• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Etiquette

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Paige Spiranac posted the following regarding standing behind someone when they are putting, saying that it is poor etiquette. It is not against the rules, it's just poor etiquette because you could be considered a distraction.

So my question is, where do you stand? If the golfer who is not putting is standing still, I see no reason why he can't stand wherever they want. If the guy putting can't handle someone watching them putt, they need to strengthen their mental fortitude a little.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very poor etiquette, especially in tournament play. It’s an unsaid rule in golf you don’t stand directly behind a player during a shot or putt. It’s very distracting. You can poke fun all you want, but there’s a reason at the highest level of the game the best players in the world don’t do this. So if you wanna call the elite players of the game mentally soft about this rule, you’re on an island in your thinking.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also poor etiquette because if your shot to come is on the same line, you're getting a direct read on the green.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ageed with Paige. Definitely tacky. Reminds me of the classic "do you breathe in or out on your downswing" line from my junior golf days.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also poor etiquette because if your shot to come is on the same line, you're getting a direct read on the green.
I don't think that is why it is poor etiquette.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play with an assclown who stood behind other players on the tee box when they were teeing off. It is very distracting because if he moves at all your eyes and head automatically pick up his movement and it causes problems. We asked him many times not to do it but he thought it was bullcrap.
He also carried 15 clubs in his bag, would ground his club in the bunker, and release the cart brake in your downswing....should'a just whipped his ass and been done with him. But it's a gentlemans sport,...right?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play with an assclown who stood behind other players on the tee box when they were teeing off. It is very distracting because if he moves at all your eyes and head automatically pick up his movement and it causes problems. We asked him many times not to do it but he thought it was bullcrap.
He also carried 15 clubs in his bag, would ground his club in the bunker, and release the cart brake in your downswing....should'a just whipped his ass and been done with him. But it's a gentlemans sport,...right?
I never see this sort of thing as an issue.

you need to toughen up if someone standing nearby is fucking up your swing that much.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never see this sort of thing as an issue.

you need to toughen up if someone standing nearby is fucking up your swing that much.

Standing nearby ain't the problem. It's the movement, or anticipation, of his movement, that is the problem.
And since I had to 'splain it to ya, then you obviously either don't play, or aren't worth a crap when you do play.
It bothers many people, or there wouldn't be a thread about it, or a quote from Paige S.

You prolly shoot a 100+ so I get it....you can't blame anyone else's actions for your shitty game, but if your worth your salt and maybe have some swag on the game, then peeps shouldn't play mind games like that.

It ain't about " toughening up " jethro, it's about etiquette.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Paige Spiranac posted the following regarding standing behind someone when they are putting, saying that it is poor etiquette. It is not against the rules, it's just poor etiquette because you could be considered a distraction.

So my question is, where do you stand? If the golfer who is not putting is standing still, I see no reason why he can't stand wherever they want. If the guy putting can't handle someone watching them putt, they need to strengthen their mental fortitude a little.

It's kinda like wearing masks or not... If I don't want to wear one....

mind your own fucking business, and strengthen your mental fortitude. Shouldn't be surprised which side of this argument you're on, though.

but otherwise, Paige isn't the first golfer to complain about someone standing in another golfer's sightine.... There was no more than 15 feet between the 2.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why'd you keep inviting him?

Kinda your own fault...

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why'd you keep inviting him?

Kinda your own fault...

He was the GM where I worked...we were good friends actually so he took exception with the rules......was kinda hard to call him out, but we did on occasion. He just laughed it off like the rules didn't apply to him.......:gaah:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the GM where I worked...we were good friends actually so he took exception with the rules......was kinda hard to call him out, but we did on occasion. He just laughed it off like the rules didn't apply to him.......:gaah:

I'd have walked across his putting line.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing nearby ain't the problem. It's the movement, or anticipation, of his movement, that is the problem.
And since I had to 'splain it to ya, then you obviously either don't play, or aren't worth a crap when you do play.
It bothers many people, or there wouldn't be a thread about it, or a quote from Paige S.

You prolly shoot a 100+ so I get it....you can't blame anyone else's actions for your shitty game, but if your worth your salt and maybe have some swag on the game, then peeps shouldn't play mind games like that.

It ain't about " toughening up " jethro, it's about etiquette.
lol

sure thing, bud.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBAD

Pretty simple.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in college, I was catching and a guy from my dorm was batting. His name was Pat Chin. I thought of something that I'd seen written in the elevator. It said, "Sure plays a mean Chin Ball," after the Who tune popular at the time when we had a pinball machine in the dorm.

So, as the pitch came in, I said it. He broke up laughing and missed the pitch.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!

...but in that fheg sport you get lots of chances. If it was to miss a final putt for a championship, you might not have had that chuckle together.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in college, I was catching and a guy from my dorm was batting. His name was Pat Chin. I thought of something that I'd seen written in the elevator. It said, "Sure plays a mean Chin Ball," after the Who tune popular at the time when we had a pinball machine in the dorm.

So, as the pitch came in, I said it. He broke up laughing and missed the pitch.
really don't need to hear about your sexual experiments in college, Deb.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is smoking hot. Damn