• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

for those who tend to think the offense is a problem.. it is

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL! dudes still trying to blame the offensive woes (which they don't even admit to half the time) on missing a single player. a 32 year old, injury prone vet. like i said.. the receivers don't have a problem when a top tier QB can find them in coverage. neither would any of the other big guns in the league. hollins and agholor have gotten themselves open in recent weeks for big plays.. wentz COMPLETELY missed them with horrible throws. foles was someone who made riley cooper look decent, lmao.

just like so many people keep ignoring the draft picks and energy put into making the offense better, while ignoring the defense. we're old, lacking talent and need to keep up to speed with the league. instead we're trying to beef up the offense to support wentz. an offense that was already generating massive yards and points with foles in command.

yeah, i refuse to slob wentz' knob like so many here. we gave him additional help over what was needed, specifically at the defense's expense. and now dudes throw schwartz under the bus and the defense gets blamed after we put up 17 points on the jets (2 midfield TD drives) and 20 points on the vikings? FUCK OUT OF HERE! then you have talk about quinn, when the falcons are insanely horrible this year (except for their lone win against the eagles because our powerful offense stalled.) hilarious!

i said it once, and i'll say it a million times before it's done with. we have a strong vet team with a really short window. foles was the best choice to move forward with that team. wentz would have brought draft picks and players back. and when that window is up in 2-3 years, we'd be QB hunting.. but the team would be younger and in solid shape. the way it is now? we lack overall talent all around. they only get older and weaker with each day that passes. but what's the point of explaining this to people who can't look beyond the current day? waste of time. like i said, enjoy the losses.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only logical explanation for this stupid thread is that the OP walked in on Wentz banging his girl and when they saw him they laughed.

What a stupid fucking thread.

The defense is a far bigger problem than the offense.

who is replacing schwartz? who is replacing all these old, inexperienced, garbage players on the defense? where are we getting them from? who is going to make douglas, jones and the used car salemen play better?

i'll answer it for you..

phillygreen: derr, her durpy dump wentz is elite.. banged the girl of some random guy on a forum. tehherrrr derpa deerrrrr i'm so clever.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Hollins is a ST stud, but not a good WR. Arcega is not ready for prime time. Howie needs to grab a WR with deep speed, even if DJAX comes back soon. Most teams have more than one fast receiver. Emanuel Sanders?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Hollins is a ST stud, but not a good WR. Arcega is not ready for prime time. Howie needs to grab a WR with deep speed, even if DJAX comes back soon. Most teams have more than one fast receiver. Emanuel Sanders?

we can't keep acquiring offensive players until wentz turns it on. he's been given more than enough. while speed is lacking.. he has 2 tight ends, jeffery, solid backs and a good O-line. he can't throw downfield consistently, bottom line.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is replacing schwartz? who is replacing all these old, inexperienced, garbage players on the defense? where are we getting them from? who is going to make douglas, jones and the used car salemen play better?

i'll answer it for you..

phillygreen: derr, her durpy dump wentz is elite.. banged the girl of some random guy on a forum. tehherrrr derpa deerrrrr i'm so clever.

You know why I made the banging girlfriend comment? Because it was a stupid fucking thread to create. There was already a thread that I created the discussed the offense not being the problem. That was a perfect thread to post any rebuttals you may have. You just can't get past your hate for Wentz and do nothing but bash him but really can't support your argument.

In my thread I supported my points with some supporting evidence that broke it down. In your constant posts you list your opinion only. The problem with that as you can see in this thread is no one agrees with you. So you pretty much have no credibility. You have not posted anything to support your argument. All you do is post your obvious dislike for Wentz but I doubt you will find any credible article or announcer that supports your claims. The only two I can think of is Skip Bayless and Max Kellerman. Two of the biggest idiots in sports.

I have made post after post after post for the reasons why I think Schwartz should be fired. You have pretty much ignored them.

Who is going to make Douglas, Jones and the used car salesman better? That is the coaches job. If he is unable to do that then he needs to get fired. If the issue is the players are maxed out their talent then they should have been let go because they suck. Again the coaches responsibility.

The coach is supposed to come up with a game plan that helps the team succeed. I mean Schwartz knowing that Douglas is garbage expected him to run with Diggs. That is just one of many glaring mistakes that Schwartz makes every week.

I mean seriously who here besides you thinks Jim Schwartz is doing a good job?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why I made the banging girlfriend comment? Because it was a stupid fucking thread to create. There was already a thread that I created the discussed the offense not being the problem. That was a perfect thread to post any rebuttals you may have. You just can't get past your hate for Wentz and do nothing but bash him but really can't support your argument.

