• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN has Seattle keeping 3 QBs

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get too arrogant and comfortable.

Seahawks need backups for Wilson.

Honestly, if Wilson goes down the season is done. Pryor isn't going to lead the seahawks to the playoffs even with the top ranked D, he's just not that good. His 90 yd runs are nice, but like you said he's way too inconsistant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor could end up on the PS. He's athletically gifted, but being thrown to the wolves on the Raiders last year was no way to be groomed as a NFL QB. He's got a lot of work to do, but could turn into something with proper coaching and mentoring. The Raiders provide neither.

Pretty sure Pryor is not practice squad eligible at this point. I wouldn't keep him if I were the Seahawks. I would try to work a trade but if not there is just too much depth on this team to let a guy who might actually contribute this year walk to another team. When in a Super Bowl window those little decisions can be huge such as this.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor could end up on the PS. He's athletically gifted, but being thrown to the wolves on the Raiders last year was no way to be groomed as a NFL QB. He's got a lot of work to do, but could turn into something with proper coaching and mentoring. The Raiders provide neither.

I didn't think Pryor could be added to the Ps? I think they want to give him some time to develop, and I think they keep 3 this year. TJax is probably gone next year and we will need a similar type of QB to back up RW.
Pryor has an enormous amount of athletic ability, but he needs to get his accuracy and decision making down.
If he is spending any amount of quality time with RW. He should get better.
For the record... I like Tarvaris as a backup, dude has been solid for the Hawks and is a team player!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolemite, in the NFL your quarterback needs to actually throw the ball. Pryor cant do that.

I would say he can throw it...the problem is from reports that I have been reading he just doesn't have the intellect to handle the position and all that comes with it. Pryor fits that perfect mold for college of looking at your first read and if it isn't open then taking off running. In the NFL that is a quick way to end a career.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor should look into changing positions. There is no shame in doing so because he does have the athletic skills to do so. Look at Mike Rob, good QB at PSU but not an NFL QB, switch positions and turned out to be a great FB. That move added a few more years to his NFL career.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like me some Pryor. Jackson wont be around forever either, and I don't like the idea of carrying him that much longer at 31 years of age. If Pryor goes to the PSquad someone else will likely sign him.

Seattle runs a bit of a different defensive scheme, so it's less likely someone will snipe our defenders over a QB like Pryor. And he's good for a trick play every so often :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like me some Pryor. Jackson wont be around forever either, and I don't like the idea of carrying him that much longer at 31 years of age. If Pryor goes to the PSquad someone else will likely sign him.

Seattle runs a bit of a different defensive scheme, so it's less likely someone will snipe our defenders over a QB like Pryor. And he's good for a trick play every so often :)

It's been brought up, Pryor is not eligible for PS. He either makes the roster or not.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been brought up, Pryor is not eligible for PS. He either makes the roster or not.

Oh got it. Sorry didn't see the other posts. Regardless, I like the idea of Pryor sticking around but might change my mind when ALL roster cuts are made.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 3 will be Daniels, Jackson and with out a doubt no questions asked Wilson. Pryor would be the least helpful QB to any other team. He has Arm talent and is a great runner but he is not even average as a QB. Ignore his rushing stats people look at his passing. He stinks. Sure coaching could help him but We are set for a long time with Wilson so now we need competent back-ups for the Just in case and Pryor isn't one, yet.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with 3 QBs, but I think 6 WRs is a WR too far.

6 WR is what they will keep. Kearse, Baldwin, Harvin, Robinson, Norwood, and Lockette. No if ands or buts about it. For one Norwood and Robinson are locks for the young guys i would say and Lockette is one of the league best gunners and is a fine receiver. The other guys are no doubt locks. So Dolemite out of those 6 who would you cut??? Lockette? not going to happen he is to important on special teams. Norwood? well he is a special talent that we have not been able to see because of injury so maybe he goes IR/PUP list. Baldwin, Kearse, Robinson and Harvin? none of those guys LMAO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do mean Richardson. I think i have called him Robinson 10+ times lol

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHY? It's not like he's a running back. What we need him to do is be an equal mind to RW in the qb room, help him prepare and in the freak chance RW gets hurt be a .500 qb while he's out.

Pryor literally can't complete a forward pass with any type of consistancy. Do you really want that guy running your offense? Also please keep in mind RW's goal this year is 70% completion percentage.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love T-Jack as the backup. About as reliable as it gets.

Part of me would really like to see what Pryor could do at TE. I just don't know if he'd buy in. He obviously still sees himself as a QB. I'm just not that excited about his ability as a thrower. The long runs are nice, sure, but he makes way too many boneheaded decisions and is inconsistent with his accuracy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love T-Jack as the backup. About as reliable as it gets.

Part of me would really like to see what Pryor could do at TE. I just don't know if he'd buy in. He obviously still sees himself as a QB. I'm just not that excited about his ability as a thrower. The long runs are nice, sure, but he makes way too many boneheaded decisions and is inconsistent with his accuracy.

Welcome to the Seahawks board. Always nice to see new blood. As for Pryor is a project at QB no doubt, but he does have some god give talent that could help, so we shall see what happens. Whatever happens I think it safe to say Pryor isn't moving to TE.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Seahawks board. Always nice to see new blood. As for Pryor is a project at QB no doubt, but he does have some god give talent that could help, so we shall see what happens. Whatever happens I think it safe to say Pryor isn't moving to TE.

Pryor has talent, just not at QB. He's a project that will never become a finished product.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree that he won't move to TE. Would love to see it though.

And thanks for the welcome. I'm here from the KFFL board. There will be some others coming over, when it inevitably shuts down for good.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Salk on the radio this am driving in he said that Pryor stated after the sloppy showing against Chicago that he didn't know he was going into the game. Uhhh TP you realize your competing for the backup job right? Your not competing with RW, your competing with BJ Daniels/TJack/a 6th WR

Dont you think part of the backup qb job is to always be prepared cause you could need to play at the drop of a hat?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last point, with Pryor v TJack.

Were not looking for the air apparent (I feel I spelled that wrong lol) RW is our guy for the next 10 years. We need the steady worker who can come in run the team and help RW in the qb room.