anything else....which seems to be what Tony is saying.

I have watched his so called conceding speech at least 13 times, cried only 10 for those counting- but the thing I began to notice was how careful he chose his words. He said Dak has earned the right to be the starting QB. To me he is not saying he should be one way or the other.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class guy. Simple thing, but how many players would have done this:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RGlll
Kaepernick

They were the next great QBs.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've, but I'm also a person who sometimes picks up others trash if I'm walking by it.

I hear yea,

The steel bed frames that people throw out, it's perfect angle iron that I'll always need sooner or later.
I pray that the wife is with me when I find some.

The look of embarrassment on her face is worth more than a bed frame made of gold.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit this was pretty funny. saw this on main board

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I must have really busted you up that night. As much shit that you have spewed on here to others.....

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett, in his (2nd game) Giant's post game press conference, seemed to be aggravated by the question as to whether he considered putting Tony Romo in. Did Garrett expect anything else?
In some ways, the COWBOY'S coaches and management have made their own bed. They didn't give Romo a chance to compete for a job he had for over ten years.
And now, I can't see them pulling Dak out, under any conditions. They have to feel Dak is the franchise QB of the COWBOY'S future. Dak has to learn what it means, to be the QB of the DALLAS COWBOYS.
And Romo put the issue to rest with his speech.
Joe Montana was on the bench for the 49ers in the 1992 NFC Championship game when the COWBOYS beat them.

And besides, I think Dak will do great,, the rest of the season.
Young athletes have a great resilience. ( Chicago Cubs....The 2016 World Series Champions)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett, in his (2nd game) Giant's post game press conference, seemed to be aggravated by the question as to whether he considered putting Tony Romo in. Did Garrett expect anything else?
In some ways, the COWBOY'S coaches and management have made their own bed. They didn't give Romo a chance to compete for a job he had for over ten years.
And now, I can't see them pulling Dak out, under any conditions. They have to feel Dak is the franchise QB of the COWBOY'S future. Dak has to learn what it means, to be the QB of the DALLAS COWBOYS.
And Romo put the issue to rest with his speech.
Joe Montana was on the bench for the 49ers in the 1992 NFC Championship game when the COWBOYS beat them.

And besides, I think Dak will do great,, the rest of the season.
Young athletes have a great resilience. ( Chicago Cubs....The 2016 World Series Champions)
Only took the cubs 100 Years.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only took the cubs 100 Years.

Actually it was 108 years in total...but in reality, Theo Epstein has been in charge of the World Champions for just 5 years. Tom Ricketts has owned the CUBS for 7 years. And it has been a pleasure to watch an owner stay out of way, and let his people do their jobs without his interference.

I can remember when the COWBOYS had a "real" GM and a "football guy".
That was about 22 years ago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Dak deserved to play the entire game because even when he struggled in other games he won the games at the end and we were never out of this game. He obviously did not play well, but I don't really think he had much of a chance. The receivers just couldn't really get open from what I saw and they weren't all of a sudden going to get open for Romo. But Dak is the QB and he's gotta make something happen on the plays where it is there. I said all along how great it was to have Romo as a backup, so with Dak struggling I would have had no problem if Garrett sent Romo in looking for a jump start. It doesn't bother me if it creates a controversy or not. That's for people who are more interested in headlines than Football games. We will likely need Romo at some point and getting him a series or two wasn't going to hurt us Sunday night. But to be honest he looked like he was in Siberia the way he was dressed. I'm not sure he could have come off the bench and played very well from watching him on the sideline anyway. So while I wouldn't have put Romo in I would have been fine if Garrett wanted to. Romo is still Romo until he shows us otherwise.