• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Initial Thoughts on the game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So finally got to watch my first Bronco game live today. Either had work or family drama the other 2 so nice to get that game time feeling again without already knowing the result.

So initial thoughts...First off have to say I was very disappointed in the crowd in this one. I don't say something like that very often but what was with the crowd getting loud while we were on offense then being quiet while we were on defense. You could tell Peyton and Osweiler both were not very happy with that happening. I wasn't at the game to know but listening to it you could tell the crowd was loud and when Manning would tell them to be quiet they almost actually would get louder???? I know it was preseason but I'm hoping that is something that never happens in the regular season. Bronco fans are known for their intelligence so I'm hoping smarter minds can rise to the occasion when the games start mattering.

Offense

Honestly with the game plan we had today we were not actually working to score at will like usual. The main goal today definitely played out of get the guys who have not had much playing or practicing time some game reps. Montee Ball and Emmanuel Sanders seemed to be the whole focal point of the 1st team offense. That is why Manning's pick really didn't bother me all that much as he was force feeding Sanders.

On that note Sanders if healthy is the real deal in this offense! Problem is he has always had health issues and he hasn't done much to alleviate those for me at least. Is he going to be our Percy Harvin of when healthy explosive but you can only count on him for so many snaps a game? Only time will tell but for this one game he looked explosive and what we have been wanting opposite of D. Thomas.

Ball looked decent. He looked a little hesitant hitting the hole but hey when you were cut open 3 weeks earlier and now having 300 lb. men hitting you in the place they cut you open I probably would be too. Very glad to see him back and glad he got those 1st hit worries out of his system before the actual season comes around.

Second team offense didn't really do a whole lot. Osweiler looked decent but if you look at his stats they don't do him much justice. His receivers were just plain terrible. For guys fighting for a roster spot they didn't look the part of having a fire under them. I think on one drive alone he had like 3 or 4 dropped passes.

Also quick note on this that maybe I am the only one a bit ticked off about...Romeo Crennel was just down right a jerk in this game. Preseason is about working out the little details and giving players one on one opportunities to show what they can do. Crennel deciding to all out blitz play after play teaches neither team jack squat other than you can hit the back up quarterback behind an OL that stinks. I just don't get the point of that move and found it very disrespectful to the whole preseason process.

Alright done with my rant...Defense

Have to say it looked good seeing #58 back on the field! Had a chance at a pick 6 but otherwise didn't do a whole lot. Also looked like the Broncos never had Ware and Miller going after the quarterback at the same time. Always seemed one of them was dropping back into coverage. I'm guessing this was so teams cannot see what that looks like quite yet.

Probably my player of the game other than Sanders is that of Bradley Roby! Our 1st round rookie is quickly getting me excited to see what he can do for us. This kid was picked on left and right as he was one on one with Andre Johnson quite a bit and he held his ground big time. Honestly should have had maybe 2 to 3 picks in this game. If he can learn to catch he will be a big time playmaker. His hit on Andre Johnson though is a thing of beauty. This kid is not afraid to hit somebody. I'm really hoping the coaches let him have a chance at that 3rd Corner spot ahead of Webster. I like Webster but I think Roby brings a bit more to the field.

I could keep going and will probably later on this game but those are my first initial thoughts. Some good and some bad. Final score really wasn't too important. A bunch of individuals that I had questions about really showed something today and that means a heck of a lot more than the Texans 3rd string quarterback beating our 3rd string defense.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about the offense. We were very, very vanilla last night, and we made sure Ball and Sanders got ample touches to get them broke in. Juwan Thompson again impressed me last night, and I think he's solidified his roster spot. Manning with a couple gorgeous passes on the Sanders TD's, and you have to love him getting in Swearinger's face, and not even giving a damn about getting flagged. I think he knew Welker got concussed, and let Swearinger know he can go eff himself.

Nothing sexy on defense last night either.......except for Bradley Roby. Youngster was in on alot plays, and I love the fact he likes to lean on people. Got a nasty streak about him. Good to see Von back out on the field.

I'm still buggin' on the Prater situation. We need to get a vet in here quick.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about the offense. We were very, very vanilla last night, and we made sure Ball and Sanders got ample touches to get them broke in. Juwan Thompson again impressed me last night, and I think he's solidified his roster spot. Manning with a couple gorgeous passes on the Sanders TD's, and you have to love him getting in Swearinger's face, and not even giving a damn about getting flagged. I think he knew Welker got concussed, and let Swearinger know he can go eff himself.

Nothing sexy on defense last night either.......except for Bradley Roby. Youngster was in on alot plays, and I love the fact he likes to lean on people. Got a nasty streak about him. Good to see Von back out on the field.

Prater situation and whether or not Welker is a vegtable yet after another concussion.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Ball and Sanders involved in the game. The o line had a few issues on stunts but I think that will clear up. Good to see Manning throw some deep balls because he will have to this year to make sure defenses dont just load up to shut down the short passes which Denver is known for. There was decent pressusre by the 1st team defense. The Welker situation really blows and Prater looked like he had issues kicking fg's as well. Hopefully that situation with the 4 game suspension clears up as well. Few mistakes by Irving and Marshall in pass coverage but overall good performance by the 1st team defense. Just saying.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that ( Manning be flagged) with only 10 secs left didn`t hurt:)

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^I heard him even say something to that effect in his interview after the game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after watching game, I liked Hillmans play, Marvin Austin, Lewis Young, Marshall, Special Team play and think we better drop a kicker and get a vet FA. I thought it was another good performance all around except for last scoring drive /2pt conversion by Houston and subsequent fg positioning drive by OZ and co