• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN has Seattle keeping 3 QBs

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a numbers game, you are going to keep 25 offensive players 25 defensive players and 3 special teams players. Of the 25 offensive players that you keep at least 9 of them are going to be OL and you want to keep 3 TEs so that leaves 13 spots for 3 positions. If we keep 6 WRs which I think we do, then it will be 5RBs and 2 QBs or 4 RBs and 3 QBs. It is possible that we keep only 5 WRs but who would we expose for another team to pick up. I highly doubt we sacrifice a defensive position for a 3rd QB

Seattle is in a position where they really do not need a developmental QB. We have a very gifted young QB in Russell Wilson. We pretty much know who our starter is going to be for the next decade. What we need is A QB who could come in and win us some games if Russell was to go down for 3 or 4 games. I have a much higher comfort level having TJac do this over Pryor

IMO, Pryor will be competing with Ware for a roster spot

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only "FB" the Hawks keep is Coleman so Lynch, Turbin, Michaels and Coleman there is your 4. Ware has been playing at RB and has not shown as much as he would need to. Coleman has become a solid FB and Smalls will be a PS player. 6 WR, 3 QB's ( at least to start with and after a couple weeks you might see that change to 2 ) and 4 RB/FB's, 3 TE, 8-9 OL = 24 to 25. Thing is Who is our 3rd TE? Helfet? he is injured, Allen?

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only "FB" the Hawks keep is Coleman so Lynch, Turbin, Michaels and Coleman there is your 4. Ware has been playing at RB and has not shown as much as he would need to. Coleman has become a solid FB and Smalls will be a PS player. 6 WR, 3 QB's ( at least to start with and after a couple weeks you might see that change to 2 ) and 4 RB/FB's, 3 TE, 8-9 OL = 24 to 25. Thing is Who is our 3rd TE? Helfet? he is injured, Allen?

The last I read on Helfet is he is day to day so I think he may find himself on the 53 man roster

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a numbers game, you are going to keep 25 offensive players 25 defensive players and 3 special teams players. Of the 25 offensive players that you keep at least 9 of them are going to be OL and you want to keep 3 TEs so that leaves 13 spots for 3 positions. If we keep 6 WRs which I think we do, then it will be 5RBs and 2 QBs or 4 RBs and 3 QBs. It is possible that we keep only 5 WRs but who would we expose for another team to pick up. I highly doubt we sacrifice a defensive position for a 3rd QB

Seattle is in a position where they really do not need a developmental QB. We have a very gifted young QB in Russell Wilson. We pretty much know who our starter is going to be for the next decade. What we need is A QB who could come in and win us some games if Russell was to go down for 3 or 4 games. I have a much higher comfort level having TJac do this over Pryor

IMO, Pryor will be competing with Ware for a roster spot

Nice post, Warden and welcome to the Seahawk board and SportsHoopla. I think you may be right about competing with Ware for a spot.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me with them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A supposed QB is not going to be competing with Ware. The Hawks are not going to carry 4 QB no matter what. So that means he is competing with B.J. Dainels, I feel the Hawks carry 3 QB's to start the season and the main reason is because they could feel Jackson or B.J. Daniels might garner some trade talk from other teams. Pryor wouldn't garner anything, unless he out right rips it up tonight WITH HIS PASSING not his legs.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post, Warden and welcome to the Seahawk board and SportsHoopla. I think you may be right about competing with Ware for a spot.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me with them.

Thank you for the warm welcome

I am still struggling with activation issues, so much of what these boards have to offer, is in accessible for me and I am not sure how to fix it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the warm welcome

I am still struggling with activation issues, so much of what these boards have to offer, is in accessible for me and I am not sure how to fix it.

Sent you a PM. Need more details. Dang I hope you can use PMs, if not just give me the details here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I really don't care if Pryor or Daniels makes it. I'm fine with either and don't expect either to see the football field this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I really don't care if Pryor or Daniels makes it. I'm fine with either and don't expect either to see the football field this year.

It's a minor detail, but until real football start, that's what we have to talk about. One week and we get the real deal, sweet!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose one, I would choose Pryor based off of potential. BJ has been here and knows the system better. He has been ok, but not shown something incredible. Pryor shows flashes of good play and seems to have improved in his short time here, but also makes more mistakes and hasn't shown consistency from the pocket. Hopefully we see that tonight.

It also is nice to have a practice squad QB that has the same elusiveness as Kaep for those two big games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose one, I would choose Pryor based off of potential. BJ has been here and knows the system better. He has been ok, but not shown something incredible. Pryor shows flashes of good play and seems to have improved in his short time here, but also makes more mistakes and hasn't shown consistency from the pocket. Hopefully we see that tonight.

It also is nice to have a practice squad QB that has the same elusiveness as Kaep for those two big games.

Hope you not referring to Pryor.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Pryor tonight, he has a funky throwing motion. Not saying that's good or bad, but it just looks weird to me.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sent you a PM. Need more details. Dang I hope you can use PMs, if not just give me the details here.

I can receive PMs, I can't send them
I can't start new threads
I can't access some forms like this one Site Announcements, Help & Suggestions

I can't click on a user name to get information including my own

Sounds like most of my issues go away once my post count goes up

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do this a hundred times....

:postwhore:

Seriously though, I don't remember having those issues last year when I was new to the forum.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe I had to post 10 times or something like that before I could start a thread. Other than that, I don't PM much, so it was a while before I sent one and I wasn't new then.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see the problem and it is easily fixed. You haven't yet paid your initiation yet. Remit $125 to [email protected] and you will be good to go.
I will send you a bill for your monthly dues on the 20th of each month.

:pound:
:scratch:

This is a lame joke. Harold is in charge of dues.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you not referring to Pryor.

I shouldn't have said practice squad. I meant having a QB on the team that can mimic Kaep's running ability for our defense to practice against. It seems silly to keep a guy just for that reason, but if he also can be a competent backup with the possibility of replacing TJack next year, then it may be worth it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All these issues will go away when you hit whatever # of posts it takes to get access to these features. It use to be 50 then during the big ESPN migration got lowered to 10. Dang if I know for sure what it is right now. Even if it's 50, that's a piece of cake. Heck one game thread may get you there, if you post on game threads. Some folks would rather not post while watching a game. Just keep posting.:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a message on my phone that Pryor got released. Not a big surprise.