• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of year QB rankings

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

People still trying to act like Dak > Wentz?

The one who was apparently having a career year with all of his offensive weapons is sitting at 26 TD passes, 11 INTs and is looking on from the outside of the playoffs. The one that gets all the criticism despite losing almost all of his offensive weapons is sitting at 26 TDs, 7 INTs and is on his way to a division win.
They both suck. Trust me, I know quarterbacks who suck. I’ve spent practically my entire life watching quarterbacks who suck.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with ops list is that it was made

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see you're rankings are career rankings. What makes jimmy G a top 10 qb.

It's not solely based on this year, not is it solely based on career. Not even based only on potential. They're my personal rankings of NFL QBs total worth. I considered past performance, performance this year, and potential for the future.

Why is Jimmy G so high? Because he looks like he could be leading the Niners to success for the next decade. Why is Cousins so low? Because he hasn't led a tem to any success in about a decade of a career.

I'm looking at where I think these guys are at now and where they might be ranked heading into next year.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not solely based on this year, not is it solely based on career. Not even based only on potential. They're my personal rankings of NFL QBs total worth. I considered past performance, performance this year, and potential for the future.

Why is Jimmy G so high? Because he looks like he could be leading the Niners to success for the next decade. Why is Cousins so low? Because he hasn't led a tem to any success in about a decade of a career.

I'm looking at where I think these guys are at now and where they might be ranked heading into next year.
But what I want to know if why is Lock so high? Besides obvious bias

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Jimmy G & Cousins are very comparable.
They both have Defenses & both have Running games (similar situations) but as always people are making the claaim the QB loses games or they win them. it is the teams that win or lose them. My question is when Judging these QBs worth. How did they do in the 4th qtr when there is something on the line. The "Joe Cool" barometer if you will. Not follow a stat line. I didnt watch the Vikes/packers game so I have no idea if Cousins played well in the 4th when he needed to & the failure was somewhere else. or if he shit the bed. I just knew before the game started if the Vikes lost, everyone would blame Cousins. I have seen Jimmy G. play not so well in games but the Niners win because of the team as a whole.

But I still laugh at the notion wins & losses are from one player soley. (all the time)

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obvious bias

Nailed it. Go read my OP. I clearly stated these are my personal, subjective rankings. And as a Broncos fan, I'm giving Lock a slight advantage over every other QB.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it. Go read my OP. I clearly stated these are my personal, subjective rankings. And as a Broncos fan, I'm giving Lock a slight advantage over every other QB.
Yea I saw words other than the list you made, but reading is hard

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the year?

We haven't even had the most important games yet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My teams out of the playoffs, it's the end of the year for me.
Sure, but the playoffs are super important for splitting up QBs who are really close together. Most QBs outside of the top tier can move up or down about 5 spots based on what happens in the playoffs.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Jackson
2- Brees
3- Mahomes
4- Wilson
5- Tannehill
6- Watson
7- Prescott
8- Carr
9- Cousins
10- Garoppolo

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long season and with one week left, I thought I'd throw out my personal, subjective view of how NFL QBs stack up with the year wrapping up.

1. Jackson - BAL
2. Brees - NO
3. Wilson - SEA
4. Mahommes - KC
5. Rodgers - GB
6. Brady - NE
7. Watson - HOU
8. Jimmy G - SF
9. Tannehill - TEN
10. Ryan - ATL
11. Allen - BUF
12. Prescott - DAL
13. Wentz - PHI
14. Cousins - MIN
15. Brissett - IND
16. Rivers - LAC
17. Goff - STLA
18. Stafford - DET
19. Lock - DEN
20. Carr - Oakvegas
21. Rudolph/Hodges/Roethlisberger - PIT
22. Mayfield - CLE
23. Murray - AZ
24. Trubisky - CHI
25. Jones - NYG
26. Winston - TB
27. Haskins/Keenum - WAS
28. Dalton - CIN
29. Newton/Allen/Greir - CAR
30. Minshew/Foles - JAX
31. Fitzpatrick - MIA
32. Darnold - NYJ

I'm guessing we'll see new QBs in Pittsburgh, Cincy, Carolina, and Miami next year. Others that should look for another QB are LAC, Indy, Detroit, and Jacksonville. Will have to see if Tampa and Tennessee are comfortable rolling with their current starters. Winston's leash seems unusally long for all the mistakes he makes, and Tannehill is a guy that always looks good but has yet to lead a team anywhere of importance. Vegas might begin a search for a new franchise guy, but I could see them sticking with Carr another year or two. I think the biggest question mark will be Chicago. Will the Bears stick with the young guy, even though he's regressed a bit?

And there are some good, young arms ready to lead the next generation of the NFL. Jackson, Mahommes, Watson, Lock, Dan Jones, and Murray all look like they could put up some nice numbers over the next few years. And the next couple drafts have some guys that look like they have a ton of talent. Even if just a couple of those guys translate to the NFL really well, the future of the position looks really bright.

Drew Lock at 19 might be the most ridiculous ranking on your list

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with ops list is that it was made
Yeah comparing NFL players is so much harder than baseball players. In baseball you can look more at the stats because they all get a similar number of At Bats and fielding plays. In football the stats are more dependent on their teammates and the plays that the coach calls. So the Ops list looks a lot like a list of the standings from top to bottom.
But I don't think I'd have Fitzpatrick that far down the list based on this season.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock at 19 might be the most ridiculous ranking on your list

I don't know about that. Considering he's a rookie that missed half the season, didn't practice at all the first 11 weeks, and is 3-1 with a fairly poor team I think makes him a top 20 QB.

But like I said, these are my personal, subjective rankings. You're more than welcome to disagree.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock beat Carr. My rankings are justified.