• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Emmanuel Sanders Throws Big Ben Under the Bus on NFLN; Broncos a Team to Keep an Eye On for AB

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that pissed me off about that conversation was Michael Irvin. Why in the holy fuck he brings race into that is beyond me. This shit with AB being Black and because the coach is black, he should show him more respect? It doesn't matter if the coach is black, white or alien green with purple fucking polkadots. Why even bring that into the conversation? Mind you, every time Irvin opens his idiot mouth, I want to destroy the TV.

You haven't listened to anything he's said since he retired? He always brings up race. Even when Greg Blache said to "take out his knees" when it came to tackling Michael Vick he said: "Why's it gotta be the brother that said that?"

The only thing Irvin is even more absurd on is his blind homerism for his old team. He actually said he'd take Dak over Mahomes.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't listened to anything he's said since he retired? He always brings up race. Even when Greg Blache said to "take out his knees" when it came to tackling Michael Vick he said: "Why's it gotta be the brother that said that?"

The only thing Irvin is even more absurd on is his blind homerism for his old team. He actually said he'd take Dak over Mahomes.
Oh yeah, I know. He was calling Dak a better QB than Goff because of the head to head match-up their rookie year in a pre-season game. Even the guys sitting there working with him think he's an idiot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Peyton pretty well known for throwing teammates under the bus?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Peyton pretty well known for throwing teammates under the bus?

Pretty sure it was just his idiot kicker(which Vanderjadt definitely was) and an O-Lineman or 2. Even Peyton knew not to piss off the WR’s and RB’s.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peyton knew when to push buttons better than Ben did. Jeff Saturday could take the heat for instance.

A kicker? Meh, not a great look, but if you're gonna get anyway with that ever, it will be a kicker.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it was just his idiot kicker(which Vanderjadt definitely was) and an O-Lineman or 2. Even Peyton knew not to piss off the WR’s and RB’s.
I think throwing someone under the bus is throwing them under the bus. WRs are definitely more fickle ego-wise than OLmen, but I don't wanna piss off the guys protecting me.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Ben... most of the problems start with him. A “supposed” leader that loves to throw his teammates under the bus publicly, instead of being a man and handling it inside the locker room. Tomlin does nothing about it and thus you have the ego’s stepping forth like AB. AB knows he cannot publicly bash Ben who is the face of the franchise. But since the true leaders of this team, Cowher’s vets, all got weeded out... There has been a massive void in leadership. When Ben threw AB under the bus after the Denver game, Tomlin should have stepped in. He didn’t and AB was probably furious.
he had just thrown Ben under the bus for calling out teammates
@SteelersPride @Ojb81 assured me these are not issues with ben

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride @Ojb81 assured me these are not issues with ben
I don't know how anyone could justify that Ben's comments on his weekly radio show weren't a problem? Ben does display other leadership qualities, but he's definitely not the best leader.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone could justify that Ben's comments on his weekly radio show weren't a problem? Ben does display other leadership qualities, but he's definitely not the best leader.
personally i think guys do need called out occassionally. If you have noticed theres some strong personalities in that room

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i think guys do need called out occassionally. If you have noticed theres some strong personalities in that room
Agreed. But there’s still a right and wrong way to do that. Ben should have kept all his “call out” comments this season behind closed doors.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But there’s still a right and wrong way to do that. Ben should have kept all his “call out” comments this season behind closed doors.
again, im just guessing. BUt im pretty confident in this based on comments from multiple guys on the team.

Keeping things behind closed doors wasnt working.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Sanders, he was pretty much right in what he said. Ben could have handled the post game presser when he called out AB and the rookie a lot better. Didn't need to throw those guys under the bus publicly. Even if he was right about them not doing their job properly. Great leaders just don't do that.

This.

Is it any surprise Big Ben is a douche-bag?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, im just guessing. BUt im pretty confident in this based on comments from multiple guys on the team.

Keeping things behind closed doors wasnt working.
Possibly. If that was the case then why not make public comments about leadership problems and the coaching staff?

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have the cap space and pick 10 wouldn't be that steep of a price for him so I could see them being in the mix for a trade. Plus Elway's seat is starting to get warmer and warmer so he needs to turn things around.

Though I would still say if an NFC team makes a comparable offer to any of the AFC teams the Steelers will ship him to the NFC.

Case Keenum should have no trouble getting him the ball...:pound:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. If that was the case then why not make public comments about leadership problems and the coaching staff?
like any job, you can call out your equals, adn your co-workers, but its never good to call out your boss. Its like when a supervisor makes an example of someone, its not the best, but sometimes its needed, but that supervisor generally isnt calling out the owner, or the regional manager.