• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN has Seattle keeping 3 QBs

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks projected roster - ESPN

Just some thoughts on the projected roster.

I don't like keeping three QBs. Jackson is the clear #2 and Pryor is mistake prone. I don't see the point of keeping 3 especially with all the other talent out there.

I'm not sure I buy keeping 6 receivers either. Is Walters really worth having just for the return game?

I'm not too stoked on Jordan Hill, but there really aren't any other option at the DT position.

Also a little surprised they have Farwell and Coyle both making the team.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pryor is worth keeping and developing.

I'm not sure Pryor had the best QB coaching and offensive talent at Oakland.

Mistakes are part of adjusting to a new system.
Remember, he almost won that Denver game at the end with scrubs on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up in the air about keeping Pryor, he has shown some flashes that make me want to hold on to him, but then he has days where he seems lost. BJ Daniels hasn't looked to bad either and if or when he gets cut, the 49ers will snap him up.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up in the air about keeping Pryor, he has shown some flashes that make me want to hold on to him, but then he has days where he seems lost. BJ Daniels hasn't looked to bad either and if or when he gets cut, the 49ers will snap him up.

Yeah, they'd want to get as much of the Seahawks playbook as they can out of him.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, 1 to cut Pryor, 1 to keep Pryor, and 1 don't care a crap one way or the other.

CJ should set up a pole on this thread.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a good bit of Pryor last year in Oakland.
He's inconsistent, but he wound up getting beat up or running for his life behind a poor offense.
When he had time to make plays, he was spectacular at times.

I thought it was brilliant that Seattle got him for a 7th round pick.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farwell appears to have suffered a groin injury that will require surgery during the Bears game. If so, he's done for 2014 and Coyle will be the MLB backup.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind trading Pryor for any of their starting O linemen.

But, I'm probably just strange.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind trading Pryor for any of their starting O linemen.

But, I'm probably just strange.

Geez. You guys are so damn flippant on Pryor.
If handled correctly he is gold.

He has as many 90+ TD yard runs as Tony Dorsett and Walter Payton, and holds the all time record TD run for QBs.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams are willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Pryor would you pull the trigger? I would think yes but a QB is going to know our playbook well which could come back to bite us

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I like Seattle, I live in the area, but you guys are getting arrogant and entitled.
Not sure what sparked that. All I did is mention BJ Daniels, and that I thought the the 49ers would like to
snap him up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't that Pryor isn't worth keeping. Like any young quarterback, consistency is the key and if he can get that, he can be dangerous.

To me, with Jackson having proven himself to be a capable backup here already (not to mention a popular guy in the locker room), it's more about whether Pryor is worth keeping at the expense of a player at another position where there isn't as much quality depth than it is a commentary on his ability. If the Hawks need depth at another position and have someone on the preseason depth chart they want to use, I would think that they'd do what they could to add that guy, even if it meant trading a guy like Pryor, who has talent but is more a luxury than a need at this point, to open up a spot. It's not arrogance or entitlement, it's knowing what we have and where we need help.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't that Pryor isn't worth keeping. Like any young quarterback, consistency is the key and if he can get that, he can be dangerous.

To me, with Jackson having proven himself to be a capable backup here already (not to mention a popular guy in the locker room), it's more about whether Pryor is worth keeping at the expense of a player at another position where there isn't as much quality depth than it is a commentary on his ability. If the Hawks need depth at another position and have someone on the preseason depth chart they want to use, I would think that they'd do what they could to add that guy, even if it meant trading a guy like Pryor, who has talent but is more a luxury than a need at this point, to open up a spot. It's not arrogance or entitlement, it's knowing what we have and where we need help.

I can live with 3 QBs, but I think 6 WRs is a WR too far.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all speculation anyway. None of us knows what the structure of the roster is going to be or what the Seahawks brass think they need vs. where they think they're solid. Maybe they keep 3 QBs or maybe they keep 6 receivers or maybe they do neither of those things. We'll just have to wait and find out. ESPN has never been accused of being on the same wavelength with the Seahawks decision makers anyway, so I wouldn't give a ton of credence to what they think the Hawks will do.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams are willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Pryor would you pull the trigger? I would think yes but a QB is going to know our playbook well which could come back to bite us

If the Rams agreed to give up a third for Pryor, that would be a miracle and should be done in a heart beat. I wouldn't be to worried about the Rams knowing the playbook because their D still needs to execute on the field.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor could end up on the PS. He's athletically gifted, but being thrown to the wolves on the Raiders last year was no way to be groomed as a NFL QB. He's got a lot of work to do, but could turn into something with proper coaching and mentoring. The Raiders provide neither.