• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Britt Henry suspended wow

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This incident reminds me of this incident from a few years ago, where another typical C U Next Tuesday went into a Dunkin Donuts.

Just watch this whole thing. Just cannot believe people can get this ridiculous.

I don't get how people can get so wound up over shit like this. I couldn't even finish watching, that woman's tone was disgusting. It's like people just look for reasons to go into bitch mode... so sad.

I'm certainly not perfect, and I have been known to get wound up a little too tight occasionally, but I don't look for petty reasons to act like a jerk.

In regards to McHenry, she really put that brain she has on full display. I have had my car towed, and had to pay $300 to get it back, it sucks. But I certainly did not verbally abuse the person working at the impound yard. I may have dropped a few f-bombs, but they were not directed at anyone.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the american way .. lol

Yea, but, but, that game is reserved for the upper class...

How did the tow truck business get into that game? I want in...

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but, but, that game is reserved for the upper class...

How did the tow truck business get into that game? I want in...
the city council and businesses in the city hire them to do a nasty job that no one else wants to do .. they are just doing a job that they were hired to do

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the city council and businesses in the city hire them to do a nasty job that no one else wants to do .. they are just doing a job that they were hired to do

I was being sarcastic. I am well aware how the scheme works. The issue is that it is far too common for these companies to go "above and beyond" "the job" and abuse the power granted them by local governments/communities. Thus rent seeking.

I'll share my story, I was parked at my apartment complex, and my registration stickers had literally been expired for less than one hour when I was towed. Nevermind the fact that I had a temporary registration in plain view for anyone who wanted to see. I come out the next morning and find my vehicle gone, I thought it had been stolen. I come to find out it was towed due to the expired sticker on my tags. I go to retrieve my car and tell them I had a temporary registration, they essentially tell me to pay $300 or fuck off. I paid...

Moral of the story is: don't procrastinate when it comes to renewing your tags.

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who uses the term "uneducated" as an insult, I automatically tune them out because they're not smart enough to say anything of value.

Funny thing is, the tow truck driver that towed her car probably makes more money than she does.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am being judgmental.
No, I have never had my car towed. I tend to park legally.
My kid had that happen and I had to get involved.
The person on the phone had no mercy and it was either pay $300 or $400 (I cant remember) or lose the car.
Yet, I did not go off on the person on the other end of the line.
The chick was totally wrong.

Many years ago I had a company vehicle towed away from my place during a blizzard parking ban. The next morning when i discovered it missing I walked 3/4 mile to the impound lot to retreive it and found the office/trailer empty. I waited for a few minutes and when it was obvious that no one was around I walked over to the Scout, got in and drove off. I figured at some point the company I worked for get a bill from the towing company and I would catch hell for it, but nothing ever happened that I'm aware of.

Had the attendant been at the office like he should have been I would have paid $95 and this was back in 1984.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that surprising? that would be like giving a review of a cop that just gave u a ticket for speeding. no one is going to give positive feedback

They don't just tow cars that are parked illegally. I'm sure they respond (probably very slowly based on the BBB rating) to accident scenes and vehicle breakdowns as well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you live on the side of a mountain, you don't worry about your vehicles getting towed.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps she's going for this - quotes from Major League after Vaughn makes the wall of shame:

Well, you're a celebrity now, Vaughn.

Thought you had to do something good to be a celebrity.

Not if you do it colorfully. ....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who uses the term "uneducated" as an insult, I automatically tune them out because they're not smart enough to say anything of value.

Funny thing is, the tow truck driver that towed her car probably makes more money than she does.

Highly unlikely. Unless the driver owns the actual tow truck, then it's more likely that the tow truck driver makes 25-35k a year. Most tow truck drivers are paid on commissions based on the vehicles they actually tow. Some get an hourly wage in addition to commission, albeit a small hourly wage. Or at least that's the way it is here in Maryland.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is what I was thinking too. it is obviously a really cool gig but most of the newer espn personalities are raking in between 30-40 grand

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely. Unless the driver owns the actual tow truck, then it's more likely that the tow truck driver makes 25-35k a year. Most tow truck drivers are paid on commissions based on the vehicles they actually tow. Some get an hourly wage in addition to commission, albeit a small hourly wage. Or at least that's the way it is here in Maryland.

Starting out maybe, but I know a few tow truck drivers that have stayed with the same company for several years and they haul in over 50K a year. The big tow rig drivers that tow semis and heavy vehicles get more obviously.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised that number is so low for a national tv personality.

Still more than your average tow truck driver, though.

ya I was too until a few yrs ago when it was reported Erin Andrews made 60 grand with espn and fox offered quadruple her salary when they hired her

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how people can get so wound up over shit like this. I couldn't even finish watching, that woman's tone was disgusting. It's like people just look for reasons to go into bitch mode... so sad.

I'm certainly not perfect, and I have been known to get wound up a little too tight occasionally, but I don't look for petty reasons to act like a jerk.

In regards to McHenry, she really put that brain she has on full display. I have had my car towed, and had to pay $300 to get it back, it sucks. But I certainly did not verbally abuse the person working at the impound yard. I may have dropped a few f-bombs, but they were not directed at anyone.

I think this is a simple question here. But before the question is asked, let me say that we already know that the reporter's main qualification is her good looks. She has a job because she is pretty. It happens all across America in the corporate world, in the world of education and at ESPN too. What other qualifications she may have would not be valid if she were not very pretty. Ok, we know that, that is a given.

Now this is the question: Does ESPN want to be known as a sports network who condone this type of personality, or will they terminate her because she's not only embarrassed herself, she's embarrassed ESPN? It is my guess that this pretty young lady has had things handed to her for most of her life because of her looks. My guess is that ESPN will continue to coddle her and force us fans to be exposed to her nonsensical banter while on an assignment. What a shame.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like were acting like beches don't talk to each other like that. This bech just happens to work at ESPN. If she didn't...we'd just think it's your normal bech having a tantrum. That happens all the time.