• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Britt Henry suspended wow

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many years ago I had a company vehicle towed away from my place during a blizzard parking ban. The next morning when i discovered it missing I walked 3/4 mile to the impound lot to retreive it and found the office/trailer empty. I waited for a few minutes and when it was obvious that no one was around I walked over to the Scout, got in and drove off. I figured at some point the company I worked for get a bill from the towing company and I would catch hell for it, but nothing ever happened that I'm aware of.

Had the attendant been at the office like he should have been I would have paid $95 and this was back in 1984.
I had a similar incident years ago. I had permission to park though (from the owner) I got mad but I knw where the tow lot was. I snuck in and got in my truck. I was trying to figure what to do next when a truck showed up with a car on the hook. When he opened the gate, I flew out. Never heard a word because the tow companies don't want stories of cars disappearing or being recovered for free.
I don't recommend this action because you can actually be charged for stealing your own car!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised that number is so low for a national tv personality.

Still more than your average tow truck driver, though.

If you want to be technical about it...if you read it closely it doesn't really say what the actual ESPN starting salary is. The number they quote is the average across the country for all networks. I'd imagine ESPN is higher, but I really don't know.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement from the tow company:

To Whom It May Concern:

Parking enforcement is contentious by nature. At the same time, neither Gina, our lot clerk, nor our company, have any interest in seeing Britt McHenry suspended or terminated as a result of her comments.

Ms. McHenry is our neighbor, and, as she said, to paraphrase, made remarks that were out of line. She is human and errors in judgement can be made in the heat of the moment.

Gina is a single mother of 3 children who works a difficult job to provide her family. Gina holds no ill will toward Ms. McHenry.

As a small regulated business, we saw no benefit to releasing the video, except to highlight personal attacks employees in jobs like towing, public parking enforcement and others sometimes encounter. The video was not licensed or sold to anyone.

Advanced Towing Co.

I really couldn't care less what the reasoning it. This is a business who deals with people that absolutely don't want to be there and has now installed a "shame" camera when people get out of line? And why just her? Is she the only one that lost it in there? And btw, if they're going to talk about how rough things are on Gina, why don't they mention what they're paying her.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a similar incident years ago. I had permission to park though (from the owner) I got mad but I knw where the tow lot was. I snuck in and got in my truck. I was trying to figure what to do next when a truck showed up with a car on the hook. When he opened the gate, I flew out. Never heard a word because the tow companies don't want stories of cars disappearing or being recovered for free.
I don't recommend this action because you can actually be charged for stealing your own car!

Just ask for a trial by jury in that situation and you're probably looking at a hung jury at worst.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really couldn't care less what the reasoning it. This is a business who deals with people that absolutely don't want to be there and has now installed a "shame" camera when people get out of line? And why just her? Is she the only one that lost it in there? And btw, if they're going to talk about how rough things are on Gina, why don't they mention what they're paying her.

I'm not talking about reasoning. I'm just saying that it wasn't "sold to the highest bidder".

As far as why she gets shamed and nobody else... Because she is "famous". Which she made sure to mention, then the woman basically told her that because of that fact, she shouldn't be such a bitch because she's on tape. She didn't give a shit and kept going on, no sympathy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about reasoning. I'm just saying that it wasn't "sold to the highest bidder".

As far as why she gets shamed and nobody else... Because she is "famous". Which she made sure to mention, then the woman basically told her that because of that fact, she shouldn't be such a bitch because she's on tape. She didn't give a shit and kept going on, no sympathy.
I have no sympathy for either of them. Really, I just don't have a lot of sympathy. Women are like this to each other all the time. I'm a man and just don't give a shit. I am glad I don't have to get in the middle of a bitch-fight with the rest of the hypocrites.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just another bad day in the life of yet another media bitch.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
impressive degree but if this video keeps gaining steam her career is basically over. espn hates negative pub unless it creates ratings. this wont improve ratings like Screaming A Smith

Yep - just ask Rob Parker. Remember that guy? Most folks probably don't.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how people can get so wound up over shit like this. I couldn't even finish watching, that woman's tone was disgusting. It's like people just look for reasons to go into bitch mode... so sad.

I'm certainly not perfect, and I have been known to get wound up a little too tight occasionally, but I don't look for petty reasons to act like a jerk.

In regards to McHenry, she really put that brain she has on full display. I have had my car towed, and had to pay $300 to get it back, it sucks. But I certainly did not verbally abuse the person working at the impound yard. I may have dropped a few f-bombs, but they were not directed at anyone.

Agree. Also - only entitled people would act in this manner. For most folks the smart thing is to stay somewhat calm at the risk of getting into even more trouble with the tow company, the law ,etc. Berating someone rarely leads to anything productive not to mention the fact that this really revealed her true character.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - just ask Rob Parker. Remember that guy? Most folks probably don't.

kind of surprising that he got dumped for his rg3 comment yet Stephen A makes extremely insensitive comments about women on a regular basis. jay marrioti disappeared off the face of earth after he hit a woman

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She a HO, a no good dirty rotten spoiled bitch HO.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of surprising that he got dumped for his rg3 comment yet Stephen A makes extremely insensitive comments about women on a regular basis. jay marrioti disappeared off the face of earth after he hit a woman

True. I don't think that this is as bad as the Stephen A. insensitivity, but still, only one week?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....she comes off as a spoiled lil' bitch that probably had everything handed to her in life (AKA=daddy's girl).......who probably never had to scrimp-n-$ave,.......I bet her job-resume said = sorority sister/cheerleader/princess......!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a hard google search, but found no nudes. Dang.

Wait what happened?