• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eventual Question Will Arise......Tony Romo or Dak Prescott?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't a banning, we had a server issue. Everyone was affected, I could only get signed in by checking the "keep logged in" box. I couldn't get to the admin panel either until Shaggy reset the server. It started for me Friday night and finally fixed on Sunday I think.
then I stand corrected

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he plays now, his career in Dallas is over after this season. This is Daks team next season, and their not paying Romo 20M to hold a clip board.

I don't know about that.

I assume you understand the contract details better than I do and I know business is business.
But I'm sure you will agree that Romo has a special relationship with this franchise and with Jerry I might add.

I have a hard time believing that Romo would be traded or cut.
I'm thinking they would go to all ends to work something out.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that.

I assume you understand the contract details better than I do and I know business is business.
But I'm sure you will agree that Romo has a special relationship with this franchise and with Jerry I might add.

You think Romo wants to sit on the bench behind somebody he knows he is better than??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo will ask for his release and they will give him the Favre treatment to keep him away from certain teams that could hurt them

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Romo wants to sit on the bench behind somebody he knows he is better than??

I think Romo remains a team first guy, wants to win and isn't thinking about anything beyond this season.

darn shame you can't be more like tony with regards to all this

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo remains a team first guy, wants to win and isn't thinking about anything beyond this season.

darn shame you can't be more like tony with regards to all this

He is talking about next year. Don't u think if Romo knew it was going this way- he would have asked for a trade. Remember he is a competitor.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is talking about next year. Don't u think if Romo knew it was going this way- he would have asked for a trade. Remember he is a competitor.
you've driven me from this board. I'd rather tap dance with the Arizona & seattle fans on the general board than read your mindless 3rd grade drival about Tony Romo.
:thumb::suds::eek::L:nod::nono::pound:

:trash:

:kissass:

Have a great Day!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you've driven me from this board. I'd rather tap dance with the Arizona & seattle fans on the general board than read your mindless 3rd grade drival about Tony Romo.
:thumb::suds::eek::L:nod::nono::pound:

:trash:

:kissass:

Have a great Day!!

Sorry man. According to Tom , I have a tendency to flip flop my opinions. I was just making it clear where I stood.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't a banning, we had a server issue. Everyone was affected, I could only get signed in by checking the "keep logged in" box. I couldn't get to the admin panel either until Shaggy reset the server. It started for me Friday night and finally fixed on Sunday I think.
Glad to hear Ford. Didn't want to poke my nose into the middle of it, not knowing if I knew all the info, but would have been disappointed if PDay was singled out again. Heck, if he deserves a ban so do I and probably most of us...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wank::hail:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that.

Cutting Romo post 6/1/17 would be the best scenario if it were clear he was not going to be the starter. But, what is he worth as insurance? Cutting him saves us $5M in 2017 from a cap perspective and $14M in cash and then another $9M in 2018 from a cap perspective. If we are in the SB picture I can see it being a discussion. If we aren't he's gone and there is little use for him. If healthy and traded, he only costs his new team $14M in 2017 if he doesn't want to restructure. So i'd think we could get value for him IF HEALTHY...but like I've said many times over the last year and a half I don't know that he is ever healthy again...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Romo post 6/1/17 would be the best scenario if it were clear he was not going to be the starter. But, what is he worth as insurance? Cutting him saves us $5M in 2017 from a cap perspective and $14M in cash and then another $9M in 2018 from a cap perspective. If we are in the SB picture I can see it being a discussion. If we aren't he's gone and there is little use for him. If healthy and traded, he only costs his new team $14M in 2017 if he doesn't want to restructure. So i'd think we could get value for him IF HEALTHY...but like I've said many times over the last year and a half I don't know that he is ever healthy again...

Do you think they would actually tie his hands??? What I mean is keep him as a backup against what he wants to do

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future is Prescott.....we've found this much out. But, throw Romo out there and see what he has left. If it's not much.....part ways in the offseason and go with Prescott. If he has some gas left, Prescott can learn under him like Rodgers did under Favre for a few more seasons.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think will happen is Romo will start and get hurt again.....even if he only plays the last 3-4 games and they go with Prescott moving forward,

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they would actually tie his hands??? What I mean is keep him as a backup against what he wants to do
I hope they will do what is best for the team. If they do otherwise I don't want them running my team...Team>player

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they will do what is best for the team. If they do otherwise I don't want them running my team...Team>player

That's bad business man. You don't treat people that way. Call it what you want. Team greater than player - I get that but this is different. Got to go to practice.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think will happen is Romo will start and get hurt again.....even if he only plays the last 3-4 games and they go with Prescott moving forward,
nope....Romo remains what he's always been.
Quality Person!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before conceding, Tony Romo reportedly asked Cowboys for chance to win back job
Tony Romo made one last plea for an opportunity to earn the starting quarterback job in Dallas

These 39 words tell you all you need to know about Tony Romo:

"If you think for a second that I don't want to be out there, then you've probably never felt the pure ecstasy of competing and winning. That hasn't left me. In fact, it may burn more now than ever."

Romo made those remarks on Tuesday in what amounted to a concession speech that recognized rookie Dak Prescott as the Cowboys' starting quarterback.

And while the now-backup has been widely applauded for his words, he was certainly hoping for a different outcome. In fact, according to TheMMQB.com's Albert Breer, Romo approached team officials last week about the possibility of competing with Prescott in practice for the No. 1 job. Breer broached the topic with Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones.

"Tony's smart," Jones told Breer Wednesday. "He's very bright. And so when he came out and said it, in the end, I don't think it took him long to figure that wouldn't be a great thing for the team. We've got a good thing, and no one wants Dak looking over his shoulder."

Plus, the idea of sharing snaps in mid-November is a tough sell for a team that has had so much success over the first two months of the season.

"I think [Romo] understands that," Jones said. "As a competitor, does he want it? Yes. He wouldn't be in the NFL if he didn't have that burning in his belly. He's dying to get out there. And we talked all offseason, he's never been this fired up about a team, he couldn't wait. And now to see it work like he thought it would, and the team doing something special, and to want back in, that's not selfish. It's just hard. He's tremendously unselfish, because he understands it."

Both Stephen and Jerry Jones are extremely close to Romo, who has been in Dallas longer than Troy Aikman was. And the decision to turn officially turn the offense over to Prescott wasn't an easy one -- but it was the right one.

"We've got supreme confidence that Dak is our future," Jones continued. "We've just seen too much. And you may say, 'Well, it's only been nine games.' No, it's the full body of work. And it's not just on the field, it's off the field too. It's how he handles every situation-bringing us back down two scores in San Francisco; last week, he leads the game-winning drive twice in Pittsburgh; coming back against Philly.

"He keeps checking every box."

And as difficult as it is to accept, even Romo understands this.