In my thread I supported my points with some supporting evidence that broke it down. In your constant posts you list your opinion only. The problem with that as you can see in this thread is no one agrees with you. So you pretty much have no credibility. You have not posted anything to support your argument. All you do is post your obvious dislike for Wentz but I doubt you will find any credible article or announcer that supports your claims. The only two I can think of is Skip Bayless and Max Kellerman. Two of the biggest idiots in sports.

I have made post after post after post for the reasons why I think Schwartz should be fired. You have pretty much ignored them.

Who is going to make Douglas, Jones and the used car salesman better? That is the coaches job. If he is unable to do that then he needs to get fired. If the issue is the players are maxed out their talent then they should have been let go because they suck. Again the coaches responsibility.

The coach is supposed to come up with a game plan that helps the team succeed. I mean Schwartz knowing that Douglas is garbage expected him to run with Diggs. That is just one of many glaring mistakes that Schwartz makes every week.

I mean seriously who here besides you thinks Jim Schwartz is doing a good job?

lol @ hate for wentz. absolutely loved drafting him. when so many criticized him his rookie year for his mechanics, i told them to get off his back, it's his first year. when he got hurt in 2017, i was beyond pissed at pederson for allowing him to run wreckless.

as much as i like foles, i thought it was idiotic some people wanted him to replace wentz after the superbowl. HOWEVER, i deal with reality. watching the decisions wentz made in 2018, his inconsistency and inability to lead the offense.. it became a question mark. when foles stepped right in again and carried the eagles, it was a given he was the better QB for this aging team.

foles can do everything wentz can do right now, only better. and this superbowl window is closing quickly.

you have been crying about schwartz week after week for years. you have been proven wrong time and time again by simple stats. the eagles have no secondary. they don't have much at the linebacker position any more. even their D-line always seems to be full of injuries and relies mainly on the cox/graham combo. yet they almost always find a way to shut down the run and keep the eagles in the game.

to think schwartz can just change a scheme and hide the fact they are playing guys who shouldn't even be in the league is absurd. it just means they get exposed in different ways. like i said, you're declaring a defense that was 12th in points against and 7th against the run as "one of the worst in football." and you try to claim that as supporting evidence? right.

the obvious problem is the majority of fans in every base are homers. this forum is no different. you cannot seperate the fact this team is old and lacking talent. you're trying to push all the blame on one coach.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, saw the kellerman clip. it was spot on.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles can do everything wentz can do right now, only better. and this superbowl window is closing quickly.

Foles can't do a fucking thing Wentz can do because he is on the injured list and more prone to injury than Wentz.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lthe obvious problem is the majority of fans in every base are homers. this forum is no different. you cannot seperate the fact this team is old and lacking talent. you're trying to push all the blame on one coach.

Do you know why I blame the coach? Because he has not changed his scheme. Jim Scwhartz has not made a single adjustment minus a few games where he blitzed more after the half. That is why I blame Schwartz. I expect my coaches to develop some kind of plan to help compensate for the deficiencies. If Schwartz would have made some adjustments and the team still sucked badly I could not blame him. He did what he could with what he had. That is something he is either unable to or refuses to do.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish i could live in a reality where i watched the game and could blame the offensive woes on Wentz.

Receivers drop balls. (Enlightened opinion: He should have thrown it better, lead the receiver). Leads Nelson vs. ATL, drops GW TD. Leads Alshon vs. vikings, he drifts out of bounds rather than taking it for 6. (Enlightened opinion: The would have won the game with Foles if those guys didn't do what you tried to say they did with Wentz).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Hollins is the offensive version of Al Rossum when he was on this team. Let him do his thing on ST, but he's going to get PI called more often than not when the balls coming his way.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can't keep acquiring offensive players until wentz turns it on. he's been given more than enough. while speed is lacking.. he has 2 tight ends, jeffery, solid backs and a good O-line. he can't throw downfield consistently, bottom line.
i know you don't want to hear it, but

3 from hell is boring, my apologies.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is perhaps a bad spot to post this but I agree that the offense is a bigger problem than the defense. Where I diverge is that I don’t really blame Wentz. Sure, he has not been good enough in some instances...but he’s nowhere near the main problem.

Here are the main problems that I see:

1. Lack of execution. The obvious ones are the drops, but it hasn’t just been the drops. There have been some games where the OL played poorly. There have been stupid turnovers in almost every game. Wentz has missed some throws.

2. Gameplan. Outside of the Green Bay game, the game-planning seems to be nonexistent. There is no excuse for the team’s performance against Atlanta. While we can all point to Nelson’s drop, this team should have beaten the crap out of the Falcons. At the time, we characterized it as a loss to a hungry team where our gameplan was shot because of the absences of Goedert and Alshon and Desean. It’s ridiculous that the gameplan can hinge so much on a team’s backup TE. Outside of the Green Bay game, the offense has not controlled any game that it’s been in. Down against Washington early, losses to Atlanta and Detroit, the defense carried them against the Jets, and they looked completely lost against the Vikings and Cowboys. This is 100% on the coaching staff and I think we’re seeing that Groh needs to go. Every team has injuries or makes stupid mistakes or fails to execute, good coaching staffs still find a way to put them in position to win.

3. Explosiveness. There are basically two and a half explosive players on this team. Desean, who is injured, and I’ll count Sanders and Agholor collectively as 1 and 1/2. You decide who counts as the 1/2. Agholor looks like he’s fucked in the head again and the team has been unable to consistently get Sanders the ball in space (also he sucks at kick returns. Put someone else there.) This basically means that defenses are not afraid of anyone on the offense. With the injuries to the WRs, this coaching staff should have been finding ways to get two-RB sets out on the field to help makeup for the loss of Desean and the hobbled legs of Alshon. That goes back to game plan. We are not consistently creating mismatches and exploiting them.

4. Decision making. This I will put on Wentz and I think it’s largely irrelevant if we take care of the first 3 issues. His decision making has been mediocre. He’s made some great plays, as we expect, but there is some truth in the criticism of him that he’s not always taking what the defense gives him. Big plays are nice but I’m not sure this team has the personnel (or as noted above, is using the personnel properly) to consistently hit on big plays, particularly with Desean out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is perhaps a bad spot to post this but I agree that the offense is a bigger problem than the defense. Where I diverge is that I don’t really blame Wentz. Sure, he has not been good enough in some instances...but he’s nowhere near the main problem.

Here are the main problems that I see:

1. Lack of execution. The obvious ones are the drops, but it hasn’t just been the drops. There have been some games where the OL played poorly. There have been stupid turnovers in almost every game. Wentz has missed some throws.

2. Gameplan. Outside of the Green Bay game, the game-planning seems to be nonexistent. There is no excuse for the team’s performance against Atlanta. While we can all point to Nelson’s drop, this team should have beaten the crap out of the Falcons. At the time, we characterized it as a loss to a hungry team where our gameplan was shot because of the absences of Goedert and Alshon and Desean. It’s ridiculous that the gameplan can hinge so much on a team’s backup TE. Outside of the Green Bay game, the offense has not controlled any game that it’s been in. Down against Washington early, losses to Atlanta and Detroit, the defense carried them against the Jets, and they looked completely lost against the Vikings and Cowboys. This is 100% on the coaching staff and I think we’re seeing that Groh needs to go. Every team has injuries or makes stupid mistakes or fails to execute, good coaching staffs still find a way to put them in position to win.

3. Explosiveness. There are basically two and a half explosive players on this team. Desean, who is injured, and I’ll count Sanders and Agholor collectively as 1 and 1/2. You decide who counts as the 1/2. Agholor looks like he’s fucked in the head again and the team has been unable to consistently get Sanders the ball in space (also he sucks at kick returns. Put someone else there.) This basically means that defenses are not afraid of anyone on the offense. With the injuries to the WRs, this coaching staff should have been finding ways to get two-RB sets out on the field to help makeup for the loss of Desean and the hobbled legs of Alshon. That goes back to game plan. We are not consistently creating mismatches and exploiting them.

4. Decision making. This I will put on Wentz and I think it’s largely irrelevant if we take care of the first 3 issues. His decision making has been mediocre. He’s made some great plays, as we expect, but there is some truth in the criticism of him that he’s not always taking what the defense gives him. Big plays are nice but I’m not sure this team has the personnel (or as noted above, is using the personnel properly) to consistently hit on big plays, particularly with Desean out.

I forgot to mention — we should blame the offense because they have more talent than the defense. The defense shouldn’t be expected to be good. The offense? No justification for their struggles. They’re way too talented, even with Desean out and the lack of explosiveness.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense should dominate the clock and give our defense leads. Jordan Howard and the big WR/TE targets should make this a sure thing. But it's not happening. We fumble, we commit penalties and we drop footballs. Those mistakes put the defense in bad spots over and over again.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense should dominate the clock and give our defense leads. Jordan Howard and the big WR/TE targets should make this a sure thing. But it's not happening. We fumble, we commit penalties and we drop footballs. Those mistakes put the defense in bad spots over and over again.

Exactly. When you have an offense that lacks explosiveness, you need to execute much better than the offense has been doing.