• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN reporting Palmer to come in after Jay

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
during the Seattle game. Not sure what to make out of this, maybe Palmer might get to face Seattles #1 unit for a bit and help the coaching staff make a final depth chart decision????

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
during the Seattle game. Not sure what to make out of this, maybe Palmer might get to face Seattles #1 unit for a bit and help the coaching staff make a final depth chart decision????

I thought you meant he was curlers back up before I clicked the link. I think the coaching staff is just doing their job evaluating who will be the best back up by giving Palmer more of a shot with the first team offense. I'll bet clause. Gets the job thought.

On another note, what do you think we do with Fales?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep hearing what a badass this kid is, yet I haven't witness any evidence of it. He made a long loopy pass for a big gain for his first toss in preseason and then followed it up with another long loopy pass for an incompletion...

I don't understand drafting a QB in the late rounds. Supposedly this kid "outplayed Carr in a head to head match up" in college, yet they played against different defenses that game, so I don't know how that is true.

They'll throw him onto the practice squad (because he was a draft pick) in hopes that he'll improve this year, but I don't think he's even good enough for the practice squad.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen looks ok too. He could be our next josh McCown for a few seasons.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen is not the Answer. I would keep Palmer and let him learn under the tutelage of Mr Trestman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need a backup that won't lose games for us, if used. I'm a huge ND guy but I don't like Clausen. I just don't like looking at his squished head. Keep Palmer as the BU and the young kid to groom.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need a backup that won't lose games for us, if used. I'm a huge ND guy but I don't like Clausen. I just don't like looking at his squished head. Keep Palmer as the BU and the young kid to groom.

Irregardless of his squished head, I think he's a better backup under Trestman than Palmer is.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like fair treatment to the guy who spent the majority of the offseason with the team. Give Palmer the first shot after Cutler twice and Clausen once. Come Cleveland those two kids will battle it out. I have a feeling the loser is asked to hang around Chicago, provided he isn't picked up by someone else, just in case. If I were a betting man, I think Clausen gets the job.

As for Fales, I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think he'll make it through waivers (Jim Harbaugh was very high on him coming out of SJSU) and he seems to fit the hold of a developmental Trestman QB (not an overly strong arm, great touch, smart). He's your #3 ... and when Cutler gets injured, stays there.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither one of these guys were the answer to start games during the season. I wont be that surprised when a cut veteran gets signed before the season starts.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither one of these guys were the answer to start games during the season. I wont be that surprised when a cut veteran gets signed before the season starts.

Actually, I would have my doubts, mainly due to un familiarity to Trestman's system by said vet. I believe it is more complex than folks realize and very much dis similar to other systems. So bringing in a cut vet, unless their name is Manning, Brady or Rodgers would be something Emery would not do.

Caveat: I've been known to be wrong.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have a clue. I haven't heard much about the kid from other boards I post on, or news outlets that report on training camp or anything. I can't even tell you that I've seen him play more than just a handful of preseason plays. No idea what they plan to do with him. Practice squad? Get rid of either Palmer or Clausen and use Fales as the 3rd back up on the roster? Just don't know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cade freakin McCown did fine with all the talent we have on the offensive side. Palmer would too. Clauson also I believe. But Palmer has been here in the system longer. Fuck squished face boy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cade freakin McCown did fine with all the talent we have on the offensive side. Palmer would too. Clauson also I believe. But Palmer has been here in the system longer. Fuck squished face boy.

Cade McCown hasn't played football in over 10 years...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I submitted my resume! Flag football Team Captain and everything! I was a legend on our playground!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I submitted my resume! Flag football Team Captain and everything! I was a legend on our playground!
Ya but you live in the mountains, if you throw downhill you can get 2500 yards per completion.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a down and out run by Holmes yesterday, there was double coverage to the inside, Palmer threw the ball way behind Holmes, but he still tried to spin and make a catch, they showed palmer pissy like Jay giving the hand motions like it should have been an in route. If he ran an in the ball would have still been behind him, he threw it before the break.