• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eugenie Bouchard escapes to Nevada desert to practise social distancing during coronavirus pandemic

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a high ball is even more difficult to handle with a 2 hander. a 1 hander can either chip early or stretch and use a high slice. chipping early and hitting slice with a 2 hander is not that easy. it's probably more about nadals great forehand and federers strategy that gives him problems.

nadal has dominated federer on clay, along with everyone else. federer has beaten nadal 7 of the last 8 times.

federer is 7 years older than djokovic. i'd take prime federer over prime joker all day long. had federer played more all court tennis against joker at wimbledon, he wins easily.

Disagree on the first point but 2 handers use the 1H slice as well. Almost noone hits a 2H slice. I agree with the rest but Fed does not win because of the 1H backhand, he wins in spite of it just like Sampras. Their serves give them a huge advantage over most other players. They can place it on a dime. Even though Fed does not have nearly the same power, he is so accurate it is very difficult to hit a decent return which sets up his FH. The BH is totally inconsequential to his success.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
additionally, we are talking about the use of a one hander in the women's game, which is completely different.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one chip and charges anymore. It's obsolete in this day and age and there is a reason for it.

there are many all court players, today, who approach the net frequently.

and chip and and charging behind a short ball is still a common tactic.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are many all court players, today, who approach the net frequently.

and chip and and charging behind a short ball is still a common tactic.
approaching the net still happens but for an era, that was how the game was played.

chip and charge is extinct.

The Lost Art of Chip and Charge

also, a chip is not anything near the same thing as a one handed backhand.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on the first point but 2 handers use the 1H slice as well. Almost noone hits a 2H slice. I agree with the rest but Fed does not win because of the 1H backhand, he wins in spite of it just like Sampras. Their serves give them a huge advantage over most other players. They can place it on a dime. Even though Fed does not have nearly the same power, he is so accurate it is very difficult to hit a decent return which sets up his FH. The BH is totally inconsequential to his success.

assuming fed and sampras would have been better of with 2 handers is nothing but hypothetical nonsense. the 1 hander perfectly compliments fed's variety, and sampras's attacking net game.

i'm sure fed can hit a two handed backhand. he prefers the one handed backhand for reason.

just because a player doesn't hit a lot of winners off a one handed backhand, doesn't mean it isn't effective. it's more versatile, by varying spin, slice, topspin, flat, has better reach for more court coverage, and it's easier to chip, charge, and volley short balls.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming fed and sampras would have been better of with 2 handers is nothing but hypothetical nonsense. the 1 hander perfectly compliments fed's variety, and sampras's attacking net game.

i'm sure fed can hit a two handed backhand. he prefers the one handed backhand for reason.

just because a player doesn't hit a lot of winners off a one handed backhand, doesn't mean it isn't effective. it's more versatile, by varying spin, slice, topspin, flat, has better reach for more court coverage, and it's easier to chip, charge, and volley short balls.
you know a player with a two handed backhand can do all that too? They aren't limited just because they hit a two handed backhand. Their hands aren't fucking glued to the grip.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
approaching the net still happens but for an era, that was how the game was played.

chip and charge is extinct.

The Lost Art of Chip and Charge

also, a chip is not anything near the same thing as a one handed backhand.

notice he calls it the 'lost art.'

i never said it wise to chip and charge on a 130mph serve. but you'll see it often any time there's a weak serve or a short ball during a rally.

much easier to slice or chip with a one hander than 2 hander.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know a player with a two handed backhand can do all that too? They aren't limited just because they hit a two handed backhand. Their hands aren't fucking glued to the grip.

few do. it's just not as versatile.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
notice he calls it the 'lost art.'

i never said it wise to chip and charge on a 130mph serve. but you'll see it often any time there's a weak serve or a short ball during a rally.

much easier to slice or chip with a one hander than 2 hander.
no one slices with a 2 hander

and just because their baseline stroke is done with 2 hands it does not mean they don't have the ability to his a slice or a chip.

this is a dumb discussion.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one slices with a 2 hander

and just because their baseline stroke is done with 2 hands it does not mean they don't have the ability to his a slice or a chip.

this is a dumb discussion.

do you actually play tennis? just curious?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you actually play tennis? just curious?
lol

yes, I play tennis.

I hit a 2 handed backhand and have no trouble hitting a chip or a backhand slice.

I told you the benefit of the 1 handed backhand in one of my first posts, quicker to get the racquet back, less mechanics going into the stroke.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every pro tennis player in the world knows how to hit a BH slice. You are talking out of your ass now.

never said they didn't how to slice. just said it's easier with a one hander, and the better all court players hit with one hand.

now go have your temper tantrum elsewhere.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djokovic and Nadal have two of the best backhand slices in the game and they hit two handed backhands.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never said they didn't how to slice. just said it's easier with a one hander, and the better all court players hit with one hand.

now go have your temper tantrum elsewhere.

And every player know how to hit a 1 hand BH slice. And well at that. Those that hit 2 handed topspins all hit 1 handed slices.

The difference is the 2 handed topspin is more powerful and more accurate then the 1 hander.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

yes, I play tennis.

I hit a 2 handed backhand and have no trouble hitting a chip or a backhand slice.

I told you the benefit of the 1 handed backhand in one of my first posts, quicker to get the racquet back, less mechanics going into the stroke.

i'm ranked top 10 in the southwest in the seniors.

and how often do you approach the net and finish the point at the net. probably only when there's a short ball.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And every player know how to hit a 1 hand BH slice. And well at that. Those that hit 2 handed topspins all hit 1 handed slices.

The difference is the 2 handed topspin is more powerful and more accurate then the 1 hander.

i just said that. go take a pill.

there's no rule that says a 2 hander is more powerful and accurate than a 1 hander.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just said that. go take a pill.

there's no rule that says a 2 hander is more powerful and accurate than a 1 hander.

Yes there is. You are just being thick headed.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm ranked top 10 in the southwest in the seniors.

and how often do you approach the net and finish the point at the net. probably only when there's a short ball.
ok, cool

I approach when I need to approach. Usually it is on a short ball unless attacking the net is part of my strategy.

I also approach on a lob or a good slice approach shot that gives me appropriate time