• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eugenie Bouchard escapes to Nevada desert to practise social distancing during coronavirus pandemic

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not much else going on. eugenie obviously very concerned about her tennis.

Eugenie Bouchard escapes to Nevada desert for her own kind of social distancing

bouchard.png

Reactions: gob

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood go Tarzan on her even in the desert

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would stay within 6 inches of her at all times.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She could be the next Bond girl!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she went hiking

the second post in the bikini is a throwback Thursday post.

she posted this on April 1 where she talks about how she is switching to a 1-handed backhand

I think she has a good twohander

Learning a 1 hander is fine. Switching to it would be retarded.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...I have experimented. Getting your racquet back with a one hander is much quicker and that is important when you get older and your reaction time goes down. Returning a serve to your backhand side with a one hander can save you some precious milliseconds.

you may lose it as a viable weapon right away, but you can't win points if you aren't getting the ball back. Perfect time for her to learn it with the season on hold.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the one handed backhand is a more versatile shot, enables more court coverage, and is more compatible with an all court game.

i think the reason there are more 2 handers than 1 handers, in the pro's, is simply because players learn them at a very your age, before they are strong enough to hit a one hander and never switch over. not because a 2 handed bh is superior.

the one handed backhand served federer, sampras, laver, henin, graf, navratilova quit well. pretty good players.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one handed backhand is a more versatile shot, enables more court coverage, and is more compatible with an all court game.

i think the reason there are more 2 handers than 1 handers, in the pro's, is simply because players learn them at a very your age, before they are strong enough to hit a one hander and never switch over. not because a 2 handed bh is superior.

the one handed backhand served federer, sampras, laver, henin, graf, navratilova quit well. pretty good players.
same can be said for some who use the two-hander

I don't think anyone is saying it isn't a useful shot but to learn it later in your career can be tough.

Bouchard isn't really tearing the WTA apart so many this is a change her game needed...like Halep getting the boob reduction.

I like Bouchard and would like to see her succeed.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same can be said for some who use the two-hander

I don't think anyone is saying it isn't a useful shot but to learn it later in your career can be tough.

Bouchard isn't really tearing the WTA apart so many this is a change her game needed...like Halep getting the boob reduction.

I like Bouchard and would like to see her succeed.

those are arguably the greatest all court players of all-time, if not the greatest players of all time, each from different era's. if you are going to play an all court game, you'd better be proficient at hitting a 1 handed backhand.

bouchard's biggest problem is not her backhand, it's between her ears.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are arguably the greatest all court players of all-time, if not the greatest players of all time, each from different era's. if you are going to play an all court game, you'd better be proficient at hitting a 1 handed backhand.

bouchard's biggest problem is not her backhand, it's between her ears.
disagree on the first point. You can be successful as an all court player with a two handed backhand.

see Djokovic, Agassi, Nadal, etc

either stroke can be successful.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree on the first point. You can be successful as an all court player with a two handed backhand.

see Djokovic, Agassi, Nadal, etc

either stroke can be successful.

those players are essentially baseliners, although they may venture forward at times. you won't see them go to exclusively slice and dice, chip and charge, serve and volley for any length of time.

not saying there aren't people with 2 handers that don't play a good all court game. jimmy connors is a very good example, an underrated all court player, know more for being a baseliner.

however the goat all court players mostly had 1 handers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...I have experimented. Getting your racquet back with a one hander is much quicker and that is important when you get older and your reaction time goes down. Returning a serve to your backhand side with a one hander can save you some precious milliseconds.

you may lose it as a viable weapon right away, but you can't win points if you aren't getting the ball back. Perfect time for her to learn it with the season on hold.

It has its uses but should be used appropriately. On the run and out wide only. It is more defensive for the most part.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Djoker will be the GOAT when it is all said and done. The 1 hander is not good for high balls (which is why Nadal beats Fed almost every time now) nor for hitting balls that get in tight. It is less stable and more erratic. The 2 hander is more consistent. Need to be able to hit all shots to be a great all court player.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djoker will be the GOAT when it is all said and done. The 1 hander is not good for high balls (which is why Nadal beats Fed almost every time now) nor for hitting balls that get in tight. It is less stable and more erratic. The 2 hander is more consistent. Need to be able to hit all shots to be a great all court player.

a high ball is even more difficult to handle with a 2 hander. a 1 hander can either chip early or stretch and use a high slice. chipping early and hitting slice with a 2 hander is not that easy. it's probably more about nadals great forehand and federers strategy that gives him problems.

nadal has dominated federer on clay, along with everyone else. federer has beaten nadal 7 of the last 8 times.

federer is 7 years older than djokovic. i'd take prime federer over prime joker all day long. had federer played more all court tennis against joker at wimbledon, he wins easily.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those players are essentially baseliners, although they may venture forward at times. you won't see them go to exclusively slice and dice, chip and charge, serve and volley for any length of time.

not saying there aren't people with 2 handers that don't play a good all court game. jimmy connors is a very good example, an underrated all court player, know more for being a baseliner.

however the goat all court players mostly had 1 handers.
no one chip and charges anymore. It's obsolete in this day and age and there is a reason for it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong, I love me a good one hander.

Wawrinka has a beautiful one hander.

but you give up power for speed on the reaction